Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Adjusting stock carb with modified engine (Read 417 times)
kojones

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Finland
Re: Adjusting stock carb with modified engine
Reply #45 - 06/28/17 at 04:45:37

New carb was in much better condition overall, diaphgrams like new. Excellent. Put in 52,5 and 165 and lifted the needle one slot, pilot jet is still rich, highest idle at screw 1/4 turns out. Main jet is a bit too small, few runs showed slight increase in power after WOT. Runs much better now, old carb had slightly torn diaphgram and also found out that my vacuum plug had developed a hole in it  Grin

Thanks to you all for your replies, seems like the correct size for the pilot jet is surprisingly small and surprisingly large for the main jet.

IP Logged
savageguy1

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #46 - 06/28/17 at 16:49:56

Ruttly wrote on 06/12/17 at 10:17:23:
You put all that money in the engine , if you want easy tuning and real good throttle response you should sell the stock carb and buy the mikuni vm36 kit from Lancer here in the Market Place. You will not be disappointed. Trust me on this one you will thank me later !

or ( not to take away from lancer) just but a one off ebay and buy the parts you need to make it work  I believe it is cheaper . the parts are list on the forum under ENGINE: MORE POWER.

IP Logged
kojones

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Finland
Reply #47 - 06/29/17 at 05:00:37

savageguy1 wrote on 06/28/17 at 16:49:56:
Ruttly wrote on 06/12/17 at 10:17:23:
You put all that money in the engine , if you want easy tuning and real good throttle response you should sell the stock carb and buy the mikuni vm36 kit from Lancer here in the Market Place. You will not be disappointed. Trust me on this one you will thank me later !

or ( not to take away from lancer) just but a one off ebay and buy the parts you need to make it work  I believe it is cheaper . the parts are list on the forum under ENGINE: MORE POWER.

This was my plan, the winter is long so lots of time to find correct parts and adjust the carb. I'm too cheap to buy a kit Grin.

I put the old idle mixture screw in as it has different needle profile than the new one, 1-3/4 turns out resulted highest idle, so it's all fine now.

Holiday starts tomorrow, so lots of testing in sight  Cool

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #48 - 06/29/17 at 06:05:36

What holiday is it?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #49 - 06/29/17 at 06:21:22

Do they celebrate the 4th of July in Finland?  Huh

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 07:30:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Adjusting stock carb with modified engine

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.