Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Send Topic Print
Second Trip to Kickstand Lodge (Read 1861 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Second Trip to Kickstand Lodge
Reply #90 - 06/24/17 at 03:11:38

The security issue is a good point MM.  At the KSL folks leave their phones, Ipads, laptops and action cameras plugged into the sockets at the pavilion.....doesn't appear that anyone has problems trusting each other.  I used a plug at the laundry area for my phone  one night....it was still there in the morning when I got up.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #91 - 06/24/17 at 10:18:59

That's great, and when we camped out in Big Bend thirty years ago, we marveled at the unsecured possessions in campsites, just like ours. And apparently no thieves drove through and campers don't screw each other..
And where I fish I set my stuff down, walk away from a rod and reel, in its carrier, and the carrier I spent about thirty hours on, and never worried. The last time I went, someone stole the second rig, AND the EMPTY carrier..

It's all warm and fuzzy, until it isn't.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #92 - 06/24/17 at 16:00:07

You need to build into your bike the ability to charge your toys while you are out on a ride.

Take your toys with you, and charge them at the same time.

I don't think sleeping bags and clothes get stolen all that often, but I am also reminded there are a whole lot of crappy people out there in the world.   General population campgrounds are especially bad because they have lots of groups of roaming kids .....

Here is a socket based dual USB model ....
https://www.amazon.com/Powseed-Motorcycle-Cigarette-Handlebar-Waterproof/dp/B...

and here is a volt meter and dual USB model
www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Charger-Voltmeter-Switch-JARDLI/dp/B01K9JI1CK/ref=p...

Both have an on-off switch to keep LEDs etc from draining your bike's battery.

« Last Edit: 06/25/17 at 12:18:41 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #93 - 06/26/17 at 06:59:51

I have this one since all my stuff us USB. MM taught me how to direct wire it into the headlight feed that is only powered when the key is turned on so there is nothing to turn on and off.

Used it to run my GPS on my last Dragon trip and it works great.

I started to get one of those Oldfeller listed with the LED Voltmeter on it, but I have limited handlebar space and I needed to keep things as small as possible...plus I think the voltmeter (for me) would be something I would want to keep looking at and distract me. Plus, I don't have anything additional added to my bike in terms of power draw so I wasn't worried too much about needing to monitor the volts.

s-l300.jpg

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #94 - 06/28/17 at 07:43:27

Stew I like that !    Might want to put a pair of small zip ties on there for backup. 😀. How do I get one of them ?    Handlebar space being at a premium and all !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #95 - 06/28/17 at 09:38:18

MM,
Mine is attached well with zip ties.  I don't trust the little clip, and will never need to remove mine anyhow.

Get them on fleabay for about $10.  Just search ;motorcycle dual USB'  and filter by North America (so you don't get one on the China slow boat) and you'll see them, it includes an inline fuse.

Takes up very little room.

IMG_20170426_174232.jpg

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #96 - 06/29/17 at 03:57:19

The Kick Stand Lodge trip is tentatively rescheduled for July 20-23....if weather allows - and it will be moved to the following weekend if the event is a washout.

At this point the 20-23 weekend looks wet - but that is still 3 weeks away so it is hard to tell what will happen.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/stecoah-township-nc/28771/month/2095926?mony...

CRAP.jpg

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #97 - 06/29/17 at 16:04:32

Yup, that weather doesn't look too good.   Weather generally shifts forward a day a week, moving weather patterns in closer.   This also does not predict good things for the original days as there are too many days of rain to shift clear of.

The following week, July 27 - 30 does look better.   We need to try to shift over to the better weather, if as a group we can do that.

I am now attempting the vacation shift trick at work aiming at the better weather .....

« Last Edit: 06/30/17 at 11:39:43 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #98 - 06/29/17 at 23:16:41

I'm helping with  VBS the last week of July ... but  might be able to get some one to fill in for me Friday night ... maybe even Thursday night ???

I'll do the best I can with what ever dat we use .  

Its time to take a Summer Mountain Ride !  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #99 - 06/30/17 at 07:13:11

I am hoping that the 20-23 works a I have an appointment in ATL late Thursday and that's en route from my home to KSL. Didn't plan it that way, so if we need to shift to the following weekend I am still flexible in short notice and should be able to make either work. I would just be taking off work the respective Friday (leaving after work Thursday and arriving close to midnight Thursday).

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #100 - 06/30/17 at 12:03:49

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/stecoah-township-nc/28771/month/2095926?mony...

Dave, you go pick you some dates and spit on them.  

I feel like I am cursed, if I pick some days it rains and if I change over to the new drier days they then become the wet days and the old wet days become the drier days ......

I literally cannot win fer losing .......

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #101 - 06/30/17 at 12:19:54

OF.......I am still planning on July 20-23rd for the visit - with the bailout rain date being the next weekend on the 27-30th.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #102 - 06/30/17 at 13:12:36

OK, I have vacation spotted for both weeks.   Obviously, I will only use one set.   If both weeks screw up, I will see you at MM's as we sit under his car port shooting rifles and cooking dozens and dozens of chicken wings.

« Last Edit: 07/03/17 at 05:48:05 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #103 - 07/03/17 at 05:57:46

Tongue       The Curse is still working, the good weekend is this weekend and the next weekend now.    Both of the scheduled trip and alternate weekends suck a little bit, but not too badly .....

..... give it a day and it will change yet again .....

« Last Edit: 07/05/17 at 10:59:57 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #104 - 07/05/17 at 21:35:29

I hope the 20-23 get the weather nod .   The next week is doable but not as easy .  Wink

friday_debreefing.jpg

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 14:34:51

General CategoryThe Cafe › Second Trip to Kickstand Lodge

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.