Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Send Topic Print
Second Trip to Kickstand Lodge (Read 1861 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Probably Rained Out -- Trip to Kickstand Lodge
Reply #60 - 06/12/17 at 12:11:04

Well, ya just never KNOW, ya know? I mean, we don't know anything about that guy. For all I know he had just been talking smack about MooHammed hizself. He's just Dadgum Lucky it didn't straight up Blow his danged head Rightthehell Awff!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #61 - 06/12/17 at 15:27:52

Woke up and had to go find out if the decision to abort was a good 'un or not.

https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=pws:KNCROBBI3

80% chance of rain later in the week, strong thunderstorms already showing over the area on the radar maps.

I like that Wunderground stuff, the various radar views combined with the daily graphs make for a very good tool to use for bike trips.   You can simply +- out on the radar maps to show a lot of extra state area to see what's coming,  or - in and scroll to park right over the campground.

80% chances of rain overall for the next few days, with the decision to abort Santeetlah verified with a rainstorm sitting right on top of it when I first first looked ......  it has moved off within an hour though so it was just a simple thunderstorm.   But another one is showing on the radar now following the same pathway down the valley.

Good call, Dave.

« Last Edit: 06/13/17 at 02:31:24 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #62 - 06/12/17 at 19:25:45

Even the end of the week looks bad....Thursday is strong thunderstorm and Friday is not much better.  Even Saturday is forecasting thunderstorms.  (The weatherunderground site just has too much data and it locks up my home computer).

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/stecoah-township-nc/28771/month/2095926?mony...

This is not my year for good vacations.  In February I was invited to go to Tahoe and go skiing for the first time in 11 years....and it rained for 5 days straight!  The weather was great before we got there, and it cleared up after we left....all we could do was hide in the condo as the winds were 40 mph at the base and 150 at the summit!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #63 - 06/12/17 at 20:16:21

That's OK , The Dragon area is only a half days ride anytime we want to go.  

Let me know when ya'll working folks , get an itch to go ride Ole-Scalley !  Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #64 - 06/13/17 at 02:40:29

Dave wrote on 06/12/17 at 19:25:45:
Even the end of the week looks bad....Thursday is strong thunderstorm and Friday is not much better.  Even Saturday is forecasting thunderstorms.  (The weatherunderground site just has too much data and it locks up my home computer).

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/stecoah-township-nc/28771/month/2095926?mony...

Something's up with your Wintel kitchen laptop most likely, as I can run the Wunderground Android app on my cheapest old shoddy handlebar cell phone with only a seconds delay while the maps build themselves up.   And that sad little cell phone defines the term "complete lack of resources",  really.

I have noticed when the slow down strikes my wife's Win10 machinery and believe it or not so has she -- her first step now is to walk three steps over and sit in my chair and light what she was doing in Linux just to see if it is a network or a Mickeysoft issue.

For an amusement, I set up my Mint Mate 18 desktop to look exactly like hers so she can find her stuff in a familiar environment -- except for her proprietary school softwares everything runs off a Libre Office equivalent, not MS Office.

She complains about my funny menus but she gets around in it just fine.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #65 - 06/14/17 at 18:44:35

The forecast for Thursday is the heaviest rain so far with strong thunderstorms, Friday morning is a heavy thunderstorm....and chance of them on Saturday.

I am staying home.........saving my time off for a sunny weekend in the mountains.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #66 - 06/14/17 at 19:18:56

Trip called on account of pesky thunderstorms and steady rain on some days.

We can't plan for mountain weather -- so we got to get all sorts of "more flexible" about our trip plans.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #67 - 06/14/17 at 20:45:35

The forecast  for the 20th and beyond looks good for now ?  (in my area) ...  Huh

I had next week planned for a W.V. ride but  all the CMAUSA group can't go.   so now its open  !  Smiley   I might just run-over the Dragon a few times if anybody else can go or not ... and try-out that 1/2 price campground --- just to "Try-out that 1/2 price campground" ,  Grin  .   I'm thinking Tuesday afternoon make camp (20-June) ,  and ride home Thursday or Friday ? ...  Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #68 - 06/14/17 at 23:58:13

https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=pws:KNCROB...

Mike, ya gotta look at the weather where you are going to, not where you live --  ya only got two (2) Robbinsville  "good days" to work with next week.    

And those are cloudy and subject to change on you suddenly ....

I am going to crank up a thread for the MM's Farm trip to see what we (all thinking together) can cook up for some ideas that might be relatively "weather proof".    

This fast changing rainy weather stuff is really giving me the pips .....     Tongue

« Last Edit: 06/15/17 at 07:20:48 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #69 - 06/15/17 at 07:23:09

How much of what the weather sooth-sayers said for this week came to pass as predicted ?

I think they all LIE like dogs on a hot day ...  Wink

I did turn around instead of running into rain yesterday , but I'm going back to try the same route again today .... Its all fun ridding anyway .... ain't like I'm on the way to work and "HAVE-TO" go any particular way or die trying. Grin

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #70 - 06/15/17 at 07:23:47

Well this is a bit frustrating....I have looked at the weather and it just isn't a washout today or the next few days.  The amount of rain accumulation they are currently predicting is pretty minimal at 0.12" today and 0.2" tomorrow.

It did turn out for the better that I stayed in town and got a lot of work done - we have been having the kind of weather that storms hard for an hour or two - then the sun comes out and the weather is very pleasant.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #71 - 06/15/17 at 08:54:25

Looks dry at the moment!

http://tailofthedragon.com/webcam/

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #72 - 06/15/17 at 09:28:28

Nobody gets treated as well after being so wrong as the weather guessers.
Can't get twenty minutes from now right, but Ohhh,Boy, twenty years from now,, look out buster!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #73 - 06/15/17 at 09:39:53

I looked on the weather app on my cell phone, and it shows that a big batch of rain is headed to the area and will be there in a little bit.  It appears the good weather will go away for a few hours this afternoon.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #74 - 06/15/17 at 10:02:45

A coupla weeks ago it stormed hard. The doctor and I were tugging on our ears because the barometric pressure swung so fast. The weather radar had me riding home in near monsoon weather, so we hunted a path around. I studied it, knew the roads, but decided to just go home. I never hit rain heavy enough to have needed wipers in the car.
And that GAP I was hitting if I left Galveston to ride it home last year? Yeah, instead of hanging out in a clear spot I got blown into an intersection, and as I tried to turn around and head for cover, the wind stood me up. It's not funny to have your right foot down when you are turning left.

Does that mean I won't look at the radar? Nope, but it's not perfect..

I was really hoping that trip was gonna go as planned..
So much planning and such anticipation, bummer..

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 12:31:49

General CategoryThe Cafe › Second Trip to Kickstand Lodge

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.