Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 
Send Topic Print
Second Trip to Kickstand Lodge (Read 1861 times)
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Second Trip to Kickstand Lodge
Reply #195 - 07/28/17 at 14:04:03

Cool video. I didn't see my brake light flashing as much as I thought I would  Smiley

As you can see, MM was running away and Dave was steadily on my heels. Truth be told, both of them were probably eating a sandwich and drinking a cold cola the whole time while I was struggling to keep up and keep it between the lines  Huh Huh Huh

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #196 - 07/28/17 at 15:01:45

I'm glad to see you all had a good time. Stew, I have to admit I am curious to see how the Dragon ride will feel with the front Kawi pulley. If I recall correctly without the front Kawi pulley I was shifting back and forth, 2nd to 3rd and back throughout all of the Dragon. I believe there are one or two curves that get really tight and I exited in 1st gear. Hopefully I can join you guys on a Dragon ride next year.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #197 - 07/28/17 at 15:03:46

Also Stew, you looked good on the Dragon. And you have to remember that MM and Dave started riding motor bikes while still in diapers. Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #198 - 07/28/17 at 15:28:07

Springman, you are correct on the pulley. I rode it mostly in 2nd, which offers great engine braking and good pull out of the turns. I hit 3rd on a few stretches (to try and catch MM) and 1st on a few of the really hairpins. Otherwise you can have a really good run in 2nd.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #199 - 07/29/17 at 16:39:29

Dave !

I noticed a couple things while watching those video s  :

1st .    Stew is Apexing the corners  Wink
2nd.    That road was trying to BUCK us off !   Shocked

Yea , it kept tilting from one extreme to another ... sometimes what looked like 50 - 60 deg.  
Sometime your going to have to record us running through the RYTHEM SECTION  !  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #200 - 07/30/17 at 03:52:40

Yep, Stew is riding very well, and is very smooth in the corners.

I need to work on the GoPro mount a bit, it shakes from the engine/road vibrations....the GoPro stabilization corrected most of it - but a better mount will help.  I also need to put some fuzzy things on the microphone areas to help reduce the wind noise and allow for better engine sound.

I will likely have a mount that tilts and stays level by the next time we go, it will allow the road to stay level and the bikes will lean.....like they are supposed to. (We likely still won't be riding at "Jared Barns" race bike speeds).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuBxU7WnrL4

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #201 - 07/30/17 at 06:54:25

Thanks guys. I have some good teachers that have learned me well Wink

The first time I did the Dragon I wanted to pee myself. Now I look forward to it with these progressive riders that push me. They're fast, but at the same time very safe and cognizant of everything that's going on. The kind of riders I trust to be riding 6" off my rear wheel.

That Jared Barns video is sick. He is taking some of thos turns at ehat has to be at least a 60 degree lean.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #202 - 07/30/17 at 07:07:47

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #203 - 07/30/17 at 11:40:33

No....I dunnawannabuildit!  I don't want to spend a lot of time building electronic widgets.

This one has good reports, and is affordable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOOCOO-PS2-1-Axis-Adjustable-Sports-Camer-Gyro-Stabil...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #204 - 07/30/17 at 17:20:51

THAT'S what I Thought,,,
Can't load your video, probably can't build your own gyroscopically stabilized camera.
I looked at the instructions.
No way would I try a DIY on it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #205 - 08/28/17 at 07:57:25

I just reviewed my credit card statement, and it included the gas I bought on the trip.

When MMRanch, Stewmills and I were riding on Saturday and trying to dodge the rain - we stopped at "Booger Hollow, GA" and bought gas! Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 08:26:28

General CategoryThe Cafe › Second Trip to Kickstand Lodge

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.