Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14
Send Topic Print
Second Trip to Kickstand Lodge (Read 1861 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Second Trip to Kickstand Lodge
Reply #135 - 07/13/17 at 09:14:29

I never get tired of Wayah Road, and I do remember passing that restaurant - but we have never stopped there.  Wayah road is neat as the west end is along a creek in a mountain valley, then it climbs up the mountain to the peak, then down the other side to the lake area, then back up another peak....then the east end is a really cool twisty downhill with sharp curves just before you reach Franklin.

We might be able to plan a route takes us from Wayah Road over to Cashiers and Lake Toxaway, where we could ride on 281 up to Tuckesegee.  That was a great curvy road with good pavement and no traffic.   It doesn't matter to me which direction we ride.

If the weather is good.....I really hope we can do some "all day" loops on Friday and Saturday.  I have been working long hours and doing very little riding this year, and I got some serious catching up to do! Smiley

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #136 - 07/14/17 at 06:55:58

Dave wrote on 07/13/17 at 09:14:29:
If the weather is good.....I really hope we can do some "all day" loops on Friday and Saturday.  I have been working long hours and doing very little riding this year, and I got some serious catching up to do! Smiley

Ditto.  I have ridden maybe once (to the auto parts store and back) in 3+ weeks. Either it has been the weather or me having to do side work at my rental house for which I needed my truck and tools.  I definitely need some seat time this coming week to get prepared for some good long rides.

I may have to put my motorcycle seat in my truck to help with the conditioning  Grin

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #137 - 07/15/17 at 19:12:32

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/stecoah-township-nc/28771/month/2095926?mony...

Are them little ightning symbols popping up now or what ????

0.01 amount of rain means very low odds of happening and a quite short duration when it does happen.

Standard mountain nice weather in other words.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #138 - 07/15/17 at 19:51:59

I think I'm beginning to like your Weatherman OldFeller !   Smiley

With extra warm weather  ,  we may want a ride up to the 5000/ft. level ?  During the after-lunch time zone .

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #139 - 07/16/17 at 04:03:39

Never hurts to get a second opinion..
https://www.wunderground.com

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #140 - 07/16/17 at 17:29:57

OK, time for me to try to say what I think I understand is gonna happen.

MEET UP SPOT     Lunch on Thursday is here .....  http://tellicokats.com/  ..... this is where we all 3 finally get together.

Dave is coming late Weds night, sleeping for as many winks as he can catch at the Dragon Parking lot whenever he gets there.

There is no Dragon breakfast that early, so Dave will get up and go down the hill to Kickstand, where he will ditch the car and the trailer and proceed from there on bike.   Being struck with some moderate heavy knee joint pain issues this week, I will be found blissfully pain medicated and stone asleep in the Kickstand Bunkhouse when Dave arrives.

(Dave is too dignified and has too high of a self-image to be using any shaving cream tricks or bread crust tricks on a drugged and snoring invalid)

Toss all my kit into Dave's trailer (no need to carry it on the bike all day) then we will proceed to take Dave's bike out and then go to Huddle House in Robinsville for breakfast and from there we go to ..... http://tellicokats.com/ ..... to meet up with MM for lunch.

MM remembers to "add an hour to his phone and wrist watch" for the time difference and he remembers to leave home a hour earlier accordingly.

We all get together for lunch then we proceed to go do it .....

« Last Edit: 07/16/17 at 22:00:45 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #141 - 07/16/17 at 18:59:15

The Kats Deli meet is on Thursday..........not Tuesday!

The weather is looking pretty darn good.  Shame I can make it for the Wednesday "delightful" weather!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #142 - 07/16/17 at 21:46:19

If I leave before Thursday Morning then It will cost me a disaportanatly large amount of Honey-Dew Chips that I don't have ...  Embarrassed

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #143 - 07/16/17 at 22:08:54

Dave is too dignified and has too high of a self-image to be using any shaving cream tricks or bread crust tricks on a drugged and snoring invalid)

Now would be a good time to be glad I'm not gonna make it...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #144 - 07/16/17 at 22:19:26

Well, I done told you I was medicated and snoozing --- feel pretty good at the moment but it is now 1:02 AM (middle of my working day being all security time shifted and all).

I am full awake, typing and dealing with 3 kitty cats all lined up to be rubbed.

Cats are funny, I dosed them with flea stuff this afternoon and they are now all finished up mewling and crying and hiding and going rub crazy over the side effects (the flea stuff tears them up some it does) so now they are lined up at my keyboard to be rubbed and forgiven for whatever sins they did that caused me to dose them with the flea stuff (what they did had to been bad to have been disciplined so severely).   My orange and my gray are spitting and fighting over ownership of me again - they still haven't gotten the main idea yet that I own them not vice versa.

« Last Edit: 07/17/17 at 04:16:57 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #145 - 07/16/17 at 22:21:22

Justin, what have you ever done to deserve a foamy cap being put on your head?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #146 - 07/17/17 at 06:24:49

Sorry for not chiming in...been out of town and finishing up rental house projects this weekend (leaking water main...had to tear out and replace part of the sidewalk).  

I'm still in for arrival late Thursday. Have an eye appointment at Emory in Atlanta at 4pm. If it goes like last time, I'll be there forever. If I pull out of there by 6pm or so I can expect to arrive at KSL around 10pm taking into account a fuel stop and/or potty break along the way.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #147 - 07/17/17 at 06:30:50

Oldfeller:

Do you believe the knee pain is going to keep you in the Bunkhouse all weekend?  If so....we can get by with one small tent....as I can sleep in my trailer while MM and Stew are in a tent.  The bunkhouse is attached to the bathroom/shower building....so you will have the shortest walk - the tent area that is shady is pretty several hundred feet away from the toilets.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #148 - 07/17/17 at 06:33:30

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/16/17 at 22:08:54:
Dave is too dignified and has too high of a self-image to be using any shaving cream tricks or bread crust tricks on a drugged and snoring invalid.

No - my humor is more along the lines of putting rabbit road kill testicles in MM's saddlebag......or pouring a small puddle of used motor oil on the ground under his Harley. Roll Eyes

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #149 - 07/17/17 at 07:15:54

When I was with my Harley group last year (on my S40....I don't have  Harley) I got training wheels and handlebar tassels and 'mounted' them on my buddy's bike. It was hilarious, and he rode with the tassels until they blew off downtby the Huddle House on the way to breakfast.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 10:21:23

General CategoryThe Cafe › Second Trip to Kickstand Lodge

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.