Send Topic Print
A Pastor to Appreciate (Read 194 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

A Pastor to Appreciate
05/19/17 at 09:22:39

This is the perfect response to both the "religious persecution" and megachurches in America:

http://revolsen.com/2017/05/17/an-open-letter-to-rev-franklin-graham-from-a-s...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: A Pastor to Appreciate
Reply #1 - 05/19/17 at 09:55:23

No grasp of justice or understanding of right and wrong. Being forced to contract with someone isn't lawful.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 05/19/17 at 10:02:16

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/19/17 at 09:55:23:
No grasp of justice or understanding of right and wrong. Being forced to contract with someone isn't lawful.

You seem to have missed the gist of the letter....

"Moreover, there is a Christian fellow named Paul (aka Saul) who wrote a letter to a church in Rome nearly two thousand years ago. He said that if your enemy is hungry you should feed him (that’s in the Bible too). So wouldn’t it have been the Christian way to have baked a cake for the same sex couple in your example, even if you deem them enemies (another assertion I don’t quite understand)? I’m confused."

It's not about legality - it's about adhering to a Christian attitude.  It's about not being a hypocrite.  Jesus never shunned a leper....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 05/19/17 at 10:08:17

Lepers don't Choose to be lepers.
Being forced to Participate through Creating a Crucial Element of of the Grand Celebration of a Union specifically called an abomination isn't Just.
Expecting the Godless and the Unprincipled to grasp it is silly, I know.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 05/19/17 at 10:11:45

Well Jog, we have beat this subject pretty good already.....
But that has never stopped me from giving my 2 cents  Grin

As a bible reading Christian no where do I read I am forbidden in commerce re: my faith, other than being truthful.
Nor do I understand a faith that can be threatened by the acts and beliefs of others.
Let me try this analogy.
I want to build a church.
One that I truely believes allows me to express myself through design of that church......
However the city engineering won't grant me permits because they say it will not be a safe structure if built as I want.
Is that the government infringing on my constitutional right to freedom of religion?

I say no.
Faith is unique unto each beliver and only requires a relationship with, and a understanding standing of, the trinity, to have that fulfilling and abundant life of certainly your faith gifts you.

Alright, you can donate via PayPal for this sermon  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 05/19/17 at 10:14:59

If you don't understand my point, I'm sorry.
It's been heard and understood by some people who I respect, educated and not so educated, but they are all Christians, and my points are biblically sound and constitutional.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 05/19/17 at 10:48:31

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/19/17 at 10:14:59:
If you don't understand my point, I'm sorry.
It's been heard and understood by some people who I respect, educated and not so educated, but they are all Christians, and my points are biblically sound and constitutional.

Um, no....

Tell me - when did you CHOOSE to be heterosexual?  LOL - as much as you think - being homosexual is NOT a choice.

But that is a digression...

Further and again - it's about being a good Christian.  Don't Christians have fellowship?  Don't they reach out?  Don't they give without consideration of what they get back?

I think it's you who might be missing the point.

But I'm curious - what are the thoughts on the pastor that wrote the letter?  Is he less of a Christian?  Is he not worthy to speak the Gospel of The Lord?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 05/19/17 at 11:09:24

I'm done with it. I don't care if anyone else gets it. I didn't say hate them or stone them. It's MY RIGHT to Contract with and associate with people of My choosing.
Willfully CONTRACTING with them for an ELEMENT OF THE CELEBRATION is wrong.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 05/19/17 at 11:30:29

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/19/17 at 11:09:24:
I'm done with it. I don't care if anyone else gets it. I didn't say hate them or stone them. It's MY RIGHT to Contract with and associate with people of My choosing.
Willfully CONTRACTING with them for an ELEMENT OF THE CELEBRATION is wrong.

Aaaand once again, the initial post has been hijacked/ignored.  This actually isn't about gay rights (if you truly read the article, you'd know that).  I only answered your first post accordingly.... but anyhoo...

It's about the supposed "war on Christians".  

Now - is this pastor right or wrong in his views?  Is he less of a Christian because he doesn't see the "harm" being done to "Christian values"?

I don't expect an answer - but maybe you can think about it on your own...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 05/19/17 at 13:26:05

That you don't see that I've answered your questions explains why I've really limited my time in here.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 05/19/17 at 14:19:39

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/19/17 at 13:26:05:
That you don't see that I've answered your questions explains why I've really limited my time in here.

Really?  Well, the FACT is - you didn't answer anything...

Come on - just own it.  Do you think that the pastor's letter is wrong or right?

Do you honestly think that Christianity is "under attack" in this country?  Do you think his address to the "big time" pastor was correct in it's assessment?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 05/19/17 at 14:47:14

Long before I ever heard of this guy I've seen Christianity as
Under Attack.
His total lack of grasp of rights tells me he's not right about a lot of things.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 05/19/17 at 15:06:29

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/19/17 at 14:47:14:
Long before I ever heard of this guy I've seen Christianity as
Under Attack.
His total lack of grasp of rights tells me he's not right about a lot of things.

FINALLY an answer!!!  See was it really that hard to do??

Personally, I don't know how you can say that about a pastor.  This is not some guy off the street.  He graduated from a seminary in Minnesota.  If anything, he's far MORE knowledgeable than the average person - he's right there on the (non-existent) "front lines".

Are you an ordained minister?

I personally like to see a small church call out a large one like this. The megachurches are a joke in that the pastors are only in it for one thing - the big money.  

Look at the bigger picture - this isn't about gay rights - this is about mega churches preaching fear and hate.

Like I said, Jesus wouldn't have condoned these kinds of bigotry.  From what I know of the guy, he was far more tolerant than today's self-proclaimed "Christians".

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 05/19/17 at 15:58:54

I've been correctly disagreeing with diploma owners for decades. He was Taught. Who taught him? They failed to explain how things work.
And of Course you know what Jesus would do.
No.
But the points of law are beyond your grasp.

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 05/19/17 at 16:14:50

There are Liberal and conservative Christians, Franklin conservative, this other fellow liberal....the BOTH can preach the Gospel but ask yourself this?

If someone ask a Christian to help them steal should they help?
If a Christian is asked to give someone a ride to an abortion clinic should they go?

In Paul's letter to the Romans he was expressing that Christians should not hate their enemy, he never once asked them to participate.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 12:26:23

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › A Pastor to Appreciate

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.