Send Topic Print
Traded my s40 in (Read 180 times)
Jarhead-CO

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Muncy, Pa
Re: Traded my s40 in
Reply #15 - 05/19/17 at 21:34:32

Yeah the looks were kinda weird at first but after riding it and seeing how it's all set up it is growing on me quickly. If you are in the market for a bike like this I would highly recommend scheduling a test drive. When I want a "cool" bike I'm not sure what I'd go for but this thing is a lot of fun. I'll probably run this bike till it quits but since I ride at night every day I am going to add auxiliary lighting. I'll add a review after 1000 miles.

IP Logged
Buster

Motul 3000 10w40
Zinc 1407ppm

Oklahoma
Reply #16 - 05/21/17 at 06:49:28

Congratulations on your new Honda. I really liked the automatic DCT on my CTX and thought it was much happier than my S40 at higher speeds, but in no way did it feel lighter or more maneuverable than my S40. At least that's my experience from owning both. Maybe the DCT made the difference. CTX was much better at overall handling than my C50 or Shadow 750, but I was really surprised when I was able to turn around neighborhood corners tighter, faster and without scraping foot pegs on S40 compared to the CTX. I really liked the sport/touring/cruiser versatility, superior braking and long commute comfort of the CTX, but still very happy with the S40.

IMGP0088.JPG

2015 S40 (Pearl Moon Stone Gray)
OEM Pillow Seat - OEM Windshield

"Some may call this junk. Me, I call them treasures."
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #17 - 05/21/17 at 08:34:14

Congrats on the new ride!

I know we will all be waiting to hear a 1,000 mile review and maybe a 10,000 mile review.

It looks like a nice bike. I really like the idea of a flat seat. It doesn't appear in the picture to slope forward like almost all of them do these days.  I hate fighting to stay on the seat instead of being wedged up against the tank.

Enjoy it and put LOTS of mile on it.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Jarhead-CO

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Muncy, Pa
Reply #18 - 05/21/17 at 11:48:00

Buster wrote on 05/21/17 at 06:49:28:
Congratulations on your new Honda. I really liked the automatic DCT on my CTX and thought it was much happier than my S40 at higher speeds, but in no way did it feel lighter or more maneuverable than my S40. At least that's my experience from owning both. Maybe the DCT made the difference. CTX was much better at overall handling than my C50 or Shadow 750, but I was really surprised when I was able to turn around neighborhood corners tighter, faster and without scraping foot pegs on S40 compared to the CTX. I really liked the sport/touring/cruiser versatility, superior braking and long commute comfort of the CTX, but still very happy with the S40.

I'm pretty sure the DCT adds like 40 or 50 lbs so that could be. It doesn't feel lighter while standing still and moving the bike side to side but steering response and maneuverability seem more planted and precise maybe giving the illusion of being lighter, also I weigh 250lbs so I have enough weight to man handle the bike. I can do a feet up u turn on a standard road no problem. I'm almost positive the ctx has more lean before you start scraping pegs. Cornering speed for me is kinda the same since I drive back country roads most of the time the corners are always covered in dirt and gravel so I corner cautiously. Braking is much better on the CTX I agree and I am very much enjoying my daily commute. I took it today even though I know I'm probably going to get rained on for my ride home.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:28:29

General CategoryThe Cafe › Traded my s40 in

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.