Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cam Chain Adj Check - OUTDOORS (Read 54 times)
Andy RN

Eugene, OR
Cam Chain Adj Check - OUTDOORS
05/17/17 at 23:49:09

Hi All!
I'm preparing to perform the Cam Chain Adjuster Check, and I was wondering if I have to take any special precautions, because I'm working on the bike outside, in Oregon, and the various parts associated (clutch cover, exhaust, etc.) will likely be left off for several days.

I have an adequate rain cover that has kept the bike dry in heavy rain, but does temperature make a difference for this procedure? (70 high, 50 low). FYI - The bike isn't currently running, so I can't start it up to warm up the oil to make it drain better.

Also, are there any ports/tubes/other that need to be sealed off from dust? I imagine that something should be placed to cover the exhaust port so no dust or debris enter... but are there other places that should be taken care of?

Any other considerations?

Danke schoen!

US Navy (99-03). Novice, self-taught mechanic. 2003 Savage with 44k miles. 2015 S-40 with 5k miles.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Cam Chain Adj Check - OUTDOORS
Reply #1 - 05/18/17 at 07:12:02

If you can't make it safe from blowing dirt, slap the cover on with just a couple of bolts.
Water, bad, dirt, bad, outside, it can be done, just take precautions. If the wind is howling, don't open it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 00:45:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cam Chain Adj Check - OUTDOORS

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.