Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Here lies the battleground....... (Read 104 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Here lies the battleground.......
Reply #15 - 05/18/17 at 14:04:15

oldNslow wrote on 05/18/17 at 12:41:10:
Quote:
So watch for Democrats and black "leaders" to start preaching how moving away from inner cities is a being a sellout. How this is running away, letting whitey win...

I don't think we are going to see a mass exodus out of the ghettos. The first step in getting a job is deciding you actually WANT one.

I think you are wrong about that.
Most folk have the capacity AND willingness to better themselves when set free.
The stigma and pimping will fight to its death, of that I'm certain, but human nature is stronger once it sniffs the truth.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #16 - 05/18/17 at 14:52:37

raydawg wrote on 05/18/17 at 14:04:15:
oldNslow wrote on 05/18/17 at 12:41:10:
Quote:
So watch for Democrats and black "leaders" to start preaching how moving away from inner cities is a being a sellout. How this is running away, letting whitey win...

I don't think we are going to see a mass exodus out of the ghettos. The first step in getting a job is deciding you actually WANT one.

I think you are wrong about that.
Most folk have the capacity AND willingness to better themselves when set free.
The stigma and pimping will fight to its death, of that I'm certain, but human nature is stronger once it sniffs the truth.

It's not a case of wanting a job, it's a case of being able.
Most in the ghetto have been dealt a raw deal for generations that hope is lost, and a way of life is ingrained.
I saw a ps commercial with morgan freeman where he said success is available to all.  It is, but the desire has to outweigh the hopelessness by a factor of 10.  Throw in a dash of talent and luck and you're there.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 05/18/17 at 15:14:57

Opportunity isn't so available as in years past. The Future for too many is a Hope to be accepted by
The Right Gang
instead of an apprenticeship in a place of interest. The poor are made poorer intentionally, fed crap and watered down with toxins.
But, Agenda 21 is not real.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #18 - 05/18/17 at 15:25:37

Sorry, I stand by what I said. The culture of hopelessness and helplessness, and the utter destruction of anything resembling a stable family structure,  or a viable community, in the blighted inner city progressive paradises  has gone on for too long, A huge percentage of those folks have simply given up. When the handouts exceed the rewards of the struggle, why would they want the struggle? Or even recognise the possibility?

Certainly there will be exceptions. But the success stories amount to a trickle. The ghettos are getting bigger, not smaller. And they will continue to do so. Platitudes about "opportunity" "pulling oneself up by ones bootstraps", "ability to better oneself when set free", etc, etc. are not going to change that. The number of those who escape the trap will always be dwarfed by the numbers of those that don't.

We can wish it was otherwise if we want. But it isn't.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 05/18/17 at 15:38:12

Hopelessness is certainly a core issue.
Without opportunity, hopelessness is all that's left. How can they move to where opportunity is with empty pockets?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 16:26:49

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Here lies the battleground.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.