Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Share with me your creative seat mods (Read 20 times)
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Share with me your creative seat mods
05/16/17 at 17:11:29

Hey guys, I'm trying to come up with an idea for changing the seat on my 2015 S40. I've trawled the posts in the 'Photos' thread and I've looked around the local bike shop but still haven't found that creative trigger to lead me on a path.

I'd really appreciate seeing pictures, or reading ideas of what you've done to customize your seating experience.

A couple of notes:

1. I'm hoping to come up with something that will allow me to move forward , and especially back, on the seat depending on riding conditions. But I'd also like to add something that looks good.

2. I'm open to the idea of dropping the pillion seat (I'm not sure yet, where to put the rectifier). I saw one image where someone had put a studded leather strap/bib along the fender to cover the mounting holes.

3. I'm prepared to have a go at making my own seat pan and fiddle with mounting points on the frame etc

4. I know an auto trimmer who can probably do some custom padding and covering for me.

I'll post an image of a seat that caught my eye the other day (I have no idea if I could make it fit)

But really, I'm open to all and any ideas - just looking for some inspiration  Smiley

Thanks in advance

Seat_Option_1.jpg

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Re: Share with me your creative seat mods
Reply #1 - 05/16/17 at 17:11:57

And this is my current setup:

Bike_Right.jpg

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:23:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › Share with me your creative seat mods

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.