Send Topic Print
Bike not starting (Read 63 times)
mkelee
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bike not starting
05/15/17 at 17:05:01

Well I'm here for help once again. Finally have the motor mounted, bike all back together, new battery, gears are shifting. Just meed to lount my exhaust and figure out why the bike won't start. I have spark and i have fuel, but no fire. My dad thinks that my timing might be off. I used a downloaded sheet that walked me through lining up all markings for the timing, and i used a post on here that was the exact same. Anyone have any ideas it, all help is greatly appreciated. Quite frankly im not up to pulling the motor again.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Bike not starting
Reply #1 - 05/15/17 at 20:33:04

I would mount the exhaust before trying to fire it ,so you don't burn or warp the valves , besides the motor needs some back pressure to run right. If you have fuel and spark ,what's left? compression,you might try spraying some fogging oil in the cylinder to seal the rings and prevent damage to the rings and cylinder walls until you have oil pressure ,and spraying a shot of starter fluid in the carb throat. when you set your valves did you rotate the motor ccw ,the same way the tires rotate? did you set the decompression cable ?You could try a new sparkplug,as some can be bad right out of the box.Tell us how you figured out you had spark and fuel.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Bike not starting
Reply #2 - 05/16/17 at 14:14:50

battery could also be bad if it sat around to long or has a factory defect,you should test the voltage across the battery when trying to start ,if the voltage drops below 10 volts you won't have spark.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 14:48:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bike not starting

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.