Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How much is my neglected bike worth? (Read 199 times)
Ianmh
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Toronto
How much is my neglected bike worth?
05/13/17 at 12:08:46

Hi Everyone,

I bought a 2007 S40 about 4 years ago and have sadly neglected it. :'( I kept hoping I would get back into it, but time has not afforded me this and of course it's been sitting in a basement aging not so gracefully. My question is how much is it worth?

The up side is that it only has 2060km on it, but the down side is it was stored in an open multilevel garage for a couple of years and the crappy bike cover tore open due to wind. It's also been in a covered garage for another 2 years after that with no cover. Rust spots and lots of corrosion exist. Several months ago I took the battery out and charged it and it does still run surprisingly, but not sure if it would now. Thoughts?

WWW   IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Re: How much is my neglected bike worth?
Reply #1 - 05/13/17 at 12:15:46

Ianmh,
Just see what the market will bear. Craigslist here it the States doesn't cost anything.

It would be worth a try.

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
Ianmh
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Toronto
Reply #2 - 05/13/17 at 12:36:36

I have, but I've had a vast array of offers and two people have seen the bike and are no longer interested. I need someone who is into giving some love to neglected bikes obviously, but I also need a ballpark range. One person said it's not worth more than 1000.

WWW   IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #3 - 05/13/17 at 12:45:21

If the bike needs work to be able to ride it the price will not be very much. If it can be ridden away that will be a plus.

Let's see what the other guys think. I can't guess unless I see the bike.

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #4 - 05/13/17 at 13:11:36

Check NADA, Kelly Blue Book, and other S40s on craigslist.  That should give you a ballpark value.

IP Logged
catfishunter99
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WI
Reply #5 - 05/13/17 at 13:33:46

+1 Agree with the previous post. Probably on the low end of retail depending on condition.  I just picked up an 06 in ok shape for $326 but it's not a fair comparison because mine has title issues I'm going to try to sort out.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 05/13/17 at 19:11:43

Don't try to start it until you fog the cylinder with oil. Crap collects in the cavity the spark plug sits in.
Inspect and clean if necessary.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #7 - 05/14/17 at 13:10:33

I bought a spotless '08 in Vancouver last summer, 5500kms, for $3000, and it was priced UNDER the local market. For a crappy bike, get it running, price it at $2500 and take the first offer.Better yet, clean it up and ride it!!! Cool

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #8 - 05/14/17 at 15:28:02

Kelly blue book says the bike is worth $3,330 in MINT condition RETAIL,trade in valve $1,500 in GOOD condition. Sorry ,but it sounds like your bike is neither. The fact that it might take 500 to 600 to fix it to be road worthy (tires ,battery, tune up, brakes , etc .) even if the mileage is low, If it looks rusty and old ,it may not appeal to a new buyer, and may not be seen as in good condition, A price between $1,000 and $1,500 may not be an unreasonable offer , or it may be cheaper to keep her ,get it running ,and make her pretty a little at a time.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #9 - 05/14/17 at 16:02:14

batman wrote on 05/14/17 at 15:28:02:
Kelly blue book says the bike is worth $3,330 in MINT condition RETAIL,trade in valve $1,500 in GOOD condition. Sorry ,but it sounds like your bike is neither.

Is that Canadian?  Undecided If not, we're comparing apples and oranges.

IP Logged
Ianmh
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Toronto
Reply #10 - 05/15/17 at 20:04:31

I'd totally fix it up myself if I had the time and a garage, but right now it's in an underground parking lot collecting dust and I don't even have a license anymore to ride it. Totally could have sold it 2 years ago, but because I procrastinated now it's probably going to be hard to get rid of. Might buy another one in a few years when I have more time.  Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #11 - 05/15/17 at 21:36:10

No that's us dollars ,but I haven't been to Toronto lately so I'm not up on the exchange rate.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 06:36:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › How much is my neglected bike worth?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.