Send Topic Print
Won't start just buzzes (Read 42 times)
Drey
YaBB Newbies

Seattle, WA
Won't start just buzzes
05/11/17 at 10:19:43

Hey guys,

I feel like I read a thread about this a while back but cannot find it (maybe because I'm so frustrated right now) but I rode my bike to work this morning and had no problems. Started right up, ran fine. It sits at work for 2.5 hours and I go to start it to come home between shifts (split shifts are frustrating in their own right) and it won't start. When I push the starter button it has that like knock sound it always does but then just buzzes. All the lights and such are on. Doesn't seem like a dead battery to me but maybe that's all it is?

Please tell me it's a super easy fix as I really don't want to deal with getting it towed out of the parking garage. *sigh*

12,200 miles, rapter, pretty much stock otherwise.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Won't start just buzzes
Reply #1 - 05/11/17 at 10:37:45

Did you accidently turn the key clockwise and into the "park" position when you turned the bike off at the end of your ride this morning.....if so your battery is low.

Or.......a battery can go from being "good" to "bad" in an instant.  I once rode a bike to the hardware store, then to a gas station for fuel.....and at the gas station the battery wouldn't even light up the neutral light.

Get a jump to ride the bike home....or put it on a charger.  If you jump it, make sure the car is not running - for some reason that can fry a motorcycyle's electric parts.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Drey
YaBB Newbies

Seattle, WA
Reply #2 - 05/11/17 at 10:41:21

OK. I'll see if I can con someone into giving me a jump or take my partner's car.

Hope this is all it is. I do have to admit I've left the bike on a few times and had to have it jumped over the winter so maybe the battery finally just gave up the ghost.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #3 - 05/11/17 at 12:20:13

If you've had it "jumped a few times" you may well have hurt the battery,or it's getting "tired " you may have to go new.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 00:19:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Won't start just buzzes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.