Peace o mind........ (Read 409 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Peace o mind........
Reply #45 - 05/12/17 at 10:34:00

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/12/17 at 09:42:38:
That you don't see what they are doing in Europe and believe that they are going to assimilate is incomprehensible to me.

Why?  Do you have that little faith in America?  If so, that's sad.

You're PROUD of the foreign policy of America?

Yes - up until the end of the 1st Bush administration.  It got a little better (emphasize little) under Obama.  As it is right now, we're a joke thanks to tweety.

I'm rooting that we'll get better after this clown (and his menagerie) is gone.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #46 - 05/12/17 at 10:35:23

pg wrote on 05/12/17 at 10:23:52:
That you don't see what they are doing in Europe and believe that they are going to assimilate is incomprehensible to me.

Perhaps this will help; although, I doubt it.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-11/map-they-dont-want-you-see-nations-m...

The nations that have become the hottest destinations for refugees, are also the nations with the most terrorist attacks. France, Germany, Sweden, and the UK are brimming with terror incidents. Meanwhile, countries that didn’t take in so many refugees, like Poland, Slovakia, and the Baltic states, have very few terrorist attacks or none at all.

Best regards,

So sad that you have so little faith in America.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #47 - 05/12/17 at 11:37:58

T And T Garage wrote on 05/12/17 at 10:35:23:

How does that have any association whatsoever to my belief in America?

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Jarhead-CO

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Muncy, Pa
Reply #48 - 05/12/17 at 12:28:43

Perhaps this will help; although, I doubt it.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-11/map-they-dont-want-you-see-nations-m...

The nations that have become the hottest destinations for refugees, are also the nations with the most terrorist attacks. France, Germany, Sweden, and the UK are brimming with terror incidents. Meanwhile, countries that didn’t take in so many refugees, like Poland, Slovakia, and the Baltic states, have very few terrorist attacks or none at all.

Best regards,

Wow I'm sorry I was going to stay out of this on the forum but that is just a cop out. I've fought and bled for this country, I've had a Muslim kid save my life by by screaming my name just before I kicked in a door that had an IED in it that would have killed me. I patrolled the city of Now Zad and became friends with the kid (as best we could with the language barrier) and always bought things from his stand in the bazaar. On top of that I have friends who are Muslim here in this country. As much as I would love for  Azizula to have a chance to be a refugee if it meant that 1 person that came with him would do harm to anyone in this country I wouldn't allow it. Sure there are good Muslims, hell there are are good and bad people in any religion, but allowing people.to flood from somewhere that has a high number of terrorists and a joke of a vetting system regardless of religion is a horrible idea. Would you take an order of 100 motorcycles knowing that 1 had the potential to explode due to lack of quality control and safety checks, I sincerely hope not. I would order from somewhere that had excellent quality control and safety checks that do everything possible to prevent catastrophic failure. Just my 2 cents take it or leave it.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #49 - 05/12/17 at 13:09:40

pg wrote on 05/12/17 at 11:37:58:

Best regards,

You equate the US with other nations' standards.  The fact is - the US has a much more robust vetting procedure.

You have no faith in our vetting?  Do you think we're that careless?

IP Logged
Jarhead-CO

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Muncy, Pa
Reply #50 - 05/12/17 at 13:18:09

T And T Garage wrote on 05/12/17 at 13:09:40:
pg wrote on 05/12/17 at 11:37:58:

Best regards,

You equate the US with other nations' standards.  The fact is - the US has a much more robust vetting procedure.

Yes I agree it is much more robust for people who legally apply for citizenship, refugees are taken on their word during questioning not to mention it's not intense or robust as you so put it. So to answer your question yes it would be careless for the US to accept so many refugees from a part of the world saturated with terrorists and extremists.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #51 - 05/12/17 at 13:24:55

Jarhead-CO wrote on 05/12/17 at 12:28:43:
Wow I'm sorry I was going to stay out of this on the forum but that is just a cop out. I've fought and bled for this country, I've had a Muslim kid save my life by by screaming my name just before I kicked in a door that had an IED in it that would have killed me. I patrolled the city of Now Zad and became friends with the kid (as best we could with the language barrier) and always bought things from his stand in the bazaar. On top of that I have friends who are Muslim here in this country. As much as I would love for  Azizula to have a chance to be a refugee if it meant that 1 person that came with him would do harm to anyone in this country I wouldn't allow it. Sure there are good Muslims, hell there are are good and bad people in any religion, but allowing people.to flood from somewhere that has a high number of terrorists and a joke of a vetting system regardless of religion is a horrible idea. Would you take an order of 100 motorcycles knowing that 1 had the potential to explode due to lack of quality control and safety checks, I sincerely hope not. I would order from somewhere that had excellent quality control and safety checks that do everything possible to prevent catastrophic failure. Just my 2 cents take it or leave it.

First off - I assume that from your name, you're a Marine.  If so, thank you for your service!  My son is a Marine, my brother is a Marine, my best friend is a Marine and my Father-in-Law was a Marine (passed away).

However - I feel you are in error when you said - "but allowing people.to flood from somewhere that has a high number of terrorists and a joke of a vetting system regardless of religion"

How is our 18 to 24 month vetting process a joke?  We have the toughest guidelines out there.  There are no "open borders" and refugees aren't "pouring in" - that's a flat out lie that the likes of fox news propagate.

I'm surprised that a Marine (who sounds like he saw action in the ME) has no faith in our vetting process.  You are the reason we have freedom of religion, yet you specifically mention that as a problem.

I'm sorry you feel that way.  For the record, you may want to look at these links that show the relationship between refugees and crime:

https://www.cato.org/blog/immigration-crime-what-research-says

http://www.newamericaneconomy.org/research/is-there-a-link-between-refugees-a...

IP Logged
Jarhead-CO

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Muncy, Pa
Reply #52 - 05/12/17 at 14:01:19

T And T Garage wrote on 05/12/17 at 13:24:55:
Jarhead-CO wrote on 05/12/17 at 12:28:43:

First off - I assume that from your name, you're a Marine.  If so, thank you for your service!  My son is a Marine, my brother is a Marine, my best friend is a Marine and my Father-in-Law was a Marine (passed away).

However - I feel you are in error when you said - "but allowing people.to flood from somewhere that has a high number of terrorists and a joke of a vetting system regardless of religion"

How is our 18 to 24 month vetting process a joke?  We have the toughest guidelines out there.  There are no "open borders" and refugees aren't "pouring in" - that's a flat out lie that the likes of fox news propagate.

I'm surprised that a Marine (who sounds like he saw action in the ME) has no faith in our vetting process.  You are the reason we have freedom of religion, yet you specifically mention that as a problem.

I'm sorry you feel that way.  For the record, you may want to look at these links that show the relationship between refugees and crime:

https://www.cato.org/blog/immigration-crime-what-research-says

http://www.newamericaneconomy.org/research/is-there-a-link-between-refugees-a...

First of all Semper Fi to all of your family and friends that are Marines. I have no problem with freedom of religion (I personally don't believe in religion I think it's all a sham) but to each his own. What I have a problem with is extremists regardless of religion but unfortunately Muslim extremists are against the American way of life and are actively fighting against it, not necessarily in our country but around the world as well with anyone trying to live free and how they want. Again I know most refugees will be law abiding and productive members of our society and don't deny it. The problem with the vetting system is not every individual is vetted for that long, we just don't have the manpower to individually vet 10,000 refugees let alone 100,000 for that amount of time. A lot of that time is spent with there application if you will sitting in a pile waiting for the country of origin to provide any and all information on said individual. There in lies the problem, as a lot of the "paperwork" that can be brought up by our gov't about me and you is 1000 times better then what can be provided by their origin country if any is available. So at that point you would need people in those countries going door to door for character witnesses and personal interviews and hoping the people they would be asking are credible sources of information then going over all those notes looking for discrepancies. I hate to break it to you but we do not have the resources available in order to do that and certainly not enough man power in those other countries to do so properly. Sure we are leaps and bounds above other countries but being better than a pile of turds isn't saying much.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #53 - 05/12/17 at 14:02:53

The fact of the matter is we have little to no vetting procedure if millions of people have walked across our southern border.  Incidentally, I lived on the border for 4 years.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #54 - 05/12/17 at 14:32:15

pg wrote on 05/12/17 at 14:02:53:

The fact of the matter is we have little to no vetting procedure if millions of people have walked across our southern border.  Incidentally, I lived on the border for 4 years.  

Best regards,

Illegals are not refugees - lol, by their very nature, they are not vetted - duh....

Try to stay on topic.  This is about vetting refugees.  And the (true) fact of the matter is that we DO have stringent vetting for the US.  

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #55 - 05/12/17 at 14:41:08

Jarhead-CO wrote on 05/12/17 at 14:01:19:
First of all Semper Fi to all of your family and friends that are Marines. I have no problem with freedom of religion (I personally don't believe in religion I think it's all a sham) but to each his own. What I have a problem with is extremists regardless of religion but unfortunately Muslim extremists are against the American way of life and are actively fighting against it, not necessarily in our country but around the world as well with anyone trying to live free and how they want. Again I know most refugees will be law abiding and productive members of our society and don't deny it. The problem with the vetting system is not every individual is vetted for that long, we just don't have the manpower to individually vet 10,000 refugees let alone 100,000 for that amount of time. A lot of that time is spent with there application if you will sitting in a pile waiting for the country of origin to provide any and all information on said individual. There in lies the problem, as a lot of the "paperwork" that can be brought up by our gov't about me and you is 1000 times better then what can be provided by their origin country if any is available. So at that point you would need people in those countries going door to door for character witnesses and personal interviews and hoping the people they would be asking are credible sources of information then going over all those notes looking for discrepancies. I hate to break it to you but we do not have the resources available in order to do that and certainly not enough man power in those other countries to do so properly. Sure we are leaps and bounds above other countries but being better than a pile of turds isn't saying much.

Thanks - and I hope I can speak for my son and say OORAH!

You do have a valid point to some degree.

But I would add that if we were to suddenly stop allowing refugees, that could send the wrong message to those seeking refuge and give the extremists ammunition in their anti-American rhetoric.

There's no easy, one-size-fits-all solution.  But IMHO, I think if we shut them out, we might make things worse from a statesmanship standpoint.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #56 - 05/12/17 at 14:46:30

How do we Vet anyone? Ask them questions?
Check their birth certificates?
Their grades?
Who do we ask?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #57 - 05/12/17 at 14:54:10

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/12/17 at 14:46:30:
How do we Vet anyone? Ask them questions?
Check their birth certificates?
Their grades?
Who do we ask?

https://www.state.gov/j/prm/ra/admissions/

http://www.humanrightsfirst.org/resource/refugee-resettlement-security-screen...

IP Logged
Jarhead-CO

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Muncy, Pa
Reply #58 - 05/12/17 at 14:58:28

T And T Garage wrote on 05/12/17 at 14:41:08:
Jarhead-CO wrote on 05/12/17 at 14:01:19:

Thanks - and I hope I can speak for my son and say OORAH!

You do have a valid point to some degree.

But I would add that if we were to suddenly stop allowing refugees, that could send the wrong message to those seeking refuge and give the extremists ammunition in their anti-American rhetoric.

There's no easy, one-size-fits-all solution.  But IMHO, I think if we shut them out, we might make things worse from a statesmanship standpoint.

There lies our difference of opinion that I will not deny. I could care less what anti-American rhetoric is spread because that's what it is, just rhetoric. Sure I feel bad for people in those situations needing refuge but without trying to sound to heartless but, thems the breaks. They were born into an unfortunate situation but we can't help.them all. We have 10,000 homeless vets in this country I'd rather see them given homes, fed, and clothed. We've got enough hungry and poor in our own country that need help who were born into unfortunate situations. Fix our problems first then if we can help who we can. If you lose a leg and your buddy loses a leg you would tourniquet your leg before going to help him, and that's the way it should work. I agree there is no one size fits all solution but let's make sure our country gets the proper size first.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #59 - 05/12/17 at 15:29:31

We have 10,000 homeless vets in this country I'd rather see them given homes, fed, and clothed. We've got enough hungry and poor in our own country that need help who were born into unfortunate situations. Fix our problems first then if we can help who we can. If you lose a leg and your buddy loses a leg you would tourniquet your leg before going to help him, and that's the way it should work. I agree there is no one size fits all solution but let's make sure our country gets the proper size first.

Yep, the guy down the road who can't properly feed and clothe his family probably shouldn't be adopting.
But, common sense doesn't counter the beliefs of some.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 08:20:59

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Peace o mind........

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.