Peace o mind........ (Read 409 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Peace o mind........
Reply #15 - 05/09/17 at 14:13:54

Serowbot wrote on 05/09/17 at 12:56:39:
There are rational fears and irrational fears...

The odds of being victim of a terrorist attack are longer than the odds of being struck by lightening during a bank robbery...
Tongue

Okay fine, then explain why you are basically demanding an increase in the number of bank robberies at banks opened only during thunderstorms where we hand cooper rods out to customers in the parking lot ......  because that's what you're doing. You are taking a known risk and purposely increasing it's probability for no reason other than to make you feel better about yourself.

Because on one hand, you're right. You or I will probably never be directly impacted by a terror attack. So what do you care? A dozen kids at Ohio State  were run into by a car and then a guy jumped out slashing them with a knife, but it wasn't you or anyone you knew? A guy runs down customers in a Minnesota mall with a knife, but again, you weren't there. So, go ahead and let these people into our country...... because why, his country is a $hithole?

Okay, so it's a $hithole, but why ruin ours? Why don't we go over there and clean that $hithole up?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #16 - 05/09/17 at 14:17:43

Web, just ask Bot why they push fear and guns, etc.
They use fear when they can, that is my whole point.
Sure, no guns, no crime, no worries......
Spoon fed bullchit, yum  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 05/09/17 at 19:14:35

The ODDS of being assaulted, raped or murdered in Germany and other countries USED TO BE A LOT LOWER. Let's do what THEY did!
The fact that the argument is one side arguing for sanity while the lefties argue for death and destruction is telling. Lefties are not okay..liberalism is a mental illness. It's been said, but I didn't agree.. until recently.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #18 - 05/10/17 at 07:29:39

The point is,.. and the difference  (guns) is,...  by fearing terrorists, you are playing into their hands...  That is the intention.
You fear.. they win...  
All the security, altering our immigration policies, strip searches at airports,... ... all wins for them...
They have power over you.

.. and they will continue,.. because it works...

You're buying your kid candy to shut him up...
He's just going to keep throwing tantrums, for the reward.

There are sensible measures that we need to take... but we shouldn't let it alter our values and principals.
Religious based discrimination is unconstitutional.
We don't do that.
Remember the Constitution?...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #19 - 05/10/17 at 08:16:34

Serowbot wrote on 05/10/17 at 07:29:39:
The point is,.. and the difference  (guns) is,...  by fearing terrorists, you are playing into their hands...  That is the intention.
You fear.. they win...  
All the security, altering our immigration policies, strip searches at airports,... ... all wins for them...
They have power over you.

.. and they will continue,.. because it works...

You're buying your kid candy to shut him up...
He's just going to keep throwing tantrums, for the reward.

There are sensible measures that we need to take... but we shouldn't let it alter our values and principals.
We don't do that.

I agree with that, but my references was to using fear, as motivation, or a driver, to get what you want.
The political arena is ripe with deploying it as a tool.
I have to surrender my guns so others will feel safe, uh, remember the constitution  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #20 - 05/10/17 at 08:39:05

I'm not held hostage by terrorism.
My government has decided that I would be.

Hmmmboyyy, that legislation and those bodyscanners were just waiting to be rolled out.
Am I alone?
Doesn't anyone know how the Netherlands dealt with the mass shooting? Yeah, one BAD one.
Gosh, lets solve every problem by reducing rights and freedoms, because it's for our own good. Because being alive means we should always be safe. Let's import rapacious murderous psychopaths to randomly do what they do, but pretend we are smart because we've given ourselves over to be groped and or irradiated in order to gain access to the services of a company that hauls people. It's frikking Insane.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #21 - 05/10/17 at 09:32:41

The point is,.. and the difference  (guns) is,...  by fearing terrorists, you are playing into their hands...  That is the intention.  You fear.. they win...  All the security, altering our immigration policies, strip searches at airports,... ... all wins for them... They have power over you. .. and they will continue,.. because it works... You're buying your kid candy to shut him up... He's just going to keep throwing tantrums, for the reward. There are sensible measures that we need to take... but we shouldn't let it alter our values and principals. Religious based discrimination is unconstitutional. We don't do that. Remember the Constitution?...

SO, ‘Rational’ fear, is of fire, so you have a smoke alarm, and fire extinguisher. Or Drive a  MC  in condition Yellow, or have a solid footing on a ladder, etc, etc, etc.
Yet a,  ‘Un-Rational’, Fear, is having a way to protect yourself, from someone who’s goal, it to  KILL  YOU !

“ … but we shouldn’t let it alter our values and principals.  Religious based discrimination is unconstitutional.  We don’t do that.  Remember the Constitution?…”

Sounds like, ‘Propaganda’,  Because a little fact, the, “Constitution”, does,  NOT,  protect, a  NON   Citizen, or a  IL-LEAGAL Alien.
Especially one who  Lies/Sneaks into the Country, with the Sole  Purpose to,  KILL   YOU  !!!!!!!

(What do, 'Other  Civilized Nations',  do, to someone who, 'sneaks', into their Country ?????)

LOLOLOLOL,  We are, 'suppose', to have,  "Socialized  Heath Care",  
BECAUSE, "Other  Civilized Nations",  DO ????
Yet, when other, "Other  Civilized Nations" say:
"Get out unless you are a  Citizen",
it is,  WRONG ??????

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #22 - 05/10/17 at 12:14:20

OLOLOL,  We are, 'suppose', to have,  "Socialized  Heath Care",  
BECAUSE, "Other  Civilized Nations",  DO ????
Yet, when other, "Other  Civilized Nations" say:
"Get out unless you are a  Citizen",
it is,  WRONG ???

Ouch...

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #23 - 05/10/17 at 15:12:49

We don't do that.

Unless it is directed towards Christians.....

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 05/10/17 at 15:33:01

pg wrote on 05/10/17 at 15:12:49:
We don't do that.

Best regards,

Yeah, the poor Christians have had it SOOOOO rough, huh?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #25 - 05/10/17 at 17:12:28

The only religious group being minimized by the rest of society.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #26 - 05/10/17 at 18:15:07

T And T Garage wrote on 05/10/17 at 15:33:01:
pg wrote on 05/10/17 at 15:12:49:
We don't do that.

Best regards,

Yeah, the poor Christians have had it SOOOOO rough, huh?

You might want to do some research before you expose your bias and intolerance, we would really hate to label you with a deserving name....

https://www.quora.com/Which-religion-is-most-persecuted

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 05/10/17 at 19:15:15

but we shouldn't let it alter our values and principals

Tell me exactly what values and principals we are altering by refusing to admit a known hazard into our communities?

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #28 - 05/10/17 at 20:21:47

To refuse admission to  this country simply because someone is a Muslim is 1)unconstitutional and 2)stupid.  How many of our present scientists and medical people Muslim, quite a few I'd guess.  How many people died in 9/11, just under 3 thousand I believe.  How many other attacks by Muslims in this country, 6-8 maybe.  How many people killed by drunk distracted drivers or accidents 30K a year.  How many killed by the police- another 30K I think someone posted not long ago.  

So, 3200 maybe total killed in the US by Muslim terrorists.  Around 600,00 in the same time span by cars and police.  Wow, it may well happen but in truth, I worry more about cars and police, and I am not even black.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #29 - 05/10/17 at 20:33:48

You Do understand that OUR Constitution is not FOR the rest of the world.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 06:29:45

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Peace o mind........

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.