Peace o mind........ (Read 409 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Peace o mind........
05/09/17 at 08:56:07

I get the idea about thinking to restrict travel is vetting terrorist.
I get that sanctuary cities protect law breakers....
However, what are we really willing to do about it without trampling our own freedom?
Let's face the facts, the old white couple with 2 and a 1/2 kid, dog, cat, and picket fence is no long applicable to the face of America.
Is anybody who  does NOT fit the previous mentioned discription now suspect and fair game?

I remember listening to talk after 911.....
I distinctly remember that I thought the terrorist had scored a major victory far beyond the broken bodies, shattered glass, and twisted steel.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Peace o mind........
Reply #1 - 05/09/17 at 09:28:02

Before I went to china, I needed a visa.
Not so with spain or UK.

So why can't we demand visa's from the 7?

Many cities have decided to be sanctuaries to illegal aliens.
To the point where a convicted criminal (who's an alien) is let go, they do so w/out informing ICE to pick him up.  So instead, they pick up every available IE who's available, even if they walk into their arms for a visa.

WWW   IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 05/09/17 at 09:35:38

raydawg wrote on 05/09/17 at 08:56:07:
I get the idea about thinking to restrict travel is vetting terrorist.
I get that sanctuary cities protect law breakers....
However, what are we really willing to do about it without trampling our own freedom?
Let's face the facts, the old white couple with 2 and a 1/2 kid, dog, cat, and picket fence is no long applicable to the face of America.
Is anybody who  does NOT fit the previous mentioned discription now suspect and fair game?

I remember listening to talk after 911.....
I distinctly remember that I thought the terrorist had scored a major victory far beyond the broken bodies, shattered glass, and twisted steel.

In a way - the terrorists have won the battle (but not the war).  The country has been living with an irrational fear since 9/11.  The MSM - and that includes fox - have been playing on that 24/7.  Fear sells ads.  Fear speaks to everyone.

There's an episode of Family Guy where Lois runs for mayor and she wins just by saying "9/11" over and over.  It's funny, but sadly very true.

We've been living in fear of terrorists now for 16 years.  16 YEARS!!  Enough is enough already!

How many coordinated terror attacks in the U.S. since 2001?  ZERO.   Now you can say that they were inspired by isis or whomever.  But there have been none perpetrated to the likes of 9/11 in that time.  Not a coordinated effort.  (I'm sure that will be a point of contention no doubt).

But as time goes by and the general population learns more about what is actually happening and how the terrorists are not winning the war, we'll be in a better place.  That's not to say that we let our guard down, but we can't continue to live in fear 24/7.

"Let's face the facts, the old white couple with 2 and a 1/2 kid, dog, cat, and picket fence is no long applicable to the face of America."

Good!  By our very nature, we shouldn't be.  America was established as a melting pot.  Not white, not black, not brown, etc., but everyone.  You can still have the "white couple with 2 and 1/2 kids...", but their neighbor probably won't fit that.  What a concept!  

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 05/09/17 at 09:48:22

T And T Garage wrote on 05/09/17 at 09:35:38:
We've been living in fear of terrorists now for 16 years.  16 YEARS!!  Enough is enough already!

How many coordinated terror attacks in the U.S. since 2001?  ZERO.   Now you can say that they were inspired by isis or whomever.

An interesting thing to consider here is, how many wannabe terrorists would be inspired by ISIS if we didn't have this exaggerated fear?...
The fear we display gives them their power...
After all,.. the point of terrorism is not create casualties.. it is to make us afraid... Casualties are the method not the goal...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 05/09/17 at 10:24:27

verslagen1 wrote on 05/09/17 at 09:28:02:
Before I went to china, I needed a visa.
Not so with spain or UK.

So why can't we demand visa's from the 7?

Because we are cursed with liberals.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 05/09/17 at 10:29:05

Serowbot wrote on 05/09/17 at 09:48:22:
T And T Garage wrote on 05/09/17 at 09:35:38:

How many coordinated terror attacks in the U.S. since 2001?  ZERO.   Now you can say that they were inspired by isis or whomever.

An interesting thing to consider here is, how many wannabe terrorists would be inspired by ISIS if we didn't have this exaggerated fear?...
The fear we display gives them their power...
After all,.. the point of terrorism is not create casualties.. it is to make us afraid... Casualties are the method not the goal...

I agree with that.....
A real 30 seconds of fame mentality, with consequences.
I think we need to glance at a bigger picture, one that exsisted before 911.
This sheep, or lemming mentality, has been captilized upon by marketing institutions.
They have infiltrated society at all levels, race, and class.
From religious organizations, academia, social and political dogma, where you either follow, or suffer the consequences.
Once this manipulation is manifested, it is a easily accessed avenue to propagandize and utilize, for practically any cause or reason.

Again, how can free speech, be free?
Is anything free, or is there a cost to just about everything?
Can I hold myself, willingly, to the same conditions I hold for others?
Or do I extend myself the hidden agenda of the end justifies the means, to circumvent open and honest exchange?

It seems a BIG lie has sprouted, with many roots and branches, and we only look at how others have been played....
Well it seems these terrorist have found the fertilizer, and have applied it rather well....

I have spent years, much sweat and muscle, trying to rid my property of wild blackberries.
All sorts of remedies exsist.
Results very.
The only true one is primitive in nature....
You must pull and eradicate the root, and all of its shoots..
I am afraid that means, you and I gang.
We have been tainted and compromised by all the lies we've been told, and those that we told, by passing them on, for we know in our heart, it's wrong, but others are MORE, wrong.

America is arrogant in this manner, it is the language of commerce...
We extend that to mean "the truth".
We are a diseased tree, who's fruit carries this characteristic to any who consumes it, I'm afraid.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 05/09/17 at 10:30:14

WWW   IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 05/09/17 at 10:46:08

verslagen1 wrote on 05/09/17 at 10:30:14:

COORDINATED TERROR ATTACKS - None of those were to the coordination of 9/11.  They're not much more than wannabes.

Nice try - see, I told ya there'd be contention.

But yeah - continue to propagate fear...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 05/09/17 at 11:13:31

Whether the scumbag Islamic terrorist followed orders he took from a phone call instructing him to attack or not, the people they killed are just as dead.

This prerequisite of coordination with a far off terrorist commander in a  sand bagged bunker somewhere is just another example of your belief (at best naiveté, at worse traitorous) that these attacks are no big deal; a manufactured crisis by bigoted, racist, white Americans bitterly clinging to their guns and religion.

Any insult, real or perceived, against anyone other than a white American male, is the fault of conservative talk radio, Republicans, and now Donald Trump.

Yet a man can shoot or stab people after yelling Allah Akbar and your response is this is 'isolated', a lone wolf not connected in any manner with the 'troubles' overseas.

And now, it's all our fault apparently.  If we'd just be nicer, those poor souls wouldn't be forced into blowing us to pieces or their new favorite, running people over with trucks. If we'd open our arms to them and show them we're 'not afraid', they'd plant f'ing flowers in our front yards.

Holy $hit I'm glad this generation of snowflakes weren't alive in WWII.....  

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 05/09/17 at 11:27:07

WebsterMark wrote on 05/09/17 at 11:13:31:
Whether the scumbag Islamic terrorist followed orders he took from a phone call instructing him to attack or not, the people they killed are just as dead.

Trouble is, that never happened.  Yes, they are just as dead, but these aren't much more than wannabes with mental conditions.

This prerequisite of coordination with a far off terrorist commander in a  sand bagged bunker somewhere is just another example of your belief (at best naiveté, at worse traitorous) that these attacks are no big deal; a manufactured crisis by bigoted, racist, white Americans bitterly clinging to their guns and religion.

No, that's not at all what I'm saying.  I'm saying that the MSM pedals fear because it sells.  Yes, there are terrorists out there.  Yes, they hate us.  But if you listen to some of the pundits, the terrorists are right outside your door, and as soon as you go out, you're dead. "They're coming here by the boatful!"

Any insult, real or perceived, against anyone other than a white American male, is the fault of conservative talk radio, Republicans, and now Donald Trump.

Again, not at all.  I hate the way al sharpton conducts himself.  I hate the way ted nugent conducts himself.  I'm not a big fan of jesse hi-jackson either.  GASP!

Yet a man can shoot or stab people after yelling Allah Akbar and your response is this is 'isolated', a lone wolf not connected in any manner with the 'troubles' overseas.

Well, why did dylan roof kill all those people in a church?  Surely he doesn't represent all racists, right?

And now, it's all our fault apparently.  If we'd just be nicer, those poor souls wouldn't be forced into blowing us to pieces or their new favorite, running people over with trucks. If we'd open our arms to them and show them we're 'not afraid', they'd plant f'ing flowers in our front yards.

LMAO - how old are you????  Who said it was all our fault?  All we have to do is NOT live in fear all the time and accept change.  Go make friends with a Muslim, or anyone outside your bubble.

Holy $hit I'm glad this generation of snowflakes weren't alive in WWII.....  

Yeah, WWII - the good old days of locking up Asians, "black only" drinking fountains, and 70% tax on the highest incomes, right?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 05/09/17 at 11:28:08

WW2......
Internment camps, good times  Wink
You can compare the two, not really apples to apples, and that is what the gist of my rant is about.

Look Web, I bet you can readily see this same mind-think is acceptable behavior by the leftist, when attacking Trump.
Is all supposition and guess, but driven with fear as the outcome....
To organize and solidify the troops, to do the bidding of the party warlords.
Very little of it has to do with finding solutions, no, only extending and assuring the kings wealth and power....

The left will scream and deny.
The right will scream and deny.
Both deflect and say the other is evil.
The wheels on the bus go round and round.

Fear, dealt from the bottom of the deck in a dark room, don't leave home without it  Grin

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 05/09/17 at 11:41:50

Dawg; you act like fear is a bad thing? Isn't it a warning; a feature of survival?  I'll give you a few streets to walk down in St. Louis late at night and you let me know if fear guides you back into your car and out of there or you could ignore it and keep on walking......for a while.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #12 - 05/09/17 at 12:47:03

WebsterMark wrote on 05/09/17 at 11:41:50:
Dawg; you act like fear is a bad thing? Isn't it a warning; a feature of survival?  I'll give you a few streets to walk down in St. Louis late at night and you let me know if fear guides you back into your car and out of there or you could ignore it and keep on walking......for a while.

No, fear driven out of fear is not rational thought.
Fear in understanding the possible consequences is rational forethought.
Context being paramount to distinguish between them.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #13 - 05/09/17 at 12:56:39

There are rational fears and irrational fears...

The odds of being victim of a terrorist attack are longer than the odds of being struck by lightening during a bank robbery...
Tongue

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #14 - 05/09/17 at 13:13:13

Serowbot wrote on 05/09/17 at 12:56:39:
There are rational fears and irrational fears...

The odds of being victim of a terrorist attack are longer than the odds of being struck by lightening during a bank robbery...
Tongue

Since there are a lot of lightening storms, and a lot of bank robberies the odds are pretty low.  Or did you mean struck by lightening while witnessing a bank robbery?  That might be quite high if you excluded FL.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 02:26:18

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Peace o mind........

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.