Send Topic Print
Good morning! (Read 159 times)
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Re: Good morning!
Reply #15 - 05/05/17 at 10:12:47

Heh. Tall Table is where some folks talk politics and religion.  Odd for a motorcycle forum but it keeps that stuff contained at least.
I'm 52 and live in Denver so I ride up in the mountains occasionally.  The Savage is great for that type of riding.  You're getting excellent mileage!  I average in the low 50's.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
NHLS650
YaBB Newbies

Ridin' in the 603.

Northern New Hampshire
Reply #16 - 05/05/17 at 13:04:50

I just called the local Harley dealer.
They have 2 Dyna mufflers up for grabs.:
A chrome
And a black.   Either one is $50.00.
Gonna stop by next week and grab one of them.
Which color fellas?
I'm thinking chrome, but black.... Hmmmmmm....

God Bless America.
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #17 - 05/05/17 at 13:46:08

If you're going to leave the header pipe chrome, my vote would be for a chrome muffler.The Dyna has a really good quality chrome finish BTW  Smiley

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
NHLS650
YaBB Newbies

Ridin' in the 603.

Northern New Hampshire
Reply #18 - 05/05/17 at 13:56:51

I'm thinkin' chrome too. Cool

God Bless America.
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #19 - 05/05/17 at 14:49:19

You'll probably want to read up on the Dyna install in the tech section, if you haven't already. It's not a direct fit, but it's close. There are a couple of methods. I went with the simplest which is to make up a crush gasket from a strip of ribbed tin can. I'm new to bikes and It took me a couple of goes, but I'm stoked with the results - no silicon, cement or adapters.

I live at sea level, so I also re-jetted the carb. I'm running the stock air filter too.

BTW, make sure you get a Dyna with the correct mounting points. There are different models. There are a number of threads on here about it.

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #20 - 05/05/17 at 17:09:24

There are some videos with sound of the loose tensioner noise, but since you are a trained mechanic, there are posts on how to pull the cover to inspect. If you go to that trouble, you may wish to order the Versy one while the cover is off, or dear I say it, if you have competent welding skills you could make your own.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
NHLS650
YaBB Newbies

Ridin' in the 603.

Northern New Hampshire
Reply #21 - 05/23/17 at 03:56:14

Dave wrote on 05/05/17 at 05:02:51:

Well as I had said earlier, I had ordered the Yamaha petcock, and it's been sitting on my workbench since.....until this week.
I left for work on Saturday morning, and about 4 miles from my house, the bike dies!
Thinking that I might be low on fuel, I switch to reserve, and make it to the filling station.  Only takes 1,2 gallons.....Hmmmm Undecided
Switch back to the primary tank, and continue to work, no issues there or home.

Sunday morning, I warm it up on choke, and head out.  Got to the top of my hill and she dies again.  Put the choke back on, start her, go another 3 miles, dead again.....in fact, it'll only run in the reserve position.  Ride back home gently, and Take the Tacoma to work instead.

Well I drained the tank and did the petcock last night.  In fact, I took the entire tank off, and did the rattling speedo fix as well.
The only way that I could ANY gas out of the rank was in the reserve position.

A coat of wax on the hidden frame areas, as well as the underside of the tank for good measure.
Reinstalled it all, with the new petcock, and she started right away!  runs fine for 10 minutes in the garage!  And, no more buzzing from the speedo and cable rattling!  It gasket/insulator that sits at the bottom of the speedo housing, between the tank was also all folded under the plastic housing Sad

It's supposed to be 75* here today, so I'm riding in.  While it's quite cloudy and 48* now, I'm goin!!!!

Thanks to all that assisted with my questions!

God Bless America.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 04:25:36

General CategoryThe Cafe › Good morning!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.