Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Admit Obama did what he said he would not. (Read 144 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Admit Obama did what he said he would not.
Reply #15 - 05/04/17 at 18:32:01

Trump won the election based upon the support of those 50k a year people against an opponent who not only had the support and protection of the MSM but millions spent on her behalf because of CU. It didn't matter, she lost.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 05/05/17 at 08:09:20

WebsterMark wrote on 05/04/17 at 18:32:01:
Trump won the election based upon the support of those 50k a year people against an opponent who not only had the support and protection of the MSM but millions spent on her behalf because of CU. It didn't matter, she lost.  

You sure about that?  Look at tweety's donors:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/donald-trump-donors-rewards-232974

Don't get me wrong - hillary is no better at all when it comes to campaign finance.  But to say that tweety got the support of those voters is not only a disservice - it's wrong.  Remember, tweety won the electoral college vote - not the popular one.  That means that hillary actually had more supporters vote for her.  Sorry, that's a fact.  

Like I said - yes, she took (and spent) more money than tweety - but don't delude yourself into thinking that "everyone" supported him.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 05/05/17 at 08:34:41

You're absolutely correct. The societal suicide squad didn't support trump. Sadly, the Hillary supporters are getting what they wanted.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 05/05/17 at 08:44:53

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/05/17 at 08:34:41:
You're absolutely correct. The societal suicide squad didn't support trump. Sadly, the Hillary supporters are getting what they wanted.

Once again, I have to disagree.  IMHO, I think the Bernie supporters are getting exactly what (we) want.  A blazing hot spotlight on the failure of the republican establishment party of today AND the failure of the democratic establishment party of today.

The hillary supporters are still awash in their despair of losing to the likes of tweety - and all the while thinking it's somehow his doing.  The tweety supporters are standing in front of the house on fire saying "nothing to see here - all is well".  Both are in for a rude awakening.

It is a failed system when you can legally bribe your (so called) representatives.  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #19 - 05/05/17 at 09:40:19

he tweety supporters are standing in front of the house on fire saying "nothing to see here - all is well".  Both are in

Not me.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #20 - 05/05/17 at 16:17:52

Tho popular vote is old argument, and frankly moot, as it is supported by no means to change the outcome.
This election, as all, are decided by law and established practices....

Let's say golly, she won in reality because she won one matrix of the equation.
Well Trump won more states.
He brought in more republican governors and elected officials up and down the ticket, in other words, he won more power, Hillary's party lost power, so more folks must have wanted Trump/republicans, by counting all the matrixs, not just one.

Give it a rest, keep playing a loosing hand won't all of sudden win, because somehow it has relevance....
Please, rise above the ilowest common denominator, you are much wiser than that.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #21 - 05/05/17 at 19:00:15

Quote:
the failure of the republican establishment party of today AND the failure of the democratic establishment party of today.

What failure ? Those folks are all still running the show and getting rich(er) and kicking the people who put them there and who they rob blind to pay for their bullsh*t, right in the teeth.It doesn't matter a dam* to them which gang has the upper hand for the time being. They have the country exactly where they want it. Divided right down the middle with neither side having enough clout to change anything important. From their perspective what's going on is a howling success.

Is Hillary any worse off 'cause she's NOT the president? Would Trump be? It's not like the loser gets stripped naked and tossed in the Potomac River with a cinder block tied around his(or her) neck. Just pout for a little while and then go make speeches for a half a mil a crack for the rest of your life. Or get a multimillion dollar advance to write a book that nobody's gonna buy or read.

Claire Wolfe wrote:

“America is at that awkward stage; it's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.”

Wrote that that a number of years ago. Things haven't gotten better since.

Maybe the next election will fix things up. Just gotta 'lect the right candidate. Yeah, right.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #22 - 05/05/17 at 19:49:33

You need to change your name from old and slow to cynical old bass turd  Grin

I'm almost as old as dirt too, but haven't succumbed to forgetting hope sprngs eternal....

I jest with you my friend but isn't defeatism self appointed?
Have you not tied your own noose, yet complain they provided the rope?

Until I take my last breath here on earth, I won't stop believing we are only as strong as whate we believe.
I will not surrender to that which I know sustains me, nor be threatened by those who challenge it.
For the truth will always be, till the end of time, and man can never change it, for it is like trying to hold air in your grasp....

« Last Edit: 05/05/17 at 21:09:36 by raydawg »  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #23 - 05/05/17 at 20:31:26

“America is at that awkward stage; it's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.”

Drying the tears,,

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #24 - 05/06/17 at 06:03:08

Quote:
You need to change your name from old and slow to cynical old bass turd  Grin

I'm almost as old as dirt too, but haven't succumbed to forgetting hope sprngs eternal....

Smiley Yeah, I get that a lot.

Thing is, I don't think there is anything cynical or defeatist in simply describing the situation as it exists. I don't believe that my assessment is wrong.

Surprisingly, pessimists of my ilk are generally very happy people. I am. I expect very little from our government weasels, and I am rarely disappointed.

Ignore them, as much as you possibly can. And try, as much as possible, to be prepared for the worst case scenario. The system is irretrievably broken. Arrange your own affairs with that premise in mind and you are much less likely to be blindsided by what happens in DC.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #25 - 05/06/17 at 06:30:58

The system is irretrievably broken.

I don't understand why people who Don't see, Don't know, Don't understand, pretend that the people who do see are just angry, bitter, negative people. I don't see how scolding someone for seeing and evaluating the condition of America is reasonable. If you've been bit by a rattlesnake do you
A: Scoff at it, and hit the bar
B: Admit you need Emergency Medical attention?
If you don't see how precarious the situation is, WTH is wrong with You?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #26 - 05/06/17 at 06:45:03

Your receipe is spot on oldslow.....
Addiction is the root cause to our ills.
Addiction to power, fame, validation, laziness, gratification, wanting without out earning, easier, etc.

I will simply say we redefined the moral compass under faux compassion and tolerance, which morphed into those addictions.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 05/08/17 at 11:40:24

This thread has gotten way off track - as all of them seem to.  So I'll pile on...

To all those that think nothing is going to change - that's YOUR problem/perspective, not the country's.  No one on this post can say that the world we live in today is anything remotely like we had just a decade ago.  When you look at the sheer volume of information at everyone's fingertips 24/7 - the world of today is far more in touch.  At the very least - it's CAPABLE to be more in touch.

No - one election is not going to change everything - no one said it would.  But, with a majority of the country being more informed on any/every issue they want, we are slowly becoming more enlightened as a nation.

When you have guys like charles krauthammer saying we'll have single payer within 7 years - we're on the right track.

This is indeed new ground.  Things are beginning to change.  They will change.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 16:35:44

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Admit Obama did what he said he would not.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.