Exhaust Bypass Valve (Read 291 times)
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Exhaust Bypass Valve
Reply #15 - 04/27/17 at 10:24:49

Dave ,no it's not your friend if your not running a good muffler,my point exactly ! noise = bad performance most of the time,and makes it hard to jet the carb.but reversion can be your friend and enhance VE (volumetric efficiency) as I said above. We have mid range sag not because of the exhaust but do to the factory jetting in our stock carbs ,which is why the white spacer mod to lift the jet needle is so effective . Higher VE allows a better fuel charge into the cylinder which gives better hp/torque.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Chaz
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 04/28/17 at 09:13:39

I didn't expect this to get so much attention. I would eventually like to do it, but I think I'm gonna go with two custom baffled pipes, one louder than the other. The electronic servo box is a little big so I might just have it manually operated because I don't think I could manage to hide that on this bike. If I end up blowing up my bike, then so be it, I'll ride my other bike while I fix the savage up again. I appreciate all the responses though!

I'm a young biker trying to learn with little to no automotive experience.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 04/28/17 at 09:37:22

I've used the supertrap and appreciate it's ability to adjust the backpressure to affect the a/f mixture in finer detail than you can do with jets alone.

But if I were to mess with it further, I would put in the minimum disks and spring load the end cap for the best of both worlds... quiet at low throttle settings and wide open when I'm wide open.   Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #18 - 04/28/17 at 10:14:20

Add a Intelajet so you can adjust it on the fly. Mounted mine on the bars on left side.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 04/28/17 at 12:50:40

Given a choice, I'll take getting reversioned over reaccomodated.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #20 - 04/28/17 at 14:01:39

or go crazy and put a supercharger on it ,to accommodate any speed. How deep is your pocket?how often do you want to rebuild your motor? how often do you want to change your oil?how loose is the nut between the handlebars and the seat?I don't do anything to my bike that will jeopardize what I feel is the under lying reasons I love this bike and that's it's reliability and simplicity .

« Last Edit: 04/30/17 at 15:04:09 by batman »  

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:32:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Exhaust Bypass Valve

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.