Send Topic Print
Exhausts (Read 638 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Exhausts
Reply #30 - 04/28/17 at 07:24:12

Stock is strangling the already limited power of the engine. It NEEDS a less restrictive exhaust and jets, if it's a later model. The exhaust will be louder than stock as we tune for a balance between bottom end grunt, top end speed, and a sound that is not unpleasant. Some people seem to be willing to compromise performance in pursuit of Loud,, I fart at them.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #31 - 04/28/17 at 07:45:08

philthymike wrote on 04/28/17 at 07:13:10:
Loud exhausts are for narcissistic riders who only ride because they want to get people's attention. Ever notice how the people with the loudest exhausts are constantly revving their engines?
Look at me, look at me...
 Wink

I've seen several of these guys splitting lanes with the rest of us.
They have to go super slow and stop at every other car cause if they aren't giving him extra room, he ain't getting by.   And they let it roar when they don't.  It's funny when they do it in ear shot of a motor chippy.  He'll pull up next to him, force him into line with the cars and rail on him.  He'll stay there for awhile while the line of bike will follow the chippy on.

WWW   IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #32 - 04/28/17 at 12:11:53

I guess that's one way of doing it.

Personally I like the backfires and machine gun pops from my leaky exhaust. Just let it bog down at the bottom of a gear and let go of the gas. great for pesky peds crossing against the light  Grin
The little kids in the neighborhood love it too.
Makes up for the pathetic meep meep of the horn.

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #33 - 04/28/17 at 12:30:50

philthymike wrote on 04/28/17 at 12:11:53:

Personally I like the backfires and machine gun pops from my leaky exhaust.

If that's your style.....just turn off the kill switch on the right handlebar for a second or two while you are decelerating with the throttle closed .....then turn it back on!
(I am not responsible if you purge the contents of your muffler).

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #34 - 04/28/17 at 14:48:16

I do that next to peo, err,idiots who have the music set loud enough for everybody.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Jarhead-CO

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Muncy, Pa
Reply #35 - 04/28/17 at 16:32:03

I drilled 4 3/8 inch holes in the back plate of the stock exhaust and it adds a tiny bit of noise and gives it a slight rumble I could do with a little more noise but I don't want to butcher the back of the exhaust.

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #36 - 04/29/17 at 06:03:37

Dave wrote on 04/28/17 at 12:30:50:
philthymike wrote on 04/28/17 at 12:11:53:

Personally I like the backfires and machine gun pops from my leaky exhaust.

If that's your style.....just turn off the kill switch on the right handlebar for a second or two while you are decelerating with the throttle closed .....then turn it back on!
(I am not responsible if you purge the contents of your muffler).

I''ll keep my muffler guts where they are thanks. I don't want the bike louder but I do like my "ghetto horn"

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #37 - 04/29/17 at 20:17:28

The late model Dyna I recently installed has it's own built in heat shield and I'd recommend hunting down one of those because it is so subtle that you have to look hard to notice it. You can see that the muffler clamp is sliding underneath the heat shield and on the other end you can see the edge of it if you look carefully.

In my opinion not only does the dyna look very sweet, especially from the rear as it narrows to a very small profile and almost disappears, but the sound is excellent and thumpy and I would say any louder and it would cross the line into anti social annoyance, which I'm very sensitive too due to having obnoxiously loud Harley's drive through my street constantly, it's so loud that I can feel my sternum vibrating.

reverse view of heat shield in this thread... http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1481691452

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #38 - 04/29/17 at 20:36:28

Sauvage,

Please post the Harley numbers on the back side of the muffler so if anyone on the forum wants to purchase one they can easily find it.

Kenny G

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #39 - 04/29/17 at 23:08:20

Kenny G wrote on 04/29/17 at 20:36:28:
Sauvage,

Please post the Harley numbers on the back side of the muffler so if anyone on the forum wants to purchase one they can easily find it.

Kenny G

I'm pretty sure I have the same muffler and heat shield as eu de sauvage. I had my spare handy so, I took a photo of the stamp for ya  Smiley

HARLEY-DAVIDSON MOTOR COMPANY
A11-003
AUSTRALIA
e4

Dyna_Muffler_Part_Number_2.jpg

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #40 - 04/29/17 at 23:24:10

Yeah that looks right, my one is labeled 64900108 but that's probably because the two mufflers are slightly different inside due to the different requirements of the back and front cylinder. The pair I bought had different sized holes where the exhaust exits. I went for the one with the larger hole.

They are also meant to be used with an emission control system.

PS, the muffler shop who installed it and made the joining piece had the clamp initially over the heatshield and it leaked a bit so they had to refit it under. What do they say, 'never enough time to do it right but always enough time to do it over.'

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #41 - 04/30/17 at 00:14:21

I just had a look under the bike (I installed the one with the larger opening also).

A11-002

Same as yours

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
marekbuk

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

West Yorkshire, UK
Reply #42 - 07/24/17 at 04:57:31

Just a quick question - does your Dyna have a catalitic element inside?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 09:31:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Exhausts

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.