Send Topic Print
My bike and changes. (Read 365 times)
TobbeSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

My bike and changes.
04/20/17 at 11:37:57

I have a 1995 Savage that har gone a little over 3000 km. The original carburator was destroyed bcs of the previous owner so I ordered a Mikuni 36-4 carburator from Ebay and I found a new cheap intake ordered from a snowmobile chop and the intake is from a 3 cyl Polaris snowmobile. I have original exhaust system so at last I found the correct main jet #160. I have a better steering on my motorcycle plus I have removed the airfilter and moved the battery backwards. I only have some work with the sizzybar and change to chaindrive. I love my motorcycle and it takes less gasoline and is very quick to accellerate. I wait for the summer here in Southern Sweden sp I can use the Savage a lot. Thanks för the info on this forum. Smiley
« Last Edit: 04/21/17 at 03:26:22 by Dave »  

MyBike.jpg
  IP Logged
TobbeSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: My bike and changes.
Reply #1 - 05/04/17 at 08:14:21

Now the chain has come to place and everything has gone fast and well. I made a spacer with the dimension outside45mm x inside25mm x width:6.25mm, and it was exactly what the chain needed. The front sprocket is a SNELL SNF513-17T1= 8,75 mm width. So the spacer and the sprocket made the distance of 15 mm, the same as the frontwheel have on the driveaxle. The backsprocket was easy to find and if anyone look at the JT_Sprockets_Application_Guide_2016 then there is written on what motorcycle the JTR816 fits.

ready_001.jpg
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #2 - 05/04/17 at 09:03:48

Very cool, Tobbe.  Have you noticed a drop in RPM's at cruising speeds since going to the chain drive?

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
TobbeSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 05/04/17 at 10:29:55

Hello. Yes, I have noticed that the bike runs with lower RPM and that is very good for me. I have appr 11% difference from original bcs I have 17-45 on the sprockets. Many many thanks for helping me and others to make a chainconversion. Smiley

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #4 - 05/04/17 at 17:51:27

nice looking bike ,happy trails !

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #5 - 05/04/17 at 18:06:28

Now you get to know the curse of final drive changes, HOW FAR IS THE SPEEDO OFF NOW?

Just noticed your location, your waiting how long for summer up there? How long does your riding season last in Sweden?

IP Logged
TobbeSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 05/04/17 at 23:45:14

HI. I have not noticed any topspeed bcs I do not like to be in high speed except on a fun snowmobile.  Smiley The season here in southern Sweden is from the end of April to somthing about September/October. I lived close to the arctic circ le before and it was no idea to have a motorcycle up there bcs the season is too short. I have I very bad Savage bcs the previous owner didn't make anything to take care of the bike. It is a luck that I have a hobbyroom where I can polish my engineparts when they are taken away from the bike. My exhaustpipe was looikng very bad but after I have used wetsandpaper from 100 to 800 I could get a very high shine on the pipe. The engine is damaged on the outside bcs the bike was sitting for many years full of birds..t that is very corrosive over long time on the engine. But I use the wetsandpaper on that pieces too and after polishing the pieces look very nice. I must wait until the winter in order to fix the inner engineparts. Plus that the gastank need a better paintjob but I am looking for a bigger tank so the summer will show what job I have in the winter.

IMG_20170505_082945.jpg
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #7 - 05/05/17 at 01:51:47

You have done a great job on the polishing.

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #8 - 05/05/17 at 02:55:03

Nicely done dude

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 05/05/17 at 05:00:27

Where did you get those saddle bags?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
TobbeSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 05/05/17 at 05:23:11

I got them from a closed mc business here in Sweden.  They are very old and are made of very thin leather.

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #11 - 05/05/17 at 07:04:12

The fringes on the front tool pouch makes it look like your bike has a moustache!  Smiley

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #12 - 05/05/17 at 07:07:44

Tocsik wrote on 05/05/17 at 07:04:12:
The fringes on the front tool pouch makes it look like your bike has a moustache!  Smiley

I hope there's cordless beard trimmer in that tool bag  Roll Eyes

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
Hamman
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 05/08/17 at 12:25:51

Good info, thanks!  Wink

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #14 - 05/08/17 at 13:18:01

I never had a clue the bike was that rusty ,it looks great ! nice job!

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 04:33:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › My bike and changes.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.