My first handgun (Read 780 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: My first handgun
Reply #60 - 05/04/17 at 10:09:39

MM, you said you have a Phoenix Arms PH22A also. What ammo does it prefer, or does it shoot all brands well? I have seen online that it does not like the CCI Velocitor. I am thinking of buying at least one of the following: Federal premium, Remington golden bullet, Blazer or Remington thunderbolt.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #61 - 05/04/17 at 18:31:56

Remington golden bullet

CCI Mini Mags  

CCI Velocitors (Hottest 40 gr load available) can't understand this not working ?

Mine is picky .

the ones that won't work in mine is :

WW Super X
Federal Lighting

When the clip is full is  when it "Sometimes" malfunctions with the Super X and Lightings.   The Golden bullets always work.

I'll bring mine to Lancers .  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #62 - 05/04/17 at 19:13:32

I stopped and picked up some ammo on the way home. I bought a Federal bulk pack and 50 rounds of Blazer. The Federal bulk pack of 525 rounds was only $22.99 and the CCI Blazer was $2.49 for 50 rounds. Maybe I'll get a chance to go to the range this weekend.

ammo.JPG

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #63 - 05/04/17 at 20:10:36

Give us a report on how they work ! Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
FL Savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Orlando/Eustis FL
Reply #64 - 05/04/17 at 22:19:53

Clean and re-oil before first outing, make sure barrel is clean and dry. There could be very fine unseeable grit from the mfg process that hinders the slide during recoil.
It also doesn't hurt to dis-assemble the magazine, clean and debur any sharp edges.

If you have FTF (fail to feed) with the first ammo you try, don't give up on it. Some guns need to be broken in. Switch to your other ammo  and save some of the FTF ammo for next time, it may function fine once the gun is broken in.

If you find and want  to try CCI Stingers, check the owners manual first. It is not recommended in many semi auto .22s due to  it having different dimensions (more OAL length).

Most important, shoot safe and have fun.

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #65 - 05/04/17 at 23:41:34

If the golden bullets always work, get some of them.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #66 - 05/05/17 at 08:26:50

If the golden bullets always work, get some of them.  

I found the 1400 round buckets on "Gun-Broker" and if ya get 4 at a time they ship free.   Wink    

wakosama

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX
Reply #67 - 05/09/17 at 16:46:11

Just FYI... Texas apparently won't let you qual. for a CHL with a .22 or a revolver.  Gotta be an auto over .25, so I was told.   Shocked

Mich Cdr II 140/90R & 100/90F, raised seat, windscreen, clubman bars, T-Kat brace, Raptor, HD 64707-08, thumb decomp,
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #68 - 05/09/17 at 18:08:30

Hey Wakosama, nice to hear from you. How goes it?

Are you telling me I have to buy another gun? Oh well, if I have to I have to. Wink

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #69 - 05/10/17 at 05:25:08

wakosama wrote on 05/09/17 at 16:46:11:
Just FYI... Texas apparently won't let you qual. for a CHL with a .22 or a revolver.  Gotta be an auto over .25, so I was told.   Shocked

It would be weird if you couldn't qualify with a revolver....I kinda' mentally associate most Texans as having a revolver strapped onto their hip. Huh

I used a Smith and Wesson .357 revolver with a 6" barrel when I qualified in KY...and a lot of the folks brought big guns to shoot.  The instructor commented that most of the guns were obviously not the guns folks would be carry concealed.....as they were just too big!  (But they do make it easier to aim and hit the target).

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
wakosama

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX
Reply #70 - 05/10/17 at 13:18:57

I be Wrong again... Back then I was told it was qual with revolver, carry revolver; qual with auto carry anything. Has been changed to 'clarify' that qual with either is now good for to carry both.  not learning to check before engaging mouth. Embarrassed

Mich Cdr II 140/90R & 100/90F, raised seat, windscreen, clubman bars, T-Kat brace, Raptor, HD 64707-08, thumb decomp,
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #71 - 05/10/17 at 23:43:37

What does CHL mean, is it it concealed holder licence or something?

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #72 - 05/11/17 at 10:27:53

I believe it is concealed handgun license. It is often referred to as concealed carry license. I do not have one of these, but I am considering obtaining one.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #73 - 05/11/17 at 10:39:40

So....have you shot the new gun yet?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #74 - 05/11/17 at 11:41:16

I think you've guessed it Dave. Not yet. I believe I probably won't shoot it until in Oklahoma at Lancer's. Late last night I actually loaded and unloaded the magazines a couple of times. Seems the springs in the magazines are pretty stiff. I was only able to load 9 rounds in one and 8 in the other. If they do not loosen up a bit quickly I will have to buy a speed loader cause it left my thumbs tender from pushing the rounds in. Loading a 9mm clip is much easier.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 08:27:50

General CategoryThe Cafe › My first handgun

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.