Send Topic Print
how do i fix my peg? (Read 92 times)
Packman
YaBB Newbies

idontknowshi+

CLE
how do i fix my peg?
04/14/17 at 06:12:48

So I rode to work yesterday and all was good. Well when i left i put my feet up and the right peg went down. I dont know what the hell happened while i was working... So what exactly do I need to do to fix this? New peg? something else? bolt? is there a cheap fix?

-- I <3 cheeseburgers --
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: how do i fix my peg?
Reply #1 - 04/14/17 at 06:18:36

Did you buy the bike used? I wonder if the PO used an opposite side peg and mounted it there as a replacement and wedged it with something to stop it from springing down (instead of up if installed in the right place). Not sure of this is feasible based on let side right side design as I think the top side would then be the bottom and it would be obvious....unless someone got real creative. 

Just a thought. If you pull UP on it does it stop perfectly horizontal or does it come up further, say 20 degrees or so like the other side?

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Packman
YaBB Newbies

idontknowshi+

CLE
Reply #2 - 04/14/17 at 06:51:49

yeah if i pull up its straight. There's a part of the metal that is bent i'm gonna upload a better picture. I feel like its rigged up like the rest of the bike. Right rear peg is missing but this bike was dropped on its right side by the previous owner.

bottom

-- I <3 cheeseburgers --
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #3 - 04/14/17 at 06:53:28

If I recall, that bike was trashed and crashed by the PO.  I have a complete set of front pegs that are nice and I think I might also have what you need to fix it on the cheap (but maybe not as nice).   I'm on the southeast side of Cleveland if you are interested.

IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #4 - 04/14/17 at 06:53:55

The steel inner part of the pegs is the same for both sides. Take out the pivot bolt on both sides and compare the ends of the inner steel pieces, you will see what is wrong. Don't lose the little steel/rubber stopper thinges.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #5 - 04/14/17 at 07:09:37

Unless I miss my guess the PO took the rear peg (also damaged) and moved it to the front ,I can tell because it's short and the rubber has raised edges on the top at both ends.(you need a new front and rear pegs).

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Packman
YaBB Newbies

idontknowshi+

CLE
Reply #6 - 04/14/17 at 07:29:54

darn you guys are good! Ohio I pm'd you. Anybody have any temporary quick like no cost fixes till i get back from vacation and accumulate some more funds. Could I flip it?

-- I <3 cheeseburgers --
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 04/14/17 at 07:35:04

That bolt about to fall out too.
the top should be flush with the mount.

WWW   IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #8 - 04/14/17 at 21:43:39

If you have a left rear peg ,it should work as well as the one you have now ,just move it to replace as the rear pegs are the same.you may have to squeeze the bracket together to better align the mounting bolt.(and hope it isn't cross threaded)

« Last Edit: 04/15/17 at 07:53:22 by batman »  

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 13:55:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › how do i fix my peg?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.