Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Forum Members Memorial Thread (Read 159 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Forum Members Memorial Thread
04/13/17 at 03:45:24

Over the years we have lost some of our members.  Some of these members have been known to us by their participation on this forum, while others have been on group gatherings or local events with other riders.  It will be somewhat hard to know exactly who should be included in this thread - some have been active when they passed, and others have become ill and stopped posting.....and we don't know what their status currently is.

I have been only this forum for about 5 years - so I will need help with the name and details.  Do we want to use the "forum member" name, their real name.....it would be nice to also have a picture.

Members that I know have passed in the time I have been on this forum are:

old_rider
skat:  http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1337249737/0

Members who have suddenly vanished are:

Rylee (Just suddenly vanished)
Blinky (Had some health problems...the vanished).

There where also a few members that were very active on the forum and group rides....and they stopped being active.  What/where have they gone.

BigZuk
Serenity

Any help with detail, dates, photos should be posted/linked in this thread.

« Last Edit: 04/13/17 at 06:13:42 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Forum Members Memorial Thread
Reply #1 - 04/13/17 at 09:43:08

Check Tech for information on Hutch Hutchinson. Pulleys to sprockets, he blazed the trail. Someone followed, step by step, and did it at the same time.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 04/13/17 at 09:58:06

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/13/17 at 09:43:08:
Check Tech for information on Hutch Hutchinson. Pulleys to sprockets, he blazed the trail. Someone followed, step by step, and did it at the same time.

What am I supposed to be looking for?  He was last online in 2009, I looked at his last 25 posts.....not a word is said about his health or any indication he was going to leave the forum.

That is one of the issues that can make it really hard to do a memorial thread.  We currently have 7,826 registered users - and about 20 of us post on a regular basis.  How do we keep track of who has gotten bored with this forum and moved on.....and/or who has passed on?  The only real way to know for sure is for those few members who have friends or family that have notified the forum - like Youzguys has for old_rider, and PreacherMike did for Skat.  

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #3 - 04/13/17 at 10:40:58

It was smokey02 with the huge headlight.
I know he passed, but I don't know how to look for his last posts for more info.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 04/13/17 at 10:50:48

youzguyz wrote on 04/13/17 at 10:40:58:
I know he passed, but I don't know how to look for his last posts for more info.

At the top of the page is the MEMBERS button, you can search for a name there.  I looked for Smokey02 and he was last online in 08, and there was no mention of any health issue in the last 5 posts he made.

It is possible a "search" for Smokey02 could bring up his name in a discussion thread posted by somebody discussing his passing.  I don't really have the time/energy to chase all these past members down.  If you want somebody to be included........I need somebody to give me the accurate details - either a link to the discussion thread (like I did for Skat) or the information (name, date, photo) that should be posted.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 04/13/17 at 10:57:06

Yes, smokey passed, his wife emailed me about his bike.
Maybe I can find something now that I got a date.

I couldn't find smokey* in the members list, dave can you quote his last post?

WWW   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #6 - 04/13/17 at 11:06:45

Dave wrote on 04/13/17 at 10:50:48:
youzguyz wrote on 04/13/17 at 10:40:58:

At the top of the page is the MEMBERS button, you can search for a name there.  I looked for Smokey02 and he was last online in 08, and there was no mention of any health issue in the last 5 posts he made.

It is possible a "search" for Smokey02 could bring up his name in a discussion thread posted by somebody discussing his passing.  I don't really have the time/energy to chase all these past members down.  If you want somebody to be included........I need somebody to give me the accurate details - either a link to the discussion thread (like I did for Skat) or the information (name, date, photo) that should be posted.

I don't see a MEMBERS button, but I'm using an older interface.
I found a way to look at his last 25 posts, and I didn't see any mention of his demise there either.  So it is best to assume he is OK.

Here is the link to his mention of the 9" headlight he put on:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1184081892/8#8

Too bad I can't get the links to the pictures to work.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 04/13/17 at 11:16:05

Dave, I don't remember when, but Hutch and I talked, I bought a bike from him. He had some plastic veins in his leg, wasn't really okay. He didn't announce he was gonna die, he pretty much just did.. I think his son logged on and told us.
He was a character and trailblazer.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #8 - 04/13/17 at 11:43:37

youzguyz wrote on 04/13/17 at 11:06:45:
I found a way to look at his last 25 posts, and I didn't see any mention of his demise there either.  So it is best to assume he is OK.

Thanks for the link.

To find the members page, goto HOME,
then down at the bottom there's "We have 7826 registered members." that's a link,
click on that and it'll take you there.

WWW   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #9 - 04/13/17 at 12:08:12

verslagen1 wrote on 04/13/17 at 11:43:37:
youzguyz wrote on 04/13/17 at 11:06:45:

Thanks for the link.

To find the members page, goto HOME,
then down at the bottom there's "We have 7826 registered members." that's a link,
click on that and it'll take you there.

Got it.  Kewl beans..   Thanks!

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #10 - 04/20/17 at 02:52:53

Two Members I'd like to have an "situational update" on are:

- Savage Wahine, a lady who lived in Hawaii but reportedly moved to Washington State (?)

- Sir Mick, an old british gentleman who moved to the US and lived in No.Cal. and then moved to Washington State.

Huh

Roll Eyes

Seems people move to Washington State and then disappear... Cheesy

OH YES ! AND PALADIN !!!

Wink

...  Roll Eyes ...

And Gyrobob... made a h*ll of a fuss over "Wheat belly" !!!  Grin

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #11 - 04/20/17 at 05:04:31

mpescatori:

In the week since I decided to make an attempt at creating a Memorial Page or Sticky......I have learned why no one has ever done this project before.  So far I only have documented information about 2 members that have passed away while they where active members on this forum (Skat and old_rider).  There has been no solid evidence provided for any other forum members that have disappeared (or that they are deceased).  When a few of the active members posted comments about forum members that they believe are gone - I can only find the last comments/threads that the missing member posted - and most of those are normal discussions related to the Savage motorcycle and there is nothing to indicate there are any health issues....or that they are leaving the forum.  The Moderators have no magic button to track these folks down and document where they are.  If you go to the Members Page and look up Sir Mick or Savage Wahine - you can open their last 25 posts and learn everything that I can find out.  The last few times I have tried that (Paladin, Smokey02, Hutch) I found out nothing new - they were just normal posts.....same for Blinky and Rylee who just stopped posting and have never been back on the forum.

I really don't see how it is possible to create a "Memorial Page" unless it is just Skat and old_rider....as I can only document that those 2 members have passed away while active members on this forum.

If anybody wants to take on the task of tracking down old members, please volunteer.  If anyone wants to create a "MEMORIAL" page format to be followed - please provide a template or suggestions.  We have 7,846 members registered - I just don't see how we can start listing everyone that has stopped posting on the forum, and assume they have passed away.  And I don't know how we can do a Memorial Page and list members when we don't have "factual" accounts of them passing away.

I don't know if these links will work for Savage Wahine - but I will try. 

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?action=usersrecentposts;username=352F...

I could not find a Sir Mick

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #12 - 04/20/17 at 05:29:46

verslagen1 wrote on 04/13/17 at 10:57:06:
Yes, smokey passed, his wife emailed me about his bike.
Maybe I can find something now that I got a date.

I couldn't find smokey* in the members list, dave can you quote his last post?

Versy,

I am 90% sure that smokey02 is the same smokey you are talking about.  The guy with the 9" headlight.

Here is the link to his headlight thread:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1184081892/8#8

And to his last 25 posts:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?action=usersrecentposts;username=3B25...

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #13 - 04/20/17 at 06:03:28

Paladin last logged onto the forum 3/2017.

He had sold his Savage and was riding a scooter.

Here is his last 5 posts.  If you click on one of the threads, you can go in and click on his Avatar, and get his contact info and see when he last was on the forum.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?action=usersrecentposts;username=1021...

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #14 - 04/20/17 at 08:02:06

Dave, I'm sorry I upset you.

We obviously have different views on the word "memorial".

I am glad to hear Paladin is alive and well, I was lucky enough to meet him and Verslagen way back in 2008 during my visit to the US.

"Sir Mick" is actually just "Mick" and apparently lives in Oregon and raises chickens.

Savage Wahine (Wahine) simply stopped posting.

Still, they were nice people to "virtually hang around with".

Regards,

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 22:28:00

General CategoryThe Cafe › Forum Members Memorial Thread

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.