Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
HD Drag Bars: Small Change, Big Difference. (Read 269 times)
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Re: HD Drag Bars: Small Change, Big Difference.
Reply #15 - 04/15/17 at 23:52:18

Don't forget Island Road our bikes started out as a 400.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #16 - 04/16/17 at 14:08:54

Ah, I didn't know that!  Smiley

jcstokes wrote on 04/15/17 at 23:52:18:
Don't forget Island Road our bikes started out as a 400.

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #17 - 04/16/17 at 19:46:15

IslandRoad wrote on 04/15/17 at 23:44:49:
"No-one ever says 'are we there yet' on a bike".

Amen to that!

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
SoC
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
Reply #18 - 04/17/17 at 22:07:08

The bars look nice, have been looking to replace Buckhorns on my 03. Just ordered a set of risers from an S40, they were cheap enough so I hope they will fit. Anyway, I'm interested in the tach mount and what it is maybe a better picture of it, would like to add one.

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #19 - 04/18/17 at 01:46:45

SoC wrote on 04/17/17 at 22:07:08:
The bars look nice, have been looking to replace Buckhorns on my 03. Just ordered a set of risers from an S40, they were cheap enough so I hope they will fit. Anyway, I'm interested in the tach mount and what it is maybe a better picture of it, would like to add one.

Hey SoC,

I copied the method to make the mounting bracket from another user who posted the instructions on the forum. I'll look up the thread for you and link to it. Here's another shot from a different angle:

Tach_-_Installed_001.jpg

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #20 - 04/18/17 at 01:52:27

The original design was by Todd James. This thread has all the info (and more photos). If you scroll down the page, in that thread, there's another design for mounting them on the other side of the risers, by user T140V.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1409022095/0

If you get the Ryca mini-tach, there is a method for connecting the wiring (with photos) in this thread:

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1485674038/0#8

Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged
SoC
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
Reply #21 - 04/18/17 at 09:03:33

IslandRode, Thanks for the info and link. I already have the aluminum angle and could knock that out in a couple hours in shop. Though it's not necessary, I like the idea of a tack.

IP Logged
SoC
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
Reply #22 - 04/18/17 at 12:01:10

So here's a picture of the risers I just purchased to try some other bar ideas on my 03. They were listed for an 05-15 Savage (I assume S40 model). Anyone know of reason they wouldn't work for me?

Untitled_025.jpg
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #23 - 04/18/17 at 13:06:39

SoC wrote on 04/18/17 at 09:03:33:
IslandRode, Thanks for the info and link. I already have the aluminum angle and could knock that out in a couple hours in shop. Though it's not necessary, I like the idea of a tack.

Yeah, it took me a couple of hours too. I felt the same way ... not necessary, but nice. I'd only ever ridden two stroke dirt bikes before the S40, so I didn't really understand the way the the thumper ticks over. It felt so different. I was confident enough riding it, but the feedback from the tach just helped me get more out of it (setting up the idle speed, and the change up speeds etc).

I recently took the tach off until I settle on the handlebar configuration, and really noticed how much better I can read the bike now. I'll experiment with fitting it again once I settle on new risers.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #24 - 04/19/17 at 06:42:48

IslandRoad wrote on 04/18/17 at 13:06:39:

Yeah, it took me a couple of hours too. I felt the same way ... not necessary, but nice. I'd only ever ridden two stroke dirt bikes before the S40, so I didn't really understand the way the the thumper ticks over. It felt so different. I was confident enough riding it, but the feedback from the tach just helped me get more out of it (setting up the idle speed, and the change up speeds etc).

I recently took the tach off until I settle on the handlebar configuration, and really noticed how much better I can read the bike now. I'll experiment with fitting it again once I settle on new risers.

Low risers are winging their way to you !  ✈️

✈️

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #25 - 04/19/17 at 14:28:05

LANCER wrote on 04/19/17 at 06:42:48:
IslandRoad wrote on 04/18/17 at 13:06:39:

Low risers are winging their way to you !  ✈️

✈️

Thanks Lancer  Smiley

I'm looking forward to giving them a go!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 22:19:35

General CategoryThe Cafe › HD Drag Bars: Small Change, Big Difference.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.