Conditioning (Read 193 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Conditioning
03/28/17 at 21:39:46

Went for a 4hr ride today without running out of fuel , ain't done that before .   Smiley

It was a lot of back roads that only amounted to 212 km (130 ish-miles).  

Anyway , my sitter was tired of sitting by time I got back home.   Tongue
The winter months didn't seem that long butt   , I'm going to get -- re-conditioned  -- to make it all the way to Lancers this May !  

Anybody else finding the winter was longer than it seemed ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: Conditioning
Reply #1 - 03/28/17 at 21:54:14

Oh , is winter over ?

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #2 - 03/28/17 at 23:00:56

In North Texas we didn't get much winter this year. I have noticed that my tailbone seems unfamiliar with the seats on my bikes lately.

Kenny G Undecided

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #3 - 03/29/17 at 01:14:22

Ruttly wrote on 03/28/17 at 21:54:14:
Oh , is winter over ?

There was a winter?  Huh

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 03/29/17 at 04:03:18

I don't know about my sitter - I took the Ninja Cafe' bike out for a ride Monday night, and I only got 4 miles before the dark clouds started to sprinkle and chase me home (I rode toward the black clouds so that when it started raining I could turn around and run away).

The winter in KY was very mild this year.  We only got to the single digits for a few days, and we only had 1 or 2 snow events - however it was still too cold to do any  riding.

The weather right now does allow for an occasional ride - but most times the weather is really good I am at work!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 03/29/17 at 04:45:18

Been record setting event here in the PacNorwest....
The lack of sunshine even has the conservative bunch complaining like libs bout everything  Grin
No kidding, it is a proven study lack of vitamin D causes emotional distress in folks.
I sit on the ferry typing on my iPhone, all garbbed up in my raingear, again  Angry

I am giving serious thought to buying a big enough boat to keep in a slip, and live a few months during the winter, after I retire...in SoCal, by my kids.

I know NOT having to venture out in the crummy weather after I retire would help, maybe, not sure.

I think all this strange weather must be because Trump signed a new executive order repealing all of Obama's effort to make life grand, maybe Kiss Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
HAPPYDAN

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 03/29/17 at 09:48:47

raydawg wrote on 03/29/17 at 04:45:18:
Been record setting event here in the PacNorwest....
The lack of sunshine even has the conservative bunch complaining like libs bout everything  Grin
No kidding, it is a proven study lack of vitamin D causes emotional distress in folks.
I sit on the ferry typing on my iPhone, all garbbed up in my raingear, again  Angry

I am giving serious thought to buying a big enough boat to keep in a slip, and live a few months during the winter, after I retire...in SoCal, by my kids.

I know NOT having to venture out in the crummy weather after I retire would help, maybe, not sure.

I think all this strange weather must be because Trump signed a new executive order repealing all of Obama's effort to make life grand, maybe Kiss Grin

Yeah, what he said. It hasn't stopped raining here in Gig Harbor since. . . Huh . . . I forget.

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #7 - 03/29/17 at 09:52:40

One big dump of snow a few weeks ago was pretty much the entire winter here. In between the monsoons though I managed to keep riding the entire duration of it.
Now I need to focus on getting the seasons accumulated crud off.  Undecided

KIMG0197.JPG

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #8 - 03/29/17 at 09:59:17

It's looking at me as if to say - Would you hurry up and pee before my cylinder head freezes on me!

That was a darn cold ride!

KIMG0177.JPG

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #9 - 03/29/17 at 20:36:45

Between Rutty and YouzGuyz ,  I might have to move to Texas for the winter ! !

Would have already but the wife isn't going no-where for now  .

Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
buster6315

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 03/29/17 at 21:11:13

Ruttly wrote on 03/28/17 at 21:54:14:
Oh , is winter over ?

Taunting aye?  That's like a fifteen yard penalty!

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #11 - 04/08/17 at 19:10:35

Every time I think it is finally going to stay warm, we get a cold snap. Tonight is supposed to be in the upper 30's.

I have ridden all winter though.  Just not very far.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #12 - 04/08/17 at 22:25:46

Rained here past two days , Friday's storm packed some nasty winds it sunk a crane barge in SF bay and blew over stacks of empty containers at our terminal and more snow in the Sierras. Are you sure winter is over ! But I will ride on Sunday , but I ride all year just shorter rides in winter.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #13 - 04/08/17 at 23:15:07

I left Saturday morning at 6:30am for an all day ride , (Big G trucking company --ride for St.Judes ) .   It was about 30 deg. when I left the house and got up to 70 deg. before the day was over.   If the day was a woman we would be saying " what a mood swing" .  Grin

It was a lot of back roads that only amounted to less than 250 miles , but took 6 hours.  No more sore seat !  Smiley

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #14 - 04/09/17 at 02:37:31

Yep.....same 30 degrees on Saturday morning here in KY - but it did warm up into the 60's and I got some yard work done.......although the ground was a bit wet from the days of rain we had inflicted on us during the week.

This morning at 5 AM it is 38 - with a promise of 70's and sunny this afternoon.  I am going riding today! Smiley

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 22:17:02

General CategoryThe Cafe › Conditioning

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.