Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Re: Conditioning
Reply #15 - 04/09/17 at 04:51:54

It's only 40 here as of 7AM but supposed to go into the mid 60
s later.
I think I'm going to take the Ducati out and open her up on the interstate before the traffic starts up for the day. My curiosity is getting the better of me.
I gave Thumpy a bath yesterday and got all the winter crud off so I think I'll have to show his shininess off a bit this afternoon too.

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #16 - 04/09/17 at 13:14:17

I's 83 here in Houston and I just got back from a 40 some mile ride. Beautiful day. I would have kept on riding and I wish I would have cause I totally misjudged the time, I could've kept going for another hour.  Cool

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #17 - 04/09/17 at 15:38:48

Woo Hoo!  We got up to the high 70's.....and I just got back from a 100 mile ride on the Ninja Cafe'.

I got in a Sport Bike Conga line on Route 10.....there must have been 50 bikes, and the pace was slow as would be expected with that many bikes.  When they pulled over, I kept going and had a nice ride - the first long ride for me this year.....and the first one that I have not come home shivering!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #18 - 04/09/17 at 18:35:32

Way to go Dave. I actually got stuck behind a pack of 20-25 Hurleys on my ride back. Not good. They were occupying 2 lanes of the highway and really slowing traffic. Thank goodness it was only for a few miles.

I just got back from going to the supermarket in the car with the windows open (wish I would have been on the bike, but too much to bring back) and the evening is just as beautiful and even more pleasant than the day was. I had a big grin on my face as I said "Thank you Lord, what a beautiful day". God knows how to put a big smile on my face!!!

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #19 - 04/10/17 at 06:39:55

I rode the Duck for 4.5 hours straight yesterday. Still warming up to it - becoming one with the machine little by little.
I did some interstate, some backroads and even some dirt roads. Yes it does fine on those too, in fact it handles just like a big dirt bike. Reminded me a bit of the XL650 I used to ride.
Was too tired afterwards to ride Thumpy. But it's supposed to be nice all week!

map link for the picture
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Unionville,+East+Marlborough+Township,+PA+1...

KIMG0198.JPG

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #20 - 04/10/17 at 09:57:12

I'm glad that this thread started talking about the weather rather then conditioning your ass for riding.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #21 - 04/10/17 at 14:36:14

Well you know Gary, good weather makes for good ass conditioning! Grin

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #22 - 04/10/17 at 20:09:55

good weather makes for good ass conditioning! Grin    

Grin

Your a good man Springman !    ,   I'm up to all day rides now ,  Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 22:25:22

General CategoryThe Cafe › Conditioning

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.