YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Dissing my Savage
Reply #15 - 03/28/17 at 17:59:31

Ruttly wrote on 03/28/17 at 15:15:19:
B Are you grinning when you get off it after a good ride ? !

I am usually grinning while I am getting my gear on.......and it continues right up to the time I take my gear back off!

(Days I get caught in the rain might be the exception).

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #16 - 03/28/17 at 19:29:20

My best ride in years is when in got caught in a hail & lightning storm and then it rained for another hour. I was grinning ear to ear , it was huge fun !
Only took 2 hours to get the tracker cleaned up & shining again , now that was a bummer !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #17 - 03/28/17 at 21:02:34

I'm wide eyed and trembling inside till I hear it fire off , once I knock it in gear all that goes away and things get serious , it takes a few miles to get in the zone,feel the bike,become one as Bruce Lee said "Like Water" , now it's time to ride. Maybe not so much ride the bike but guide it with a light touch now I'm in the zone where 100% of everything else is blocked out. That's when that warming , tingling rush of adrenaline creeps up my spine , endorphins ease the pain in my hands and arms. It's truly a high for me wether it's a relaxed pace or a heavy on throttle section of twisties I know well. That's what 45 years of riding has done to me! Still no grin. Time to unwind and pull myself out of my self induced transe and roll back into town at acceptable speed , whack the throttle HARD on the last straight and try to miss the gravel patch at corner or not , roll into the driveway and shut it down and I can feel it coming as I slide the my helmet off it arrives not a second to late a ear to ear $hit eating grin that stays the rest of the day , renewed once again ! I love to ride ! Yeah I have a real problem , I know it. Every minute of every day that's all I think about , I love motorcycles and I love to ride. What a high for me , to ride and feel the bike the road the countryside the air,total freedom , thats what makes Ruttly tick !!!!!
I think you triggered my one and only nerve Dave !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #18 - 03/29/17 at 02:01:43

Come to think of it, the guy that used to do my Warrants of Fitness, safety inspections to North Americans, said "what did you buy one of those things for" when I first took mine to him. It's taken me years to think of a reply. 1/ It was cheap new 2/ I loved the colour scheme, Pearl White and Silver 3/ It was bigger than my red GN 250 4/ Does 90% of what a high 'fifties, now high 'sixties guy wants to do on a bike 5/ Had a real low seat height, I can back it into my garage easier than the GN250 6/ Had a beautiful quiet exhaust muffler, and belt drive 7/ It had lovely chrome thingys around the top of the engine 8/ it's proved to be quite reliable 9/ It has a very well styled rear mudguard/fender and tail light 10/ I love the thing, still watching Yamaha Bolts, but won't spend the money.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Jasbee
YaBB Newbies

One pot does it

Canberra, Australia
Reply #19 - 03/29/17 at 03:48:32

Recently I rode 500 kms and without warning called in on a friend I haven't seen for years. I met him at his front door and he said: geez I thought it was the postie. Well, I guess the S40 would make a good postie bike. Here in Aus the posties ride Honda 110s, laden down with huge panniers full of heavy mail; needless to say, the bikes get FLOGGED.

Jasbee

Red 2015 S40, Boulevard screen, Ventura rack
  IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #20 - 03/29/17 at 04:13:50

jcstokes wrote on 03/29/17 at 02:01:43:
/ It had lovely chrome thingys around the top of the engine .

Mine never came with chrome c0cks on the top of the engine. They'd be cool. Like little c0ck shaped acorn nuts, I imagine. What fun.

IP Logged
GBG

'06 S40. Stock plus
saddlebags.

Cincinnati, OH
Reply #21 - 03/29/17 at 17:59:53

I went on a three day ride with a group of chopper enthusiasts. As I rode into camp on the second night one of the guys came running over yelling "Hey, is that a Savage?!"
This guy owns a stable of bikes and, as his employer is a parts and accessories company, has a lot of other motorcycles at his disposal. He told me the first bike he ever customized was a Savage, and he really wants to do another.
That was endorsement enough for me.

IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #22 - 03/31/17 at 01:23:20

first one was so much fun, I went and bought a lower mileage second one. Newer one looks stock but isn't, older one done up like a tracker. both '08s.  Cool Grin

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #23 - 03/31/17 at 04:48:59

Ah, such is life......
My happiness and joy, self acceptance and respect is predicated on lofting myself as your better....
I can bear witness to my facts, as they reside so ripe and obvious to me, that frankly I am shocked that others are so blind to truth  Grin

Too spend much energy on folks who have such a deep need, is like spitting with your visor down  Cheesy

Part of my adoration for our bike is its primitive nature....
Without being saddled to too much baggage, when I ride it's akin to being bare back and feeling how the muscles of this beast all come together and work in unison.....
As I enjoy the effect is has on my emotional strings.

I was once riddled with questions by many, when a new faith and understanding, freed me from my past of having to rely on booze to fill a void and need in my life....

It was to a higher power I know for sure who provided to me what I could never attain on my own....
They asked if I was just imagining such?

I knew no answer exsisted that they could understand, so I never bothered trying.
I believe oft times that is as good as it gets in some human relationships.

Enjoy the moment, that is all we have  Wink

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #24 - 03/31/17 at 04:54:43

Raydawg:

Is the ferry moving slower than normal today? Huh

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #25 - 03/31/17 at 07:40:32

Dave wrote on 03/31/17 at 04:54:43:
Raydawg:

Is the ferry moving slower than normal today? Huh

Grin Grin Grin Grin  good one Dave!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #26 - 03/31/17 at 09:11:07

Ray , Very cool and so true !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #27 - 03/31/17 at 14:24:43

Ruttly wrote on 03/31/17 at 09:11:07:
Ray , Very cool and so true !

Thanks Rutman  Wink

See Dave, I was appreciated on the slow boat.
Better watch out...... I might very well call you punkin and upset your apple cart  Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/24/24 at 15:27:50

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dissing my Savage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.