Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Flashing brake install ? (Read 119 times)
Packman
YaBB Newbies

idontknowshi+

CLE
Flashing brake install ?
03/26/17 at 20:10:39

I purchased a "dyna flash" brake light flasher thing. You know it makes the brake light flash 4 times when the brake is applied then holds steady. Well it didn't come with instructions  and im new to the savage so was wondering if anyone could upload a picture or something showing me where to wire it in. I'm on a phone so I can't post  pictures.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  

It has one side says in the other out with a red & a black wire come out of both ends  =■=

Thanks
Packman

-- I <3 cheeseburgers --
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Flashing brake install ?
Reply #1 - 03/26/17 at 20:35:15

You don't need that. Superbrightleds.com has a led replacement bulb that has a built in flasher unit. I don't have the link or part # at the moment but will find it tomorrow if someone else here hasn't already posted it. Have one of these bulbs in both my bikes and they work as advertised. I think they are about $20 IIRC.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Packman
YaBB Newbies

idontknowshi+

CLE
Reply #2 - 03/27/17 at 04:38:45

Awesome thank you! I just ordered one.  I'll take the other one back.

-- I <3 cheeseburgers --
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 03/27/17 at 05:28:33

ll take the other one back

Good luck with that..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #4 - 03/27/17 at 11:35:58

IP Logged
ero4444

weekender

Reply #5 - 03/27/17 at 14:24:59

+1 love the easy brake flash bulb - stupid-easy.

mine has a weird behaviour of doing some kind of rapid-fire flashing like a dozen times superfast, even though it's spec'd for 4 flashes.  It might only happen during startup and idle - I don't watch it while I'm riding.

c2001, 3800miles, 3rd owner, adjusted idle, raised seat, Tkat brace, Raptor petcock, cleaned carb, replaced some jets, Dyna muffler, Fiamm horns, Shinkos, future Ed L. forward controls, fork boots.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #6 - 03/27/17 at 14:31:02

ero4444 wrote on 03/27/17 at 14:24:59:
mine has a weird behaviour of doing some kind of rapid-fire flashing like a dozen times superfast, even though it's spec'd for 4 flashes.  It might only happen during startup and idle - I don't watch it while I'm riding.

I seem to think mine does that too, at start-up. I wondered if it had something to do with the charging system getting kicked off and such, but it always seems good under normal riding conditions.  I checked connections and also applied some dielectric grease just to be safe and it still does it, but just at start-up/idle.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #7 - 03/28/17 at 03:16:28

stewmills wrote on 03/27/17 at 14:31:02:
ero4444 wrote on 03/27/17 at 14:24:59:

I seem to think mine does that too, at start-up. I wondered if it had something to do with the charging system getting kicked off and such, but it always seems good under normal riding conditions.  I checked connections and also applied some dielectric grease just to be safe and it still does it, but just at start-up/idle.

Any chance that you are seeing the tail light portion flashing at start-up?  (I am presuming, since it is an 1157 (dual "filament") bulb, that it has a tail light portion).
It says there is only 1 LED in the case.. so there must be something going on in there to limit the lumens so it acts like a tail light until the brake circuit activates.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #8 - 03/28/17 at 07:15:11

Not to hijack, but how bright is that LED?  Does it use the reflector well?  I really don't want to sacrifice the stock incandescent lumens and reflectivity to get the flashing.
Thanks.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #9 - 03/28/17 at 07:31:00

Tocsik wrote on 03/28/17 at 07:15:11:
Not to hijack, but how bright is that LED?  Does it use the reflector well?  I really don't want to sacrifice the stock incandescent lumens and reflectivity to get the flashing.
Thanks.

The Superbright LED works great in any light that has a fluted/prismatic lens to disperse the lght.  It is brighter than the 1157 bulb, and the flashing is an attention getter. It works excellent in the Savage tail light.

The bulbs also worked good in my Honda ST1100 and the current NT700, and my friends BMW GS - as they all have the lens with the diamond prisms cast into the plastic.

It did not work well in my Pontiac Vibe - the red lens is smooth, and the light uses a dimpled reflector to disperse the light - the Superbright flashing LED has a bulb that is longer - and it extended the light beyond where the reflector could pick up the light.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ero4444

weekender

Reply #10 - 03/28/17 at 14:04:58

youzguyz wrote on 03/28/17 at 03:16:28:
Any chance that you are seeing the tail light portion flashing at start-up?  (I am presuming, since it is an 1157 (dual "filament") bulb, that it has a tail light portion).

The tail light behaviour is a normal solid dim, maybe 30% of max brightness during brake light behaviour.  Pretty sure when I stop the bike after 30 minutes, the brake just flashes 4 times as expected.

c2001, 3800miles, 3rd owner, adjusted idle, raised seat, Tkat brace, Raptor petcock, cleaned carb, replaced some jets, Dyna muffler, Fiamm horns, Shinkos, future Ed L. forward controls, fork boots.
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #11 - 03/28/17 at 15:36:18

I'd put a headlight modulator on before a brake light flasher. Why? because I always am aware of what is behind me and if necessary I will manually flash the brake light while watching what's going on. By doing it manually I can make it more obvious.

As for headlight modulators, I've been running one on my GS500 for nearly a year (it's pretty well legal almost everywhere which surprises many) and it  definitely makes 'SMIDSY' much less likely. I feel a lot safer. I often get people waving at me or flashing their lights or but that just lets me know it's noticed which is the whole point.

The one I have won't fit into the small 7" S40 headlight housing but http://www.kriss.com/quick.php make one that does.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 10:33:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Flashing brake install ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.