Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
It's on. Tomorrow 4am GMT. Australia vs India (Read 58 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
It's on. Tomorrow 4am GMT. Australia vs India
03/23/17 at 18:56:22

This is the match of the century, Dharmasala.

India after coming of a 19 run trot off home victories were predicted to whitewash Australia 4-0

The scoreline reads 1-1 with the final decider tomorrow. India have tried every dirty trick in the book including but not limited to shameless pitch doctoring, even actually going over it with wire brushes, but it backfired spectacularly.

It's little Oz vs the combined might of One Billion People who love their cricket. It's big, it's huge, everything is on the line, if India lose there will burning effigies and it will be a national crisis.

It's a tale of two captains, Kohli the flawed genius who thinks it's his divine duty to lead his country to a never before achieved series victory in Australia who is now tasked with avoiding humiliation at home, vs the enigmatic and affably charming Sir Steven Peter Devereux Smith who has dragged his team of equally flawed old timers and mix of wide eyed newbies to the edge of a dream.

https://youtu.be/Zcrfw-MVJnI

Smith started as a bowler batting at no.8, when he came in as a batsman he was ridiculed, his technique was weird, he could not get aways with such unorthodox strokes against the best in the world. Who's laughing now...

Smith is the current best batsman in the Galaxy after Smith comes fresh air, then everyone else. To put that in perspective that would be like Matt Shoemaker of the Angels besting Devin Mesoraco after 3 years in the squad. Note: I know nothing about baseball, so I hope that works.

Kohli is a national hero scoring a double century in each of his last 4 matches at home. Beating India at home is the toughest ask in world cricket. Smith has two centuries in the series and Kohli has a highest score of 15 so far. The series has been acrimonious and ugly at times. They call it Test cricket because it is a test of character, your patience, your fortitude, your courage, and your skill is tied to the back of a a Toyota SUV and dragged over burning coals.

Australia's best bowler Mitchell Starc has returned home with a stress fracture in his foot to be replaced by the brilliant Pat Cummins who has not played for Australia since his spectacular debut six years ago due to his fragile frame. Last match he ran through the Indian batting order on a dead pitch faster than a 3 day old corn curry.

Be there, or be square.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Re: It's on. Tomorrow 4am GMT. Australia vs India
Reply #1 - 03/23/17 at 19:23:38

I don't understand Cricket one bit, but enjoy the game

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #2 - 03/23/17 at 19:32:20

Gary_in_NJ wrote on 03/23/17 at 19:23:38:
I don't understand Cricket one bit, but enjoy the game

It's the most subtle of sports, it's a team game played by individuals. You think baseball is obsessed with stats, you got nothing on cricket, they have stats that are so obscure and go back to the 19th century. Nasa had their scientists work out the dynamics of how a cricket ball swings. I'm not joking. https://ntrs.nasa.gov/search.jsp?R=20000112958

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 03/23/17 at 19:54:13

Nasa had their scientists work out the dynamics of how a cricket ball swings. I'm not joking.

All that and no study on how the bat rolls?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #4 - 03/24/17 at 00:16:31

Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 03/24/17 at 10:56:06

Actually, I didn't even know a cricket had a scrotum.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 03/24/17 at 16:28:40

Is it really a sport if you can do it in a sweater vest?.... Grin

Just kidding,... good luck Aussieland... Cool

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...