Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cross country trip finishing touches hopefully (Read 47 times)
DeadKings
YaBB Newbies

Single Thumper Fan

Portland Oregon
Cross country trip finishing touches hopefully
03/22/17 at 19:17:35

Cross country  ..... Finishing touches .
Just finished the cam chain adjuster swap  put I'm quick release seat pins and added a lollipop to my single baffle exhaust. Made it a lil  quieter at idle and seems to have settled down my idol . I'm ordering the front kawi pulley tomorrow and another cam chain adjuster for my  99 .   I also got an LED day maker headlight . Still need to do the soft plug fix . Gotta look  up what gaskets I need to do this .    Any other suggestions or advice?  Also how the hell do I upload pics on here ? I'm pretty computer illiterate .   Been trying to  put pics on but it's so far aluded me lol . I'm just smart enough to know Im Not that smart . But I figure it out .  Anyway   whole point being I feel
Ike Im Leaving something out . Changed oil and filter  when I did cam tensioner . . If you can think of anything let me know I want to be ready for this trip best I possibly can . Oh yeah does anyone have advice on how to spiff up the metal on the bar controls ? Mine are all functional by they are not pretty  been doing all this other stuff figured I should clean her up while I got her apart as I do stuff . Thanks again everyone

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Re: Cross country trip finishing touches hopefully
Reply #1 - 03/23/17 at 07:40:55

Cross country trip... How comfortable is your riding position ?  At 6 ft. I found that EdL's 4" forward controls helped my legs considerably...     A windshield keeps wind, bugs etc. from beating you up too much.  Cool

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 03/23/17 at 07:59:51

I put 20,000 miles on the 05, no windshield.
Got this 02 and it has a windshield. I'll never go back. The fatigue from hanging on at seventy is something to consider. And the noise of the wind smashing on my body, wow, I don't miss that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #3 - 03/23/17 at 09:55:02

Justin,

What about ridin' without bugs on you teeth?

Isn't that half the fun?

Kenny G Undecided

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 03/23/17 at 11:02:24

I started with a visorless helmet and goggles.
Some of the flying bugs are not only drawn to the headlight, they are armor plated. Welts on my face seriously diminished the thrill of the feeling of conquering the elements.
When the guy I bought the Guzzi the owner of the shop asked me
What part of your face do you not like?
Well, the honest answer is, lots of it, but I knew what he was getting at. I asked him what was wrong with my gear and he explained that the face is usually gonna get hurt in a crash. Without a chin bar, you're an odds on favorite for getting hurt. I wear an HJC modular.  And gloves, always..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:45:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cross country trip finishing touches hopefully

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.