Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What is a Savage good for ??? (Read 160 times)
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Re: What is a Savage good for ???
Reply #15 - 03/22/17 at 14:19:19

Kenny G wrote on 03/22/17 at 13:48:26:
mike,

You are welcome.

I know she is going to love that V-Star with the Clever Lever.

Kenny G

I know she will. She's been having a tough time learning the clutch on that bike. She can operate the clutch on my bike no problems so she knows what to do. Even I've managed to stall her bike a few times while getting rolling from a stop. There's like only a 1/4" of travel during engagement. The remaining 2.5" of travel is dead air. Can't imagine why they would produce a bike with such a dreadful control.

Over the Fall her Brother in law and I whipped up a foot brake pedal extension for her and it's working like a charm. She has a fused ankle and cannot twist her foot inboard to hit the OEM pedal at all. Now she's got plenty of pedal in reach with her foot at its natural angle.
With this clutch lever and those crash bars she's going to be in real good shape this season!
I think I need to look at adjusting her shocks though. I think the previous owner was a much heavier gal and set them stiff to accommodate her bulk. My other half is a little tiny bug sized person, she needs softer shocks.

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 20:27:47

General CategoryThe Cafe › What is a Savage good for ???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.