GT61 TURBO ZX14

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota
Re: 25T Kawasaki Pulley
Reply #60 - 01/18/18 at 17:32:50

Got it today

20180118_192718.jpg

Out of all the things I treasure most my mind is what I miss the most.
  IP Logged
TestPro

Show up, shut up,
catch up!

Florida
Reply #61 - 01/19/18 at 11:08:05

Received the pulley, nice work.

Cheers,

TestPro
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #62 - 01/19/18 at 11:24:26

TestPro wrote on 01/19/18 at 11:08:05:
Received the pulley, nice work.

You'll like it even more once you get it mounted.....and go for a ride! Smiley

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Rodger

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #63 - 01/19/18 at 16:23:52

Dropped my check in the mail on 15 January, Dave. Please let me know when you receive it...thanks.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #64 - 01/25/18 at 04:58:59

All pulleys have been shipped, Rodger and Bobber will get their pulleys by Monday, Jan. 29th.

I have 1 completed pulley left in this batch that is unsold and available.

IP Logged
Bobber

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #65 - 01/25/18 at 17:02:35

Thanks Dave, looking forward to it!

Regards,

Bobber

IP Logged
Rodger

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #66 - 01/25/18 at 17:33:40

Cool! Thanks for the update, Dave

Update: package arrived, guess I know what's on my weekend agenda!  Smiley

« Last Edit: 01/26/18 at 15:04:48 by Rodger »  
  IP Logged
TestPro

Show up, shut up,
catch up!

Florida
Reply #67 - 03/03/18 at 09:20:10

Just an update...
Installed the pulley and after a slight break in went for some log rides. Here in South FL there are a lot of long straight roads that "Milwaukee's finest" like to blow you off as they pass. Well, the "bagger boogie" will never change but I have been getting a few "what the hell is that" when parked. Seems they have to use just a bit more throttle as they pass. The pulley has made my "half Harley" cruise at a respectable speed with a loot less RPMs. Recommend this upgrade to anybody with the desire to step up the long rides.

Cheers,

TestPro
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #68 - 11/05/18 at 03:46:04

Armen came through and made a couple of pulleys to take up the slack until winter sets in and I can get into the garage.  I cleaned them up and powder coated them, and both sets will include the screws.  I currently only have 1 lock washer - I have ordered more (if you get the pulley before I receive my new washers, I will mail it as soon as it arrives).

Same $165 includes shipping to the mainland 48 states.

IP Logged
Mechaniac
YaBB Newbies

Lisa

Magnolia, Texas, USA
Reply #69 - 11/06/18 at 20:44:05

Is there any price adjustment if one has a good core pulley to send you?

Thanks,
Venron

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #70 - 11/07/18 at 02:51:29

Mechaniac wrote on 11/06/18 at 20:44:05:
Is there any price adjustment if one has a good core pulley to send you?

Thanks,
Venron

Sure....and if you don't want it cleaned, powder coated and made pretty, that could save you money as well.  I have to first soak the pulleys in gasoline too loosen up the oil and dirt, then a few hours in the ultrasonic cleaner, then a good scrubbing, then a bath in acid to remove any traces of oil and etch the surface so the powder will stick, then a short bake in the oven to make sure it is completely dry, and then powder coating and curing in the oven....it takes a long time to get them cleaned and powder coated.

I pay up to $50 on eBay for used pulleys and shipping.  Part of the whole process also involves driving 1 hour round trip to the only hardware store that I can buy the panhead screws, ordering the lock washers from Suzuki, watching eBay and buy/pay for the pulleys as part of the cost, and making mailing labels and packing everything up and driving to the Post Office - but it all takes time.  I buy the lock washers and screw sets in batches of 10.....and sometimes that causes a real problem for Suzuki as even they don't seem to stock that many in their warehouse at one time.

If you want me to do your pulley - if you send it to me I can do it for $120.  Without cleanup and powder coating it would be $90.

IP Logged
Mechaniac
YaBB Newbies

Lisa

Magnolia, Texas, USA
Reply #71 - 11/07/18 at 05:13:40

Thank you for the thorough reply Dave, it clears things up well.  Please don't think I would like to beat you out of money, I appreciate your efforts on this mod and feel you should be rewarded.  I wouldn't have known to do it and what to look for if not for you.  I only sought out a decent one myself because you were in a out of stock period and it is something I can have done with my contacts etc.  But when I see you had a couple available I know the value of time saved to just swap out with you.  I run an auto shop and many friends and long time customers know I can restore or build custom powertrains that fulfill a purpose very well but I've started curtailing that due to the fact that it takes too much time away from everything else and the profit level isn't on par with a brake job on a Hyundai.  If you're caught up with your Summertime things and ready to go back into your workshop I'll be glad to send mine to you for the rework and pay you, it's still probably the best value short of doing it myself which I can't fully.  I need to get going to work but I'll get with you soon.

Reguards,
Vernon

IP Logged
Mechaniac
YaBB Newbies

Lisa

Magnolia, Texas, USA
Reply #72 - 11/07/18 at 19:20:42

I received you PM Dave but I'm to new on the forum to reply.  I will send you my pulleys for a full rework with a note concerning an alternate rear pulley source to see what you think.

Thanks

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #73 - 11/11/18 at 03:51:07

Mechaniac wrote on 11/07/18 at 19:20:42:
I received you PM Dave but I'm to new on the forum to reply.  I will send you my pulleys for a full rework with a note concerning an alternate rear pulley source to see what you think.

Thanks

OK - The only alternate rear pulley that I know of right now, is the KZ750 pulley.  It has a nice gearing change - but it is cast iron and does add a few pounds of weight to the rear wheel.  Badwolf and I run our's all the time - MM uses his now and then. It does require a fair amount of work to get it working on the Savage - but is worthwhile if you do a lot of highway riding at 70 mph.

IP Logged
Armen
Serious Thumper

Half-Witted
Wrench-Jockey from
Jersey

Reply #74 - 11/11/18 at 11:47:00

Another way to achieve taller gearing is going to a larger rear wheel. I'm running an 18" on mine in place of the stock 15". I did have to modify the swingarm to clear the tire.
-Armen

In theory, theory and reality are the same. In reality, they aren't...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 23:24:20

General CategoryThe Marketplace › 25T Kawasaki Pulley

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.