Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mystery nozzles after CS-1 build (fixed!) (Read 44 times)
mconigliaro
YaBB Newbies

Mystery nozzles after CS-1 build (fixed!)
03/17/17 at 17:24:36

After finishing my CS-1 this week, I noticed that there are a bunch of nozzles on the carburetor and elsewhere that used to have hoses attached to them (I think some of them went into the airbox), but I'm not sure what to do with them now (apologies if I missed something really obvious in the Ryca docs).

I'm pretty sure one of these is used to create a vacuum for the stock petcock. Since I already replaced mine with a Raptor 660, I assume I don't need this anymore, so I stuck a vacuum cap on it. Is this the right thing to do?

There are two other nozzles on the carburetor (one on each side) that look like they go down to the float bowl. I've seen other Ryca builds where it looked like these were capped, but when I did it, I suddenly had gas leaking out of my air filter (this happened both times I tried it). Am I missing something, or should I just leave them alone?

The last one I'm not sure about is on the top/right/front side of the motor, and is much bigger than the ones on the carburetor. I realized something was up when I noticed it was spraying a little bit of oil on the bottom of my fuel tank. I was going to cap it, but after taking a closer look at some other Ryca builds, it seems like a lot of people just leave the hose on there with what looks like a mini air filter dangling from it. Looking in the Ryca store, I think this is a "Crankcase Breather Filter." Was my kit supposed to come with one of these? I don't think I got one, which is surprising, because I can't find any mention of this in the Ryca docs at all, but the store describes it as "a must when removing stock airboxes/filters and installing aftermarket pod filters."

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Mystery nozzles after CS-1 build (vacuum cap?)
Reply #1 - 03/17/17 at 18:10:07

The one on the right front is the vacuum port for the petcock....cap it.

The big one on the left front of the cylinder head is the breather port for the engine - definitely don't cap that one.  Most RYCA folks put a hose on it that is long enough to reach the back of the cylinder, and put a filter on it.  I would most likely run it under the engine so I don't have to look at it.

The two ports on the top of the carb...at the back....see this thread.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1489087427

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
mconigliaro
YaBB Newbies

Re: Mystery nozzles after CS-1 build (vacuum cap?)
Reply #2 - 03/17/17 at 18:17:17

Awesome, thank you!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 17:30:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Mystery nozzles after CS-1 build (fixed!)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.