All bundled up (Read 78 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
All bundled up
03/14/17 at 08:06:50

I finally get a chance to ride this week but yesterday I can't ride because my battery is dead. Got new battery last night. So I am riding the rest of the week. Yesterday morning it was 52 degrees but warmed up to upper 60's. No worries, not that cold.

This morning as I am leaving the house it is 44 degrees. I have on jeans, a shirt and a sweater as I get the bike out of the garage. It is cool and I say to myself, "Leather jacket should be enough" but I think dang my legs are going to be cold. So I put on the insulated riding pants and start sweating even before I get out of the house. I get on the bike and I am thinking, "man this is hot, maybe I should just take these off". But I need to get going so I just leave. Riding through the neighborhood and stopping to get gas, i'm hot. Finally I get to the highway and after about 3 or 4 minutes at highway speeds I am so thankful I bundled up with the insulated pants, leather jacket and scarf to keep the throat warm. Dang it, I still need good cold weather gloves though. Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Re: All bundled up
Reply #1 - 03/14/17 at 09:37:33

Get mittens made for snowmobiling.  

Kenny G

IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #2 - 03/14/17 at 10:11:05

Welcome to my world! Grin  I've got an old pair of wool lined leather dress gloves that work great.  

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #3 - 03/14/17 at 10:47:56

I actually tried wearing my non-motorcycle winter gloves (see picture) which kept my hands quite warm, but they felt slippery and the lever and throttle feel was not good. So I took them off at the gas station and put on my regular leather gloves. Yeah, my hands were a bit cold on the ride in but I felt much more secure with the controls.

gloves.jpg

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #4 - 03/14/17 at 10:59:27

I'm with Kenny G.,snowmobile  mittens, wind doesn't blow between your fingers ,you only need thumbs for the controls,and they have gauntlets to keep wind from blowing up your sleeves.that's what I've used ,all leather,no grip problems.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #5 - 03/14/17 at 13:11:37

Thanks. I guess leather makes all the difference. I just did not feel in control with those gloves on.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #6 - 03/14/17 at 13:37:37

Yep, on the East Coast this strange last minute Blizzard System has brought temps that dropped from running in the low 70s in the day down to the LOW 20's at night.  

The plant life is taking it in the neck, expect oranges and peaches to be a bit more scarce this year as they are all getting frost nipped last night and tonight after greening out good.

Crazy weather, to be sure.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 03/14/17 at 14:22:44

springman wrote on 03/14/17 at 10:47:56:
I actually tried wearing my non-motorcycle winter gloves (see picture) which kept my hands quite warm, but they felt slippery and the lever and throttle feel was not good. So I took them off at the gas station and put on my regular leather gloves. Yeah, my hands were a bit cold on the ride in but I felt much more secure with the controls.

Stop and get some sno-proof on the way home.
but other leather dressing will work as well.
just got to fill up the pores to keep the wind from blowing thru.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 03/14/17 at 14:29:55

The protocol for RedWing waterproof boots is
pure silicone oil. Stopping flow through the material is important. A big pistol carrier opened up with the fuzzy stuff on the chest, vinyl out, really makes a difference.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #9 - 03/14/17 at 14:35:26

what happened to the pistol?

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #10 - 03/14/17 at 14:40:30

Now now,  that's not done --- asking an old man "what happened to your pistol?"

Respect, gotta have some respect ....   (else they won't give you any when your time comes)

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #11 - 03/14/17 at 14:44:43

There is no rule against buying a new carrier after an experiment with the old one proves it's a bit of the cold weather kit.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #12 - 03/14/17 at 15:19:49

I have silicone waterproofing spray at home. I'll give that a try.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 18:28:02

General CategoryThe Cafe › All bundled up

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.