Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Re: New 2017 S40?
Reply #30 - 03/14/17 at 20:09:01

N'Slow,

I like dirt track racing too and I am anxious to see if Harley can get the new water cooled engine sorted out. It looks like Indian is doing real well with their new racer....

Kenny G

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Re: grand national 2017-18
Reply #31 - 03/14/17 at 20:23:23

buster6315 wrote on 03/14/17 at 20:08:47:
Where can one get info on the race results?

You can watch a video of the final 2016 the race here:

http://www.fanschoice.tv/american-flat-track/player/flat-track/2016-ramspur-w...

Fanschoicetv live streams all the AMA Flatttrack races. You can watch them on your computer. Google Fanschoice tv and go to their home page.

The first 2017 race is this Thursday - The Daytona TT.

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Reply #32 - 03/14/17 at 23:00:19

N'Slow

I watched that video and that is really something. I think I saw Ray Texter's granddaughter on the line up.

Kenny G

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #33 - 03/15/17 at 04:53:09

Kenny G wrote on 03/14/17 at 23:00:19:
N'Slow

I watched that video and that is really something. I think I saw Ray Texter's granddaughter on the line up.

Kenny G

Yes.    Shayna Texter # 52. Her brother Cory, # 65 also races in that series. At one of the races last year, I can't remember which one, one of the half mles I think, the two of them were both on the grid for the main event. First brother and sister to ever do that.

Back in 2013, when Shayna was racing in the singles class, she won the Indy mile. Since moving up to the twins she's struggled a bit. The twins are a real handful compared to the singles though. They are heavier and more powerful. And Shayna is tiny. 5' tall and I'd be surprised if she weighs 100 pounds. She still can ride the h*ll out of a motorcycle though.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #34 - 03/15/17 at 05:03:28

Leah Sumpineruther and Brittany Force were the double a fueller finalists recently. And this little gal is kikkin butt. SMH at the oppression of wimminz.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Reply #35 - 03/15/17 at 06:49:22

N'Slow,

Ray Texter was Prince Of A Guy and he treated his employees better than any dealer I ever knew. I bought my first brand new Harley Sportster from Ray & Bill Miller in the summer of 1960. XLCH $1340.00 plus $5.00 for license.

The good old days.

Kenny G

IP Logged
buster6315

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

santa rosa mile
Reply #36 - 03/15/17 at 07:01:15

Wow what a final lap!

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #37 - 03/15/17 at 07:25:54

Kenny G wrote on 03/15/17 at 06:49:22:
N'Slow,

Ray Texter was Prince Of A Guy and he treated his employees better than any dealer I ever knew. I bought my first brand new Harley Sportster from Ray & Bill Miller in the summer of 1960. XLCH $1340.00 plus $5.00 for license.

The good old days.

Kenny G

The grandkids are good people too. I was lucky enough to get a chance to speak with them briefly at the New York half mile last summer. They are good ambassadors for the sport. One of the nice features of the Flat Track series is that the pits are opened to the spectators between qualifying and the heat races. You can wander around, check out the bikes, talk to the riders. Most of the racers make a real effort to be accessible to the fans. I like checking out the bikes up close almost as much as I do the racing.

This just popped up on Cycle World. The bike that Cory Texter will be racing at Daytona tomorrow.

http://www.cycleworld.com/setting-up-kawasaki-twin-to-go-tt-racing-in-2017#pa...

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Reply #38 - 03/15/17 at 13:09:36

N'Slow,

I see Don's Kawasaki from Hellam PA and Lancaster Honda are listed on the van as Cory's sponsers My family has spent a lot of money at those two places over the years. Both Don's and Lancaster Honda were good places to deal.

Kenny G

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #39 - 03/22/17 at 10:11:27

OK.....back to the 2017 Savage topic.

Do any of the EU members know if there is a 2017 Savage being sold in your country?

It is my belief that "all" new 2017 motorcycles in the EU are required to have ABS braking, and they all need to meet the "Euro 4" emission standards.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #40 - 03/22/17 at 10:42:02

I don't think new S40s have been sold in EU countries for a while but I'm not 100% sure of that.

I'm sure they never will be again though

Here is a pretty good rundown on the regs.

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2015/august/interpr...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #41 - 03/22/17 at 11:18:33

Buncha nanny state crap.
They losing a bunch of riders to not having Smart Brakes?
How many BIKES are out there, polluting the world? Just how Awful would it be to just allow them to build and sell?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #42 - 03/22/17 at 12:03:14

Very depressing indeed.

The EU and the ridiculous proliferation of their regulations, by unelected regulators, are having effects on everything. In aviation they wanted to accuse me of cabotage, "for flying myself" since at the time I was flying using a  British passport whilst piloting a US registered aircraft!

I have, perhaps forlorn, hopes that Brexit will help but the British have never been shy of over regulation. :'(

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #43 - 03/22/17 at 12:31:37

norm92de wrote on 03/22/17 at 12:03:14:
Very depressing indeed.

The EU and the ridiculous proliferation of their regulations, by unelected regulators, are having effects on everything. In aviation they wanted to accuse me of cabotage, "for flying myself" since at the time I was flying using a  British passport whilst piloting a US registered aircraft!

I have, perhaps forlorn, hopes that Brexit will help but the British have never been shy of over regulation. :'(

With a French pilot's license?   Huh

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #44 - 03/22/17 at 15:21:28

Cabotage /ˈkębətᵻdʒ/ is the transport of goods or passengers between two places in the same country by a transport operator from another country. It originally applied to shipping along coastal routes, port to port, but now applies to aviation, railways, and road transport as well.

Cabotage rights are the right of a company from one country to trade in another country. In aviation, it is the right to operate within the domestic borders of another country. Most countries do not permit aviation cabotage, and there are strict sanctions against it, for reasons of economic protectionism, national security, or public safety. One notable exception is the European Union, whose Member States all grant cabotage rights to each other.[1]

So, you hauled Yourself? How confewzing..

Exactly how different from driving Yourself
From one place to another is that?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 19:40:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New 2017 S40?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.