Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Super sale on cable-less Bluetooth earbuds (Read 178 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Super sale on cable-less Bluetooth earbuds
03/10/17 at 12:01:52

If your phone is any sort of modern, it supports Bluetooth earbuds.   They normally cost a bunch more $$$ but here is one for $11 on a G7HVVZXQ coupon code at Amazon.  This is less than half the going price for "noise cancelling" rechargeable Bluetooth earbuds.

https://liliputing.com/2017/03/deals-day-3-10-2017.html

This is going to have to be an "at risk" purchase as I won't get mine in time to report fully before the sale  has ended.   I will report, but may be too late I suspect.   They look like they would work good with a half helmet (replacing the ear plugs) but the question is the fit underneath a full helmet.  

If these Bluetooth buds do work good, then the cell phone in the handlebar holder GPS trick takes on more and even better new life.

« Last Edit: 03/12/17 at 12:10:35 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Super sale on cable-less Bluetooth earbuds
Reply #1 - 03/12/17 at 12:09:16

The earbuds are here, they fit inside the ear and behind it in a flush fashion that can go with a full helmet very nicely -- the foam pushes the earbud in flush and holds it there gently.  This is great for cutting down on bike and road noise even more and it makes sure you can hear your routing instructions very clearly.  Or your music, should you start playing some on a long trip.   Or your e-book, should you get all bored at camp.

Pleasant surprise is that the $11 buds are rechargeable, not the little flat battery eater style.   Paring is easy and so far seems to not require redoing.

It is the year before last $70 ear buds, which are being sold off for a coupon coded $11 in inventory reduction in preparation for a new generation of even better BlueTooth 5.0 stuff.   Be aware these are Bluetooth 4.1 which works well with what is out there right now as back compatibility in Bluetooth is fairly consistent and good, so more modern phones will still sinc just fine with this slightly older tech.

BEWARE:   you have to learn how to use the bluetooth technology as it isn't self-explanatory at all.  
Next, you have to learn how to use your phone to a deeper depth as well.  

Lastly, remember you can only sync or marry ONE (1) phone to your earbuds at a time.

I got gotcha'd big time by not knowing this little nugget, but I got past it eventually.   Trying to marry up to two phones at the same time resulted in NO CONNECTION and a lot of communications troubles even when the other phone was out of the picture.

...... just like a jealous woman, huh?

« Last Edit: 03/13/17 at 13:02:27 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #2 - 03/12/17 at 14:31:54

Things done with the J&L bluetooth earbuds, phone in breast pocket (no touching allowed, phone screen was on).
This was mocking using the phone up on the handlebars in the phone holder (plugged in and on endless charge) as a bike GPS unit.

OK Google .... "Call Nancy" (my wife)  ....it worked

OK Google .... "Navigate to Cheola Point, Santeetlah Lake NC"  ....it worked

This tech is sorta neat, and it seems to work pretty well off the stored Google maps too.

This is a good $11 well spent as the plain old wired earphones cost $10-15 and are always breaking the wires at the connections due to the wind whipping the wires about mercilessly into separate pieces.

« Last Edit: 03/12/17 at 22:14:27 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 03/13/17 at 07:11:39

I gotta admit, even a Luddite like me can see how much easier it is to poke a button than fold a map up.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #4 - 03/13/17 at 10:25:55

Great bargain for those that use these. I, for one. do not wear anything (music, phone) in my ears other than ear plugs on long rides.

As I ride more (get older) and think about being safe, I realized that when I listened to music I started to mentally drift and start daydreaming.  Can't remember if something specific happened or just a culmination of catching myself daydreaming over and over again, but I nixed earphones about a year ago.  

It is hard enough to be safe and get home unscathed as it is. I don't want to be at fault for an accident one day because I could have avoided a potential accident had I been sharper with regards to my attention to the situation.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #5 - 03/13/17 at 12:31:02

I don't like modern music for much, but I have been known to watch an older female vocalist music video or two    ......   but not while riding.

Grin

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 03/13/17 at 12:33:22

No radio, nothing
Camping
Riding

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #7 - 03/13/17 at 13:06:39

When I ride my FZ I like to listen to music because the bike is so dull. However when I ride my cafe racer I need to listen closely for parts falling off - so no music.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #8 - 03/13/17 at 15:16:09

Gary_in_NJ wrote on 03/13/17 at 13:06:39:
When I ride my FZ I like to listen to music because the bike is so dull. However when I ride my cafe racer I need to listen closely for parts falling off - so no music.

SAY WHAT ? ?. 😎🏍

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #9 - 03/13/17 at 16:43:22

The sounds of cracking bracketry .....   busting welds .....

Roll Eyes       Jim, she's breaking up in there !!!   Captain, she's gonna blow -- we canna hold warp 11 for verra long ....

« Last Edit: 03/14/17 at 06:09:15 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #10 - 03/14/17 at 05:32:11

I don't listen to the radio.....but I do have a Bluetooth helmet headset that lets me answer my phone......and more importantly get route instructions from the Iphone GPS.

Getting verbal route instructions is really helpful when navigating in unknown areas....maps aren't very handy on a bike....even if you tankbag has a clear map pocket - it is difficult to read while riding.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #11 - 03/14/17 at 07:29:05

Dave wrote on 03/14/17 at 05:32:11:
I don't listen to the radio.....but I do have a Bluetooth helmet headset that lets me answer my phone......and more importantly get route instructions from the Iphone GPS.
  YEP
Getting verbal route instructions is really helpful when navigating in unknown areas....maps aren't very handy on a bike....even if you tankbag has a clear map pocket - it is difficult to read while riding.  

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #12 - 03/14/17 at 07:33:46

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 03/13/17 at 16:43:22:

The sounds of cracking bracketry .....   busting welds .....

Roll Eyes       Jim, she's breaking up in there !!!   Captain, she's gonna blow -- we canna hold warp 11 for verra long ....

Music for my heart !   Grin Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 20:23:10

General CategoryThe Cafe › Super sale on cable-less Bluetooth earbuds

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.