Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Daytona Beach Bike Week (Read 314 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Daytona Beach Bike Week
Reply #15 - 03/12/17 at 14:38:27

Zuk and Lancer corrupted and trained both you and me.   Toymaker was self-corrupting (kinda like Zeb was).

We all took turns corrupting Dave.

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Srotag

Have  Thumper  
  Will  Travel

Wherever it is warm and sunny
Reply #16 - 03/12/17 at 18:07:48

Here for a couple of weeks at Flagler Beach... new batt in today before the rain and wind started.

Better wx by Wed  we hope.   Cool Cool

2005 S40 Ridin' on the back of our motorhome...Where we go, so goes Thumper Smiley Smiley
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #17 - 03/12/17 at 18:33:34

Hey Buckeye, I understand. The time I went to the dragon I guess I was lucky cause I do not remember too many crotch rockets on those days. The only time I really felt uncomfortable and I pulled over was when a group of idiots driving Miatas started to whiz by. My riding was fairly spirited, at least for me, and my greatest concern was not someone from behind but rather someone coming the other way. I had great fun, but you cannot deny there is an element of danger there.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #18 - 03/13/17 at 05:30:53

I really like the Dragon - it a very fun road to ride when there is light traffic, and a very entertaining circus when the crowds arrive.

The Dragon is a great ride some days....not so good other days and it is best to stay away when it gets too crowded.  We were in the area one weekend the Ford Mustang club was there....too big of cars and too much horsepower for a tight road like the Dragon - you could see their front tires rolled over and scrubbing off rubber in the tight curves.....I am sure there were a lot of folks drifting over the center line that weekend.  We stayed away when the Mustang club was awake and driving the road......since it is a club they tended to stick together - so they were easy to keep track of.  Another weekend it was the Honda Civic guys....and also the Miata guys.    

Early on any morning, late Sunday afternoon, or the middle of the week the Dragon has light traffic.  When we stay at the Kickstand we can get rolling and ride the Dragon before the sport bike guys get their Starbucks.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #19 - 03/14/17 at 06:47:16

I like the Dragon road just fine (in smaller doses as I get older).   Sitting on the benches drinking a Dew while watching the girls is fine too.   The guys and their bikes are interesting too.

Staying at the Dragon Lodge as a trip base, we have been there and done that.   There are other places to stay that offer a lot better bang for the bucks and the Dragon Lodge also has a bad repeat habit of hitting you up for violating their little  "rules" that allow them to tack on $40-60 at the very end of a group stay, a dirty trick I really don't care for.

If you want a tight arsed curly road with much less traffic,  Hwy 32 has over double the distance and turns that the Dragon has.

I'm getting older, the riding experience on the Cherohala Skyway is more to my taste now.

Group stays at Blue Ridge or Kickstand are much better/relaxing, IMHO.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #20 - 03/14/17 at 08:08:54

Dang Oldfeller, are you mellowing out??? Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #21 - 03/14/17 at 08:46:07

Hwy 32 runs through a few states.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #22 - 03/14/17 at 09:16:46

I am still subject to relapses .....    especially on roads like this.     This is a Tennessee state road  32 not the big long Interstate 32.

Some of you guys are going to age out without ever coming up to the mountains to ride with the group.

This will wind up being a regretted thing, I do believe.
« Last Edit: 03/14/17 at 13:17:30 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Screenshot_at_2017-03-14_16-06-49.jpeg

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #23 - 03/14/17 at 14:03:41

That's a great looking road. I'd like to see those mountains. Way east side of the state..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #24 - 03/14/17 at 14:41:51

No, west side at the NC / Tennessee boarder on I-40.    

If you made it up for Kickstand you could put in a special request, or it would be a natural normal type run for a future Blue Ridge Campground trip should one happen.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #25 - 03/14/17 at 15:20:28

Having trouble getting homed in. Got a town name?

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #26 - 03/14/17 at 15:28:13

Get on I-40 at Asheville, track north to Tennessee.   At the NC/Tennessee state line, zoom in until you can see Hwy 32, it is a little road that accesses I-40 within 500 feet of the NC/Tennessee border.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #27 - 03/14/17 at 16:50:23

That's a Long ride..

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #28 - 03/14/17 at 17:46:18

JOG

Stop by Lynchburg ,Tn. and rest-up for a day .   Then we'll go over there together .  Wink     No need for a tent , if ya OK with a couch.    Robbinsville NC. is only a short days ride from here.  

The ride from Houston Tx . is 850 ish miles , but there are  Free campgrounds on the Natchez Trace Parkway (nice places) .  

Same deal on the way back !

Adventure to tell the Grand kids about !   Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #29 - 03/14/17 at 18:27:38

Bust it up into 2 each ~400~ mile sections to get to MM's place.   Use the free camping site tool to find free camping.

https://freecampsites.net/

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 20:27:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › Daytona Beach Bike Week

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.