Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Cross country and back on a 1986 savage. (Read 955 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Cross country and back on a 1986 savage.
Reply #45 - 03/16/17 at 13:54:25

nclude a new locking tab and the needed screws with the lower heads.

I didn't see where to use those bolts.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #46 - 03/16/17 at 18:15:59

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/16/17 at 13:54:25:
nclude a new locking tab and the needed screws with the lower heads.

I didn't see where to use those bolts.

The short screw goes on the oil seal retainer....just above the output shaft.  The longer one goes on the bottom of the cover over the internal shift linkage.....you should check down there and see if your belt is clearing the head on that existing screw......you can tell if the screw head has been made shiny (the new screw has as shorter head).

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #47 - 03/16/17 at 21:12:02

I'll touch the inside of the belt.
I don't Wanna go back in..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #48 - 03/17/17 at 02:40:50

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/16/17 at 21:12:02:
I'll touch the inside of the belt.
I don't Wanna go back in..

The top one most likely isn't rubbing - or you would hear it.  The bottom one most likely can be replaced without removing anything, and it is the one that can rub the belt.  Lean the bike over against the wall on the right side, and look at the underside of the belt, and see if the  screw head shows signs of rubbing.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #49 - 03/17/17 at 09:08:04

Roger, Wilco..
A piece of paper with the parts to alert the clods like me might be a consideration.
I'm heading to the shop, Now,

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #50 - 03/17/17 at 09:41:10

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/17/17 at 09:08:04:
A piece of paper with the parts to alert the clods like me might be a consideration.

I thought I had given you the link to Stewmills install thread.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1484806731

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #51 - 03/17/17 at 10:52:56

Hey, don't go trying to dodge blame here..
I'm sure you did. I'm Equally certain I didn dewwit! Which, naturally, is your fault too.

You Do know I'm the guy who First tries, Then Reads directions, right?
I didn't See a reason to. It Looked good, I didn't even think about any rubbin and touchin.

IP Logged
DeadKings
YaBB Newbies

Single Thumper Fan

Portland Oregon
Reply #52 - 03/17/17 at 11:13:09

I'm kinda the that guy too ( first try and then read directions ) but seems like you guys have done most of the heavy lifting for me . I'm just trying to peace it all together .      Today is officially two months till we leave for  the cross country . I'm excited as hell but really a bit nervous  I won't get everything I want done in time .  Trying to keep it from being alot of  last minute rushing but that's life right .  

Dave your the guy that makes the Kawi pulleys for the swap right ?  When you get a chance can you please message or email me so I  can order one from you  as soon as your able .  Thanks

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #53 - 03/18/17 at 08:04:17

Leave you guys alone and.... Grin (The way JOG is avoiding responsibility for his own silliness, you would think that he is a California college student........)  
Batman: I'm taking the Torque and Power readings off the dyno sheets from the dyno run I did...       Note that I live in central New Mexico. Long (20+ mile) straights at 5 to 8 thousand feet above sea level.  Comfort level is 60MPH because a) I enjoy the scenery and b) I have no desire to find myself in a "right of way" dispute with a prong horn (already happened), or any form of semi-domesticated critter. And have you seen how big those elk are???? And there are a sh*t load of them in those herds out here......  Shocked

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #54 - 03/18/17 at 08:24:20

MY Rusponsibillity?
As IF! I have no responsibility to just Open a link. Dave was Supposed to Spoon feed me that information. And you're trying to just Lay it all on me, the Texan.
I'm heading out to the Safe Space and check out my How to get your pound of flesh
legal books. I'm just Sure there's a hate crime up in there somewhere.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #55 - 03/18/17 at 14:04:14

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/18/17 at 08:24:20:
MY Rusponsibillity?
As IF! I have no responsibility to just Open a link. Dave was Supposed to Spoon feed me that information. And you're trying to just Lay it all on me, the Texan.
I'm heading out to the Safe Space and check out my How to get your pound of flesh
legal books. I'm just Sure there's a hate crime up in there somewhere.

Ahhhh ..... Mmmmmm ......🙃

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #56 - 03/18/17 at 14:11:51

I think I just saw a snowflake melt in the upper atmosphere..

I'm just gonna dry my teddy bear,, you know, they just don't handle tears as well as the cotton stuffed ones. I got no Use for polyester.

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #57 - 03/19/17 at 10:40:40

DeadKings:  To help to make sense of all the discussion regarding gearing, (and FYI I have/ use the tach on MY bike), factory specs quote the LS650/S40 at 31HP @ 5,400 RPM and 30.5 ft. lbs. torque @ 3400RPMs.    In FIFTH gear (you have a 4 speed, so this will be for comparison ONLY) with a 140/90-15 rear tire, 60 MPH= 3,940 RPM. Changing to the 25 tooth front pulley, 60 MPH = 3,661 RPM.    Now a reduction of 280 RPM might not sound like much, but it does represent a reduction in engine stress and an improvement in MPG.  When you are looking at a 5,000+ mile trip every little bit helps....

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #58 - 03/20/17 at 19:30:31

Old Indian ,I can't fault you for wanting to cruse at slower speeds due to critter clusters. I'm in the boonies myself, last night  after dark I passed 5 deer on the side of the road ,4 crossed in front of me ,1 porcupine and two cross road snowmobile trails ,on a drive of 5 miles. Seed limit 55 ,my speed limit 45.While it's true that your MPG has increased and you don't have stop as often for fuel, and your reserve lasts longer ,are both a  plus ,your high compression motor requires 91 octane rather than 87 so there's little savings in fuel cost.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
DeadKings
YaBB Newbies

Single Thumper Fan

Portland Oregon
Reply #59 - 03/20/17 at 19:48:07

So I am gonna be ordering the Kawi front pulley for my 86 .  In the next few days and have to go to the DMV tomorrow to get new plates tags and registration . I didn't tighten down the liscense  bolts when I pulled everything apart and painted the saddlebags . Pretty sure it came off on i5 south crossing the border from Washington to Oregon going about 60  but not sure . So to dmv I go and give them the money I had planned to use for my 99 Kawi front pulley . Oh well there's always next month. I guess I'll be the first person to install a Kawi pulley on a 4 speed . Can't wait to see what the difference will be

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 10:30:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cross country and back on a 1986 savage.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.