Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Cheapo Tire Cleaning. (Read 179 times)
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Re: Cheapo Tire Cleaning.
Reply #15 - 03/15/17 at 13:54:16

Check out this video of a tire treatment that just showed up on my Facebook - from one, if not THE, leading hi-end automotive detail shops in the country - from Columbus, OH.

http://news.esotericcarcare.com/video-series-gyeon-q2-tire/

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
T140V
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 03/21/17 at 11:50:08

I remember reading an article about tire compounds. One of the ingredients used in the rubber is paraffin wax in order to lubricate the rubber. If you put any type of cleaning agent on the tire you wash out the wax that is impregnated I n the rubber. Tire manufacturers suggest use a stiff bristle brush only to clean your tire's. The brushing technique will pull up the wax in the rubber and give it a slight shine. If the tire's are old and cracking the wax doesn't pull out as well.i use a cheap wooden paint brush from the hardware store and I cut the bristles down to a 1/4" to stiffin up the brush. I scrub back and forth until the shine comes out. Cool

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #17 - 03/21/17 at 17:21:57

Great technique. I may have to try that.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #18 - 03/24/17 at 11:14:35

T140V wrote on 03/21/17 at 11:50:08:
I remember reading an article about tire compounds. One of the ingredients used in the rubber is paraffin wax in order to lubricate the rubber. If you put any type of cleaning agent on the tire you wash out the wax that is impregnated I n the rubber. Tire manufacturers suggest use a stiff bristle brush only to clean your tire's. The brushing technique will pull up the wax in the rubber and give it a slight shine. If the tire's are old and cracking the wax doesn't pull out as well.i use a cheap wooden paint brush from the hardware store and I cut the bristles down to a 1/4" to stiffin up the brush. I scrub back and forth until the shine comes out. Cool

I have heard similar, but the problem is, is that you will wear down your tires before you ever come close to doing what you are describing.  Or...they will get too old before then.

I think the worst thing for tires is being exposed to UV rays.  That's why they sell covers for the wheels on camping trailers at campsites.  The other is being parked on plain dirt for long periods of time.

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:34:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cheapo Tire Cleaning.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.