Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone know a thing or two about jet ski? (Read 40 times)
Chase

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cape May NJ
Anyone know a thing or two about jet ski?
03/07/17 at 15:03:51

i have a offer for my 1988 Savage even trade for a 1995 seadoo gts 600 cc jet ski with trailer.

It looks like a decent deal as the best I have found for buying the ski online was 2k and I was selling the bike for 1k what I just have invested in it.

I am on east coast in cape may and the guy is a coast guard guy wanting to get a motorcycle when he moves to the west coast. He is moving next month so wants to get deal done soon I have no knowledge of jet skis but am not planning on moving and live near ocean I should have one lol and I do have 2 savages so will still have my favorite of my two bikes as well. What do you all think?

In progress bob : Z bars, Versy Adjuster, Drag pipes, Biltwell Slimline seat, Mini Batt, KN Filter, 454 front pulley mod.
  IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Re: Anyone know a thing or two about jet ski?
Reply #1 - 03/07/17 at 16:49:51

Do what you think's right. Get the ski inspected by a ski mechanic. If you get a bad one, it's a monumental money pit. Personally I can't stand em. I'd rather drive my inboard small block ski boat.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #2 - 03/07/17 at 16:54:31

An 88 ? did you import it?

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Chase

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cape May NJ
Reply #3 - 03/07/17 at 18:42:14

2nd owner I don't believe he imported it but it may have been

In progress bob : Z bars, Versy Adjuster, Drag pipes, Biltwell Slimline seat, Mini Batt, KN Filter, 454 front pulley mod.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #4 - 03/08/17 at 06:40:18

I had a 1995(?) Yamaha VXR Pro for several years and it was a lot of fun, but the fun wore off fast. Luckily I had a friend with a lake house so I never had to trailer it around, but even with it being right there at the lake I never used it as much as I thought I would.  I got it for $425 (steal at the time) and learned a little. I had issues with the ignition switch rusting out and had to repair that with hard to find parts. Had an issue withe cracked fiberglass at the engine bay hinges that I repaired, had to clean the carb a lot from it siting up at the lake for long periods, didn't have a battery tender so I had to constantly wait on it to charge before riding it, had a small impeller gasket leak that I never fixed, etc.

Moral to the story is if you don't know much about them, get someone that does to take a look and seek out those hard to detect and expensive and time consuming issues that could need repair. I got lucky and most of my issues were minor and I learned a few things, but sold it to my brother and rarely ever wish I had another one because I know it would sit up and get ridden maybe 3 times a year.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 03/08/17 at 07:39:07

I rode one once, for about ten minutes. From the dirt, it Looks Thrilling. If someone gave me one, I'd take it to the lake this spring and sell it. And go buy a bike or something.
If you can trade up, it's Gotta be Serviceable, and Spring is upon us, you can go play with it, have fun, sell it, buy another Savage, and have money for stuff.. If it's healthy, and you can make money, why not?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 05:20:22

General CategoryThe Cafe › Anyone know a thing or two about jet ski?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.