HR 861 (Read 138 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
HR 861
03/06/17 at 18:13:53

Fantastic!

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Re: HR 861
Reply #1 - 03/06/17 at 18:44:40

I know you all might be happy, but I still remember Love Canal near Buffalo.  No, I do not think the individual states have the power to fight a major chemical, war machine building, oil, coal or even Nuclear power plant owner.  Partially, as is so obvious, those major money companies "help" elect the local officials. There needs to be a strong power to keep them in line.

So far, two headed green frogs, the Church nor local environmental groups have been too successful.  As we just watched here in Oswego County NY, a nuc plant owner was going to shut down because it wasn't profitable enough and the governor decided the tax payers should pay them to maintain the plant(s) thru increased power bills.  Didn't want to loose the only major business in the county still paying good wages (only now of course the tax payers will be footing the bill).  It never ends,BOHICA. Roll Eyes

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #2 - 03/06/17 at 19:30:11

Trippah wrote on 03/06/17 at 18:44:40:
I know you all might be happy, but I still remember Love Canal near Buffalo.  No, I do not think the individual states have the power to fight a major chemical, war machine building, oil, coal or even Nuclear power plant owner.  Partially, as is so obvious, those major money companies "help" elect the local officials. There needs to be a strong power to keep them in line.

You are right of course. But the EPA no longer serves that function, Whether it ever did is a different debate. The EPA has become one of the abusers, rather than a protector. It has morphed  into a bloated unelected fiefdom that is mostly interested in protecting it's own power and prerogatives, and it needs to be reigned in and purged of its current ideological leadership.  That's why Trump appointed Pruitt.

As far as H.R. 861 goes, it has exactly zero chance of passing.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 03/06/17 at 20:36:22

Yay!!!  I can't wait to light Lake Erie on fire again!!
Yeah, who needs the EPA, right??

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 03/06/17 at 20:52:05

A corporation IN a county , is subject to the State Laws, and it's easier to control an issue with local law enforcement. Local people Know Who to talk to. Local people Elect the people who are supposed to enforce the law. The EPA is a nameless, faceless entity that doesn't have a vested interest in the Little People who live near toxic corporations. The locals are blocked from protecting Their area.
Power To control doesn't mean they will.
How is it you don't think the state can do that job?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #5 - 03/07/17 at 04:32:50

+1 oldNslow & +1 Jog

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 03/07/17 at 07:23:04

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #7 - 03/07/17 at 07:38:43

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 03/07/17 at 07:45:34

Is the EPA perfect?  Nope.  Should it be dismantled?  Nope.

Just like the ACA, it doesn't need to be obliterated, it needs to be fixed.  When (not if) my Savage breaks down, I'm not going to throw it out - I'm gonna fix it.  What's wrong with that?

If you honestly think that our country doesn't need an EPA in some form or fashion, you are truly delusional.

(But hey - when you go to throw away your bike when it gives you problems, send it to me....)

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #9 - 03/07/17 at 08:07:11

1.   The EPA,  is  totally out of  control.  
     and totally worthless, as it stands now.
     Actually causing more harm than good.

2.   The  bill,  probably has  very  little chance of  passing.

3.  Why do it then ?    Cause that bill, and the recent  firing,
will scare the S$hit out of the people at the EPA,
and make most of then, stand up, and  actually  WORK.
The few, that  will “Pretend”, to work.  
Will See the  tremendous  potential,
in the  HUGE   BRIBES,
and be standing their with the Left Hand.
Then,  more,  ‘firing’  needs to take place.

Or, maybe it does pass.
If it does,   no loss.
Another  Agency will be developed,
that contains  people, that  actually WANT   to work.
That actually  WANT, to  Protect he environment,
instead of stuffing their pockets

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #10 - 03/07/17 at 08:30:23

If you do not think that coal controlls the government of KY, or gas the government of OK, or Oil the government of Texas or Alaska you are living in a different world than I am..

Just as it took the power of an entire nation to break up (or at least dent) the racists policies of Blacks to the Back of the Bus, or Boston's white only school districts; sometimes it takes more than a local government can muster to stand up to the demands of the biggest employer in town. NY state just bowed to the Nuclear folks in Oswego County, the VP under the guidance of the Pres, gave into a company to temporarily save a few hundred jobs during their campaign.  There is a pattern. Wink

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 03/07/17 at 09:04:12

Trippah wrote on 03/07/17 at 08:30:23:
If you do not think that coal controlls the government of KY, or gas the government of OK, or Oil the government of Texas or Alaska you are living in a different world than I am..

Just as it took the power of an entire nation to break up (or at least dent) the racists policies of Blacks to the Back of the Bus, or Boston's white only school districts; sometimes it takes more than a local government can muster to stand up to the demands of the biggest employer in town. NY state just bowed to the Nuclear folks in Oswego County, the VP under the guidance of the Pres, gave into a company to temporarily save a few hundred jobs during their campaign.  There is a pattern. Wink

AMEN!!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 03/08/17 at 07:15:47

Well, I'm gonna use a word that has been thrown around a lot.
Fear.
When I have stood against things that just looked like the end result would be regret, I was called   xenophobic, or whatever phobia could be used. We're Looking at Failed attempts by centralized government and saying, Maybe it's time to put the Power closer to the people. And you're afraid of it. When something is not working, trying something new seems reasonable. And THAT was Exactly what I got told to do regarding Bamicare. . .
I could See how it would go, because they were doing everything in their Power to keep details secret. I have been right a few times.
Put regulatory and oversight in the state and county hands. The voters know when they are being listened to.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 03/08/17 at 07:20:20

Well, I'm gonna use a word that has been thrown around a lot.
Fear.
When I have stood against things that just looked like the end result would be regret, I was called   xenophobic, or whatever phobia could be used. We're Looking at Failed attempts by centralized government and saying, Maybe it's time to put the Power closer to the people. And you're afraid of it. When something is not working, trying something new seems reasonable. And THAT was Exactly what I got told to do regarding Bamicare. . .

Jog; that is a fantastic couple of sentences.  I plan on stealing those and claiming them as my own! Great point.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 03/08/17 at 09:18:50

Thanks, and spread it wherever you think it belongs. Not that I expect anyone to have an epiphany and see that They said, but, This has never been tried, and the system is obviously broken, So, we Have to Do Something! Instead of Going Back to what Was working, health care was affordable before They said it needed fixed. Just like education, they sabotaged it.
And JUST LIKE Cloward and Piven said, now we have greater dependence on the government.
But WHY would our elected officials allow such?
Again,
Look at the Historical figures who stated that there is a power that none dare speak ill of above a whisper.
Remember what General Eisenhower said in his farewell speech.
Listen to Charlotte Iserbyt.
Not only our decline is by design, but so was the rise. After we got rich as a nation, the harvest began in earnest.
Read Agenda 21. Who would even suggest such? Like Cloward and Piven, who would write a paper on How to Destroy a Caring Society? And rather than Use that as a Cautionary Tale, it appears that someone is using it as an Operations Manual.
Ohh , but don't listen to me, after all, I was so wrong about the communications being captured. Just WHAT, exactly, do you think that installation in Utah IS?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 04:51:34

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › HR 861

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.