Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Clicking Sound + Poor Idle (Read 111 times)
alisonsup

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Clicking Sound + Poor Idle
02/23/17 at 18:05:36

Hi
Recently my bike was vandalized by some douche bag bastard ass teenagers who poured motor oil in my engine, cut my wires, and broke an expensive windshield I had just installed. I bought some engine cleaner and degreaser wipes and tried my best to clean out my bike. Most of the oil ran down the sides of the engine and not inside. Although I did have the top right head off the engine when they vandalized it( I was in the process of changing my spark plug earlier that day). I patched the wires back up, cleaned my carburetor, and put fresh gasoline in my bike. This all happened back in November and I finished fixing it on the 1st of January. Today was the first day that I went out to turn on my bike after the vandalism. When I pulled out the choke to turn it on the bike fired up but after a few seconds of running I heard a clicking sound. Also when I tried to rev the engine and give it some gas (while in neutral) the bike cut off completely. I'm not sure why this is. It wasnt doing this before the vandalism occured. I recorded a video of me starting the bike with the choke out all the way and you can hear the sound. Also I tried to start the bike without the choke and try to give it some gas and it turns off(this portion not in video). Anyone know why this is happening? To me it sounds like something is slipping.

link to video:
https://youtu.be/teRjwIpwRcI

IP Logged
buster6315

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Clicking Sound + Poor Idle
Reply #1 - 02/23/17 at 19:29:41

What I heard sounded like snorting from your carb, caused by a lean condition.  This usually will lessen as the engine warms up.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 02/23/17 at 20:33:13

rpm is a tad low for a cold engine.
lean snort, I've heard that before, now I know.

check your vac line.  this will cause it to be lean due to air leak.

WWW   IP Logged
alisonsup

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 02/27/17 at 10:46:48

Thanks for answering. Over the last couple of days I have been pulling out the choke all the way to let it idle and the clicking sound would go away after about 5 minutes into the idle. But when I would try to push in the choke it the bike would sound like it was fixing to cut off. I tried to give it some throttle but it shut off completely even after idling for 10-15 minutes... Also its time to change my oil. Could that have anything to do with it?

IP Logged
alisonsup

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 02/27/17 at 10:48:59

I also checked the vacuum line and it was all the way pushed in. The previous owner worked on the carburetor. He took out the washer that caused it to run lean and put one in half the size.  Should I take that one out and let it run without it?

IP Logged
alisonsup

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 02/27/17 at 14:07:30

I went outside to adjust the fuel air mixture screw but its still set at factory settings with the cap over it. I would have to drill a hole in the cap in order to adjust it. Before those kids vandalized my bike I didn't have a problem with the idle or fuel air ratio.

As I was looking over the manual I noticed there was an idle screw. And I think when I was cleaning the carb a couple months ago I might've taken it off and cleaned it(I say "I might've" because I honestly don't remember if I did or not. Buts its a possibility that I did because I was trying to be thorough.) Could that be the source of my problem?

IP Logged
alisonsup

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 02/27/17 at 16:51:05

Actually I just found the problem. The diaphragm in my carburetor has a small hole in it. I'm guessing that's where the air is coming from and the sucking noise. I'm gonna see if it can be patched up. If not I'll buy a new one.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #7 - 02/27/17 at 17:09:49

The diaphragm /slide is about $95.00 ,you might look into repair with liquid glue if the hole isn't large,I can't remember what you use but I believe some others on the site ,can.You need to look for something fuel resistant and flexible (they do exist )

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
alisonsup

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 02/27/17 at 23:15:09

I heard that some people used gorilla glue but I was thinking about using pliobond. It's suppose to hold up against gasoline. I found it selling on eBay for $5.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #9 - 02/28/17 at 00:17:42

yes pliobond! I couldn't remember,I'd heard about but never had to use it.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
alisonsup

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 02/28/17 at 06:45:21

Thanks I just put in an order for some last night. Hopefully it will ship soon and I can repair my bike quickly

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 16:19:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Clicking Sound + Poor Idle

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.