Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Free Trip -- Dragon Area, Santeetlah Lake Cabins (Read 1426 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Free Trip -- Dragon Area, Santeetlah Lake Cabi
Reply #45 - 03/11/17 at 09:42:17

MM, Toymaker has not yet posted to reserve his spot, really he just said hello and we plugged him in as a place holder in case he does post to reserve a spot.   As a teacher, he can't ditch work at the school year's end all that easily --- so he may be a Sunday day rider if he comes at all.

We got 5 physical beds and enough room for a cot or two so I think we should list no more than 6 people without starting planning on a tent.

Next, a little electric heater and an extension cord would be a good thing to have in case it breaks off really really cold on us.    We supposedly have power available out by the cooking area which we could route back into the cabin quite easily.    4-5 adults and a small electric heater would serve to take the chill off really really well.

=========================

Where we go, what we do and how fast we do it needs some extra thought & consideration -- you may want to ride your big bike to always remind you about the various 'chunkies strung out behind you.  

You got you a mixed bowl of chunky chocolates back there, a Goldwing, a Savage Barcalounger, a Kawachunkie and two Hurleys all of which handle differently and do considerably worse than a uniform bunch of Savagers would do.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #46 - 03/11/17 at 11:05:36

Yea ,

You know what ?   Most of the CMA bunch has Wings or Three-wheeler s of various beginnings .   and my Sportster has 4" added to the forks , which increases my leaning angle a LOT !   I lead them on a ride last Saturday and took it nice and easy --- till I got them so lost they HAD   to keep-up  Grin ,  Grin  .   Then I just kept it my normal ride !  Smiley    , at the end of the day , it was all "Boy , that was FUN"  and big Smiles  ...  Cool  
They did elect me Road-Captain this year ...

Plus , somebody  Roll Eyes  has tought me how to maximize my turning ability , by way of many years on Dragon type roads.    

Could be best if I did more following on this ride ???   Wink  Sometime I think the Sportster is as nimble as my Savage w/floorboards ?    I should add a couple inches to the front of the Savage !   The back already has a couple inches added to it.

0217171700_001.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #47 - 03/11/17 at 11:31:30

I likes that paint job .... a lot.   Looks like a new straight pipe with turn outs on your Savage now, huh??   

You put silicone tire shine on your tires -- save any of it for your tent?    Do you got another beauty contest planned for the trip to your farm ????    

You know Dave will have his new 250 mostly finished by then, right???   He loves that stuff just like you do.  

I wonder if they have a Barcalounger tanker bike category?

Yep, that's the real true Golden Rule ---- KEEP UP !!!!

« Last Edit: 03/11/17 at 18:25:54 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #48 - 03/11/17 at 11:38:15

The bike got the left-overs !  

What was that "lower cost" alternative you had found ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #49 - 03/11/17 at 11:41:53

Silicone tire shine that comes in clear quart spray bottles from Wally or from Autozone -- read the label to be sure it is pure thick silicone oil and open it and smell it at the store to make sure it doesn't stink bad like some brands do.   You don't want "hydrocarbon oil based stuff", you want heavy silicone oil.

« Last Edit: 03/13/17 at 22:35:45 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #50 - 03/11/17 at 16:31:25

I'm almost afraid to ask about the beauty contest .   Our CMA group is who put it on.  (before I joined them)

I don't want to be "manning the station" while not do the poker run

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #51 - 03/17/17 at 11:54:04

Here is the current weather "prognostication"    ----    I think of them as belly button scratching this far out.

Looks good though.     http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/robbinsville-nc/28771/month/334849?monyr=4/0...

MM says he has his dizzy under control, so we are still good for the trip.

Screenshot_at_2017-03-17_14-58-38.jpeg

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #52 - 03/17/17 at 11:59:25

MM......Did you wash your Savage????!!!!!!

I betcha' the last time it was washed was when Stewmills and I washed the rabbit guts off last summer!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #53 - 03/17/17 at 12:04:24

I do believe MM has the largest wildlife kill count of any of us now.

Chimpmunks, squirrels, rabbits, Hurleys,  ......   regular Terminator, ain't he?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #54 - 03/17/17 at 13:08:24

I betcha' the last time it was washed was when Stewmills and I washed the rabbit guts off last summer!  

Well Dave I consider you a good Friend , but I think my bike likes you even better !    Yea , you've got it used to being a clean machine !  Grin

As long as those critters stay small enough to bounce over and I don't have to skin em and cook em I'm OK with the situation ...  Wink

Dave you and Stew can clean my bike anytime  !   Smiley

So we"ve got a group of 4 to circle the lake with ... I'm not sure that"s enough ???

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #55 - 03/17/17 at 13:26:05

MMRanch wrote on 03/17/17 at 13:08:24:
[highlight]
Dave you and Stew can clean my bike anytime  !   Smiley

You still like us......even after we hid the Rabbit Spleen in your saddlebag? Wink

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #56 - 03/17/17 at 16:15:51

Undecided

I thought it was a little boy rabbit, and them were the little extra bits what you hid inside the flap seal of his saddle bags .....  ..... for continuing good luck and extra riding courage, you know.

.... the residual smell was just a little bit of extra luck in case a pack of dogs chased after MM sometimes out in the future ....

Roll Eyes

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #57 - 03/17/17 at 18:14:24

Stewmills and I are not well versed in what/where the inside parts of a rabbit are.

It looked like a pinkish/yellow  bean....with a short cord attached.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #58 - 03/17/17 at 18:52:51

Kidney,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #59 - 03/20/17 at 22:00:35

Nope , I truely believe it was a pair of Rabbit-Tesiticles ...    Lips Sealed  ....  Sad , Sad , Sad ...

But

Sorry Mr. little bunny rabbit ...  Embarrassed  ... I'll say , "Ya ain't really done nothing till ya get some Rabbit Testicles burned on-to your exhaust pipe ! "

It does look good all cleaned up and every thing don't  it ? (the bike not the rabbit ...  Shocked

So , I came back from a ride to the next town over today and Jed is in the driveway (had just got there)  standing next to a shinny "new-ish" GSX-R750 .   Huh

He says ... "Wait till you ride this baby" ...

Ya know what I did/said don't ya ....

"So , Jed - ya want follow me on the Sportster ?"

That bike should not be street legal !     Smiley   420# wet , and 120+ HP --- geared to red-line 6th gear about 165 or so ... w/15,000rpm  red-line.     The gears are so close together its like you never even shifted .    I was in high gear at 40mph/3,000rpm and still looking to upshift ...  Huh

I'm glad he likes it , and it is pretty , and fast , it would be "Boring" to ride the speed limit on.    I suspect putting around at 45 and 50 mph would make ya cry on that thing .   :'(   If , Jed  shows up at our cabin we can put him up for the night and hear crazy story of him passing old people on big cruisers  Grin.  

I rode with Kent on his chopper up to robbinsville last year and he kept up good .    He did buy the Sportster so he would be more likely to slow-down a little.   I told Kent this is a "Relaxing-Ride" .   He has never been to Santeetlah lake either so he'll be sight-seeing with us .

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 08:28:33

General CategoryThe Cafe › Free Trip -- Dragon Area, Santeetlah Lake Cabins

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.