Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print
Free Trip -- Dragon Area, Santeetlah Lake Cabins (Read 1426 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Free Trip -- Dragon Area, Santeetlah Lake Cabi
Reply #120 - 04/24/17 at 05:23:03

It is a shame the weather didn't work out an you cancelled - but it was a good call.

I looked at your Accuweather link for today....mostly cloudy with a little rain - but when I look at the weather radar on my phone - it shows that area getting drowned all day!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #121 - 04/24/17 at 10:09:49

It has not stopped raining at Fayetteville NC at all, the entire time .... getting kinda dreary to tell you the truth.    

Earlier this morning the city streets were standing in water because the storm drains had all backed up ..... too much flow for them to handle.    Or else the water table is backed up, tomorrow if all the ditches are still sitting full it will be a water table thing instead of a flow thing.

« Last Edit: 04/25/17 at 05:48:08 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #122 - 04/24/17 at 14:52:29

There's
Riding in a good shower
And there's
Riding in the RAIN.
Some riding isn't safe.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #123 - 04/25/17 at 05:45:42

Rained all last night too, supposed to stop about noon today.  

This makes up the very first totally rained out trip, yes, indeedy it does.

What did we learn from this ?

Don't plan spring trips until MAY (too cold and wet) and don't ever trust Robbinsville weather forecasts -- always assume some wet can come get you at any time.   Carry a rainsuit in your bags, up on top of the stacked mess so you can get to it easy, too.

Always plan to tent, pre-renting cabins is a money trap that can get you periodically.  Tenting costs less when weather cancellations happens.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #124 - 04/25/17 at 05:51:45

It seems the weather in the mountains is somewhat unpredictable, and even in the dry months the elevation change can result in daily showers.  Also the summer months when we like to go riding also causes the energy to fuel the daily "pop up" showers....which can sometimes be avoided by riding away from them.

Hopefully - the future for us soon to be "old retired guys" will allow a bit more flexibility - and group rides can be arranged with just a few days "Lets Go" planning.....rather than having to make arrangements months in advance.

This likely will be my last summer of being chained to my desk and construction projects, and I likely will have a lot more flexible schedule next year.  If the lawn is mowed before I leave.....I likely will be able to get away and ride!

If we use the Kick Stand Lodge more often - the bunkhouse beds may be a good option as they may be available with very short notice (and they are in the same building as the bathroom).

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #125 - 04/25/17 at 05:59:39

Dave, that trip all the way up the Blue Ridge Parkway, if we extended the Washington DC termination end of it up into the Pennsylvania hills we could go see the Steam Museum.

That would be a good old fart's retirement big bike ride of at least a week in length.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #126 - 04/25/17 at 06:24:55

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 04/25/17 at 05:59:39:
Dave, that trip all the way up the Blue Ridge Parkway, if we extended the Washington DC termination end of it up into the Pennsylvania hills we could go see the Steam Museum.

That would be a good old fart's retirement big bike ride of at least a week in length.

Maybe....too early for me to start planning that.

It is somewhat flattering to find out they are having trouble finding a replacement for me....so I have offered to stay a bit longer in 2018 until a smooth transition can be made.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #127 - 04/25/17 at 06:45:44

Are they willing to pay you some extra money to hang around a bit?   Point out that you want to USE the good time you have left before the inevitable body illnesses build up on you and you cannot do what you had wanted to do.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #128 - 04/25/17 at 07:04:03

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 04/25/17 at 06:45:44:
Are they willing to pay you some extra money to hang around a bit?

The longer I work....the more I get paid and the less I have to rely on my savings or retirement account!

As an owner of the company I am a "partner" with the younger folks that will be owning/operating the company once I leave - and it is impossible for me to leave until a suitable replacement is available.  I have offered to stay until they have someone who can take over my projects/clients.  Up until a few months ago I was planning on working 3 more years - so a 6 month extension to July 2018 is not going to be a problem as far as I am concerned.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #129 - 04/25/17 at 19:30:59

I'll be REALLY GLAD to have company out here in the world of "Everyday-Being-Saturday".    But I got to warn ya'll , its brutal till you get your "To-Do-List" done-up.

Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 10:21:43

General CategoryThe Cafe › Free Trip -- Dragon Area, Santeetlah Lake Cabins

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.