Send Topic Print
Hill-Billy! (Read 168 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Hill-Billy!
Reply #15 - 02/23/17 at 07:19:32

Just try getting insurance, walk in and see if you can get license plates. Who cares if you have a title? In Texas, I get plates and never showed a title. Doesn't mean they don't run a check, but as long as the VIN isn't on the Stolen list, the worse that can happen is they say no. Cancel the insurance and you're out thirty bucks, but the time and money to secure the title isn't spent. It's a gamble..

Just how good of a sport is your wife? I mean, she wouldn't be Really mad as long as you got her bailed out the same day, would she?
Women, as unpredictable as a cheap battery.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 02/23/17 at 07:27:09

JOG......KY will not issue you a plate if they don't have a title on file.

Kentucky has an incredibly difficult Title/License procedure.....every year when I go to get my renewal sticker - I feel like I have had a major victory if I get it right the first time!

When I took the Ohio Title to the County Clerk's Office to have the title for the ST1100 transferred to me, I had a copy of the listing that showed the asking price was $3,500, I had a signed Bill of Sale from the owner that stated I paid $3,500, and the Ohio Title had $3,500 stated as the sale price, and the signatures were notarized.   The Clerk could was not allowed to accept that I paid $3,500 as the sale price......because I did not use the official KY form - she had to charge me on a $4,200 price as that is what NADA book had listed as the value.  I just paid the extra $60 in taxes....as it was not worth a 2-3 hour trip to go get the previous owner to sign the "Official Kentucky Form".

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 02/23/17 at 16:27:12

Bummer dude,, Well, you have a cool project either way.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 20:40:34

General CategoryThe Cafe › Hill-Billy!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.