Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Source for a cheap Savage glass mat battery -- $30 (Read 305 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: Source for a cheap Savage glass mat battery --
Reply #15 - 03/01/17 at 14:37:00

WOW! Not what I wanted to hear. Are they going to ship you the correct battery after all this?

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #16 - 03/01/17 at 15:14:31

No, they say nobody makes "you fill it" liquid acid batteries any more.    This is not true, Yuasa does, but they cost a mint to buy one.    Walmart sells them, for crying out loud.

Correction: Walmart has nothing but sealed "maintenance free" batteries now.

Apex Battery gets rated at 2 out of 5 stars on their own net rating service that they use.   Most of it is likely their careless advertising and the problems that result from that vague to just plain wrong ad-work.

My gut feel is they "fixed everything" within 5 hours, which isn't poor service -- but they required the jerk around from me twice to get that level of service.

========================================

They got their battery back and credited my charge card without issues.

« Last Edit: 03/03/17 at 15:25:43 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #17 - 04/16/17 at 20:09:53

Dave wrote on 02/26/17 at 03:39:14:
Steve H wrote on 02/25/17 at 16:52:08:
I'd be interested to know too.  Mine is beginning to show signs that it's not as good as it once was. But, it is 5 years old, too.

You have gotten about as much as you can from that one.....you are on borrowed time!  This most likely will be the summer that it dies!

Really?  Shocked

My '08 is using the stock battery and shows no signs of dying. I plug up my trickle charger about once a week and let it run until I get a solid green light (fully charged). It normally only takes 5 minutes or so. The bike is stored in the garage. 9 years and counting!!!

I'm used to car batteries lasting about that long too.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 04/16/17 at 20:55:30

You got the goody out of it. If it just Dies a hundred miles from home, you'll wish you would have swapped it out.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #19 - 04/17/17 at 03:19:50

Kris:

The original AGM Yausa battery in my ST1100 was the original 2000 battery that had the Honda logo embossed on it, and it lasted for 15 years before it needed replacement.  It was working fine and never gave a hint of trouble - then one morning I fired up the bike and rode to the hardware store.....then down the street to get gas - and when I turned the key on after pumping gas - there was nothing....not even enough power to turn the neutral light on.  I jumped the bike and got home - and tried charging the battery and there was no reviving it.

When I went to the dealer to get a replacement they said that the OEM batteries last far longer than any of the replacement batteries - maybe it is the same for Suzuki.

It does appear however that the AGM batteries can fail without giving you any advanced notice.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 22:29:02

General CategoryThe Cafe › Source for a cheap Savage glass mat battery -- $30

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.