Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Source for a cheap Savage glass mat battery -- $30 (Read 305 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Source for a cheap Savage glass mat battery -- $30
02/21/17 at 08:17:02

http://batteryrush.com/adventure-power-utx14ahl-battery-replacement/?gclid=CJ...

I know all battery sources and sale pricing on the internet are "time variable", depending on them needing to dump off some aging stocks, etc. etc. etc.

HOWEVER these folks have got some of our Savage UTX14AHL battery (glass mat type) at $24 with $9 shipping, then they also have a current coupon code for 10% off   --- code is GET10  ---  which is easy to remember.    

It has been a long time since I ever saw a $30 glass mat battery for our bike, shipped.

Adventure Power is a so-so battery brand, not wonderful but not too shabby either.   My last one was an Adventure Power and it lasted 3-4 years, which is about typical for me.

Battery Shark has the exact same pricing but lacks the coupon code.  

Stock, these batteries go for $69.99 up to $110 depending on where you buy them.    I will report the manufacturing date code when the battery gets here.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
hinow41
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Source for a cheap Savage glass mat battery --
Reply #1 - 02/22/17 at 13:55:04

Anyone order one of these or have ordered from this company?

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #2 - 02/22/17 at 14:27:46

If they are shipped " DRY " , so I can store it till I need it ... I might buy two of them !  Huh

any info on are they dry or already running  ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #3 - 02/22/17 at 15:42:14

MM, it is a glass mat battery (no water ports) and they are manufactured and stored wet.   This is why they go on sale for 1/3 price, these are getting some age on them and need to be sold off while they can still support their warranty period.

Dry lead acid type batteries that come with a acid pack are the preferred type of battery for buying on the cheap and storing them.   I wish I could find one or two of those to buy and store too.

Warranty period on a bike battery is a meager 6 months.   Bike owners tend to kill the batteries by not running the bikes all the time in the winter months and the mgfs. know this and really only warranty for the first season of use.

This is why a good battery tender is a worthwhile investment.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #4 - 02/23/17 at 19:31:36

This is why a good battery tender is a worthwhile investment.

You are so right  , I have tenders in every parking spot !   I've gave away tenders at the CMAUSA Christmas party s  two of the last two years .   Wink

So did ya get you one of those batteries ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #5 - 02/24/17 at 18:02:30

It has been ordered and is "on the way" supposedly.   10 day delivery by snail mail.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #6 - 02/25/17 at 14:03:52

It's a beautiful day and guess who is not out riding. You got it, moi!!! Dead battery. I am currently resuscitating it and it does seem to be charging well now that I have refilled with distilled water. Please let us know how long these batteries have been sitting around. I may want to buy one also. Thanks OF.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #7 - 02/25/17 at 16:52:08

I'd be interested to know too.  Mine is beginning to show signs that it's not as good as it once was. But, it is 5 years old, too.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #8 - 02/26/17 at 03:39:14

Steve H wrote on 02/25/17 at 16:52:08:
I'd be interested to know too.  Mine is beginning to show signs that it's not as good as it once was. But, it is 5 years old, too.

You have gotten about as much as you can from that one.....you are on borrowed time!  This most likely will be the summer that it dies!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #9 - 02/27/17 at 10:20:23

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #10 - 02/27/17 at 11:15:27

It shows the picture of a glass mat, but says it is:

[b]This conventional power sport battery is shipped dry and must be activated and charged before installation. (It is a wet-type battery where the included acid must be added into the battery before installation. May need periodic refilling.) The battery acid is included and need not be purchased separately. Non HAZMAT but must. Before the included acid is added, please make sure the battery fits your application. Once the acid is added, the battery cannot be shipped back for exchange or refund purposes.

[Product Specification
Weight 10.14
Capacity 14
Length 5.24
Width 3.5
Height 6.54
Polarity |-||||||+|
Manufacturer Apex Battery
UPC 722589456169
Model Number UTX14AHL-BS
Terminals D
Brand Adventure Power
CCA 210
Chemistry Conventional Lead Acid (Wet Pack)
Condition New
Volts 12/b]

It MAY BE the dry shipped wet cell battery that MM has been looking for, and it may be able to be stored dry for extensive periods of time before adding the acid.   Something between the picture and the description on that last listing is inconsistent & wrong though, because it simply can't be both ways ....

This needs a follow up with the seller to get the add corrections (whichever way the correction needs to be, that is)

Contact the seller and get us a correction so we know what it really really is .....

=======================================

I "netchatted" the web page's chat box and I got info that the picture was wrong and the text in blue is correct.    HOWEVER, since you can't trust the pic, you can't know the exact terminal placement until you get a good pic for what they are really selling.    Shipping costs $11 and the discount code for 5% off currently works.

So the original one I listed before is supposed to be a glass mat that is shipped wet and this new one is a wet cell battery that is shipped dry and it is good for storing.   I am going to get me a dry one to store and a "wet" glass mat (arrives in two days) for immediate use.

« Last Edit: 02/28/17 at 07:33:05 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #11 - 02/28/17 at 11:34:48

From the little reading I have done it appears the glass matt battery, as you call it, is basically a maintenance free battery that is supposed to be one step above the regular (maintenance required) lead acid battery. It really appears you fond a good battery at a very good price.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #12 - 03/01/17 at 11:27:05

Apex Battery listing

THIS IS NOT NECESSARILY WHAT YOU GET -- DO NOT BE DECEIVED

This conventional power sport battery is shipped dry and must be activated and charged before installation. (It is a wet-type battery where the included acid must be added into the battery before installation. May need periodic refilling.) The battery acid is included and need not be purchased separately. Non HAZMAT but must. Before the included acid is added, please make sure the battery fits your application. Once the acid is added, the battery cannot be shipped back for exchange or refund purposes.

[Product Specification
Weight 10.14
Capacity 14
Length 5.24
Width 3.5
Height 6.54
Polarity |-||||||+|
Manufacturer Apex Battery
UPC 722589456169
Model Number UTX14AHL-BS
Terminals D
Brand Adventure Power
CCA 210
Chemistry Conventional Lead Acid (Wet Pack)
Condition New
Volts 12

This is what was ordered.

After Action Report

Apex shipped the wrong battery (a wet cell maintenance free one) and now flatly say that they no longer MAKE the dry cell battery that we were told about.

Finally got through on the phone and was told by the warehouse that actually shipped the product that they will ship whatever is oldest/available on these sorts of deals which is why they list about 4 different part numbers hidden up in the listing itself (clever, huh).   It is an inventory dump listing that can be filled with whatever is older / cheaper at that point in time.

Main customer service offered to send me a free shipper to get the battery back to them.

« Last Edit: 03/01/17 at 13:31:53 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #13 - 03/01/17 at 12:04:25

The Battery Rush order is also tweeked a bit, they supplied a SigmasTek STX14AHL-BS battery which is a maintenance free battery bearing a burned in date code 170118.   What was ordered was a UTX14AHL-BS from Adventure Power (the advertisement).

"Battery date codes typically are found on the tops of batteries, usually in one corner, and can only be seen when looking straight down at the tops of batteries. The first two digits in the date code are the most important. These are the digits that indicate both the month and year when the battery was shipped. The first digit is the month, indicated by a letter (A is January, B is February, and so on) and the second digit is the year (1 is 2011, 2 is 2012, and so on)."

So, my SigmasTek battery was assembled in January 2017 and shipped in February 2017 so it is likely pretty fresh.   This SigmasTek STX14AHL is a little taller than the Apex Battery, so I will take it to the battery box to see if it fits.    It fits fine, it is installed and it is charging, coming up from 12.96 volts as shipped .....

Note:  the Apex battery has no date code stamping at all .... whatsoever.  This is against regs to sell a wet cell battery with no date code unless is it one you add the acid to yourself to start the use cycle.

Also note: in both cases what was pictured on the order page was what was shipped, the text was wrong in many ways in both cases and the part number was wrong in both cases as well.

« Last Edit: 03/01/17 at 13:30:37 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #14 - 03/01/17 at 13:43:47

Do not do business with Apex battery.  

They specialize in saying whatever you want them to say to get you to place the order, then they ship whatever else it is that they choose to ship you (changing your order accordingly) and then they refuse to pay to get the error product shipped back to them.   no free shipper

Being fair, they did provide a "better" battery ..... but that isn't what was wanted or what was ordered.

Being fair again, they fixed the shipper thing ASAP when called on it -- battery is now on the way back to them for a full refund.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 22:17:02

General CategoryThe Cafe › Source for a cheap Savage glass mat battery -- $30

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.