Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is the Savage that small? (Read 137 times)
tiagobraap
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Is the Savage that small?
02/17/17 at 19:08:35

Hi guys, my name is Tiago, i'm from Portugal and i really love the Suzuki Ls650 and really want to buy one.... but to be honest i've never seen one in person, just photos on the internet.

So my question:
Is the Suzuki LS650 too small? I read about that a lot..
i'm 6'' (1.83m) 75Kgs (don't know in pounds)
I don't wanna look like a parachute while riding the bike, i don't need to have my legs straight forward, but i don't wanna have the knees on my chin or look like a gorila riding a small bike.

So, do you guys have any photos of a suzuki savage LS650 next to another motorcycle? Just to compare.. or any of you guys that are 6'' tall have a photo sitting on the bike?

I really can't find anything on google, my last motorcycle was a Suzuki DR350 custom to Dirt Track Racing, but i want a bobber now, specially like the one from MACHINE13 (the guy with the rear skateboard fender).

I've read alot about all the issues of the bike, i don't mind all the problems it has, i just love it, to me it's all about being simple and light. I don't need it to have 100hp and reach 200mph.. just enought to cruise or go on trips with friends on fire roads and such.

Cheers from Portugal!
Tiago

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Is the Savage that small?
Reply #1 - 02/17/17 at 19:18:08

I'm 5'11'' with a 34" inseam, I've changed to an aftermarket seat,as I think you well too ,if you go custom.I've been riding mine since 1996 and I don't think of it as being to small.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
tiagobraap
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 02/17/17 at 19:29:37

batman wrote on 02/17/17 at 19:18:08:
I'm 5'11'' with a 34" inseam, I've changed to an aftermarket seat,as I think you well too ,if you go custom.I've been riding mine since 1996 and I don't think of it as being to small.

Yes, the thing is, i've seen some photos of people riding the Savage bobbed out and or they are giants or the bike is super small.
In Portugal the bike is not a rare one but neither appears on 2nd hand websites often. So i can't just go and sit on one to try, that's why i'm asking.

Thanks for your reply! Wink

IP Logged
tiagobraap
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 02/17/17 at 20:09:43

These are the kind of Savages i would like to "copycat" this kind of short chopper/ bratstyle

Captura_de_ecr_2017-02-18_s_04_05_01.png
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #4 - 02/17/17 at 20:52:22

Tiago,

I am 6' tall and weigh about 170 LB.

My handle bar risers are cut down in height about 2" and my seat has been raised about 2".

Kenny G

IMG_0454.JPG
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #5 - 02/17/17 at 23:07:45

Like KennnyG, you can either raise the seat height/or cut the "horns" at  the rear of the frame and move the seat back/or move the foot controls 4"-6" forward ,if you have long legs.You can adapt the bike to fit your body/riding style.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
tiagobraap
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 02/18/17 at 04:06:43

Thank you guys!
Now i have an idea of what to do Wink
I see i can't bob the bike,  maybe i'll go with a brat/tracker custom modification.

Thank you for the help!
Regards,
Tiago

IP Logged
tiagobraap
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 02/18/17 at 04:11:19

I'll do something more like this

IMG_20170218_121015.png
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 02/18/17 at 05:59:15

Yep they are small.  I'm 6'3" and commuted on mine regularly last summer.  I had lower bars and bumped up the front of the seat.  I pretty much hated it for anything longer than my commute (about 50-55 minutes on back roads.)  Mostly because of the low seat.

You are on the right track with that tracker.  I'm converting mine into a standard/mild scrambler in the vein of a 70s bike.  I have a 36" inseam so I'm going more for mid-controls rather than the rearsets normally used on most cafe/tracker projects, but I'm keeping the rear of the motorcycle lower at the same time.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 02/18/17 at 06:05:02

Here's my project: http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1472222031/48

I found inspiration on this site and then I saw the SR400 BSR.  After that I knew what direction I wanted to go.

IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #10 - 02/18/17 at 10:43:17

At 5'11", and a 32 inch inseam and long torso, I feel cramped on long rides.  HOWEVER, if you plan on building a bobber, you can place the seat and bars to fit YOUR dimensions.  Cool

IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #11 - 02/19/17 at 06:09:40

I'm pretty short and it fits me fine. My mate is 6'2" and he looks like a monkey riding a peanut. My seat is lower than stock though. The tracker looks good.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 15:38:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Is the Savage that small?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.