Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
I thought the Savage was a cruiser............ (Read 986 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: I thought the Savage was a cruiser............
Reply #30 - 02/12/17 at 16:43:23

Ya know,you're right,,I was so busy being amazed that he was doing all that with a bike I never would have dreamed could possibly be coerced into doing those things that I never even considered being critical of how he was doing it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 02/12/17 at 18:05:42

Crap, you guys are haters.  The dude is on a Savage with forward pegs, not mid controls, having fun and doing stuf that most of us shouldn't even attempt on a Savage.  

And you guys are criticizing his form?  ROFLMAO

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #32 - 02/12/17 at 18:59:19

Skilled rider on stock suspension , I have never seen someone ride like that with forward controls. Hats off to him , he must be a pro rider of some sort!

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #33 - 02/12/17 at 21:32:17

Hay , my hat off to that person --- I'd buy them a Smoke Sausage at the truck stop to see them do it in person !   Smiley

The Ridding Style reminds me of OldFeller a little , .... no mater what gets in the way , "Pour the fuel to it and GO-ON "  Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #34 - 02/13/17 at 14:19:47

I'm not accusing anyone, but the jacket that dude is wearing is EXACTLY  like the one that Verslagen has.
MM, Oldfeller, Dave, and anyone else who has ridden with him...think about it.   Wink Grin

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #35 - 02/13/17 at 15:08:47

Yep....that is Versy's jacket alright.

You can't ride the Savage like a trials bike or enduro bike and attempt to cross logs with the same sort of style...the pegs are on the wrong end of the bike, the Savage doesn't have enough suspension travel....and the Savage has a seat!

Same thing applies when riding wheeliies or jumping....the pegs are on the wrong end of the bike!

The guy does a good job of making the Savage do things it wasn't built to do.........I am pretty sure I won't be riding with him anytime soon!

Here is how you cross logs when the pegs are on the correct end of the bike!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcHanj5FEy8

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #36 - 02/13/17 at 22:34:43

Looks to me like there's ample room to ride around. I think I know how I would go at it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Rtrnate1283
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 02/14/17 at 16:32:20

That's pretty impressive riding

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #38 - 02/14/17 at 17:41:23

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/13/17 at 22:34:43:
Looks to me like there's ample room to ride around. I think I know how I would go at it.

JOG, you're a very wise man! Just go around the durn thing!  Cheesy

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #39 - 02/14/17 at 18:05:52

If I still bounced like I did forty years ago I'd still be brave.

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #40 - 02/17/17 at 13:52:16

Dave wrote on 02/13/17 at 15:08:47:
Yep....that is Versy's jacket alright.

You can't ride the Savage like a trials bike or enduro bike and attempt to cross logs with the same sort of style...the pegs are on the wrong end of the bike, the Savage doesn't have enough suspension travel....and the Savage has a seat!

Same thing applies when riding wheeliies or jumping....the pegs are on the wrong end of the bike!

The guy does a good job of making the Savage do things it wasn't built to do.........I am pretty sure I won't be riding with him anytime soon!

Here is how you cross logs when the pegs are on the correct end of the bike!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcHanj5FEy8

On a trike it's similar technique except you use the big bouncy front wheel to pop the front end up by running right into the log.

At least the guy in your video has the sense to wear proper gear.

Here's an example of what I used to be into.
https://youtu.be/NptDnB4sUMc

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #41 - 02/17/17 at 15:20:52

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #42 - 02/17/17 at 17:57:46

ohiomoto wrote on 02/17/17 at 15:20:52:

Yup
That was the day my chest protector saved my life.
Tongue

Hypothetically -
I'm a newbie looking for a beginner bike in the year 2021. I was told the LS650 is what I should consider.
So I find the Suzuki Savage forum and read this thread about a guy who does all of this crazy off-road stuff on his savage. Everybody on the site is saying how cool he is and how good of a rider he is and since I am young and impressionable I can't help but to agree with the opinions of all these seasoned pros on the forum.

So I went out and bought one from the dealership. Then I took it off-road without any protective gear or practice. I wanted to be cool like the guy in the video so I tried doing the stunts he did.
And I wanted to look cool for the old pros on the website.

So here watch the video of me wiping out over and over again and completely destroying my brand new bike and hurting myself.
See that last scene? That's where I hit a big rock and bottomed out on it. the crankcase got smashed and I was thrown off of the bike and hit a wild grizzly bear that then proceeded to gore me. Just kidding. I actually hit a tree on the side of the trail and because I didn't have any protection on like the cool guy in the video I broke my back in two places and will never walk again.

So thanks Suzuki Savage pros for giving me such high aspirations and letting me know that riding irresponsibly in a manner that is not suitable for this kind of bike is such a cool thing to do.

Hay want to see me ride a wheelie in my wheelchair?

I'm sorry but the guy in the video is a jackass. I'd love to know how many takes were shot for each stunt before he managed to get it right without wiping out. Notice the obvious cut and paste job of the editing. If it were a continuous recording from a GoPro or something that would be a different story, but for all we know he wrecked the bike on each stunt and had to make repairs and possibly heal injuries before recording the next one.

And for all of you people who think he's so cool and such a pro let me say this. From my perspective, coming from my background in hare scrambles, no he does not look cool. he looks like a squid.

I'm sorry you are all so easily impressed by wonton acts of stupidity but this guy is stupid. Several of you have reinforced what I am saying by pointing out he is doing these stunts on a bike with forward controls. As though that was an excuse. No it is further evidence that he's an idiot and proves my original point that nobody in their right mind should be doing this crap with this bike.

Y'all want to laugh at me and be doubtful about my riding knowledge and skills? go ahead. I couldn't care less. What bothers me much more is that from now until this forum goes offline forever people will find this thread and video and might be tempted to act with such stupidity because y'all said it was cool. Shame on you!

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #43 - 02/17/17 at 18:07:12

And for those that want to laugh at me I came very close to being a sponsored hare scrambles pro. I had a local bike shop interested in footing the bill for me but then my mother decided to move us from Long Island to Philly. I'd have gone the pro circuit if it wasn't for that. I'm a legendary rider back there that people still talk about to this day. But go ahead and laugh. whatever...

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #44 - 02/17/17 at 18:08:18

Geez Mike...chill!

We're not advocating being a jackass. The guy has some skills. You have to admit that. Riding like that on the street is definitely stupid. I don't think any of us would try those stunts. We're a little more mature than that...maybe!  Cheesy

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 08:33:01

General CategoryThe Cafe › I thought the Savage was a cruiser............

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.